CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

11 Hits That Were Passed Over

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

11 Hits That Were Passed Over Empty 11 Hits That Were Passed Over

Post by Marc™ Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:39 am

11 Hits That Were Passed Over

11 Hits That Were Passed Over Tlc-britney

'Baby One More Time' (From TLC to Britney Spears)
    TLC were way too grown for teen pop when they were offered this song, opting for mature tracks like 'Waterfalls' instead. 'One More Time' became a career rocket-launcher for Spears, and it midwifed the rebirth of bubblegum. Chalk up another one for Britney!

11 Hits That Were Passed Over Janet-whitney-800-21712

'How Will I Know' (From Janet Jackson to Whitney Houston)
    This track was originally commissioned for Janet, but her label turned it down because she was already working on her breakthrough album, 'Control.' Houston's mentor, Clive Davis, eventually picked up the song, feeling Whitney needed a pop crossover hit. The song eventually hit No. 1 on the Billboard charts.

11 Hits That Were Passed Over Leona-beyonce-800
    'Halo' (From Leona Lewis to Beyonce)
    Simon Cowell takes Lewis' career so seriously that the former 'Idol' curmudgeon had this song composed expressly for his protege. However, Lewis was too busy to record 'Halo,' so it wound up in the hands of Beyonce. Cowell was surely less than his usual jolly self when Beyonce hit big with it.

11 Hits That Were Passed Over Micheal-jackson-justin-timberlake-800

'Rock Your Body' (From Michael Jackson to Justin Timberlake)
    Superstar producers the Neptunes created this track for Michael Jackson's comeback album, 'Invincible,' but it didn't make the cut. Instead, Timberlake snared it and took it to the Top 5. Coincidentally, this was the song JT performed with Janet Jackson at Super Bowl XXXVIII during her infamous wardrobe malfunction.

11 Hits That Were Passed Over Pink-hilary-duff-kelly-clarkson

'Since U Been Gone' (From Pink to Hilary Duff to Kelly Clarkson)
    Clarkson was America's first 'American Idol,' but she was third in line for this song. After Pink and Duff both gave it the thumbs down, Clarkson scooped it up and landed a No. 2 smash, proving she had staying power beyond reality TV.

11 Hits That Were Passed Over Shawna-kanye-800

'Gold Digger;' (From Shawnna to Kanye West)
    West originally created 'Gold Digger' for hip-hop hopeful Shawnna's solo debut, but she rejected it. West reworked the lyrics for himself and then took 'Gold' platinum. Meanwhile, the only precious metal Shawnna's been rocking lately is her tin ear.

11 Hits That Were Passed Over Britney-rihanna-800

'Umbrella' (From Britney Spears to Rihanna)
    Spears' streak ended when her label's execs stopped accepting songs for her album. The heavens opened instead for Rihanna, who made 'Umbrella' the biggest single in the world. It's one of three trash-picked tracks she has taken to No. 1, along with 'S.O.S' (passed on by Christina Milian) and 'Disturbia.'

11 Hits That Were Passed Over Celine-aerosmith-800-21712

'I Don't Want to Miss a Thing' (From Celine Dion to Aerosmith)
    What could Aerosmith possibly have in common with Dion, aside from big hair? The raucous rockers took this schmaltzy Diane Warren tune -- originally intended for the big-voiced pop balladeer -- and turned it into gold. Ten years after they hit big with 'Dude Looks Like a Lady,' they were singing like one themselves.

11 Hits That Were Passed Over Kylie-britney-800-21712
    'Toxic' (From Kylie Minogue to Britney Spears)
    When offered first dibs, Minogue declined. She's probably still sore from kicking herself when 'Toxic' debuted in the U.K. at No. 1 the same week that she entered the chart four spots behind with the less memorable 'Red Blooded Woman.'

11 Hits That Were Passed Over Destiny-chris-kelly-800-21712
    'Miss Independent' (From Destiny's Child to Christina Aguilera to Kelly Clarkson)
    When Destiny's Child refused 'Miss Independent,' producer Rhett Lawrence brought it to Aguilera, who had a go at it but gave it up. It then fell into the lap of Clarkson, who turned it into a smash. Aguilera was naturally miffed about letting the song slip away, but she admitted that Clarkson nailed it.

11 Hits That Were Passed Over Chris-rihanna-800-21712

'Disturbia' (From Chris Brown to Rihanna)
    Brown wrote this song for a re-release of his 'Exclusive' album. Then Rihanna heard it, and when Brown agreed that it would work better as a female-oriented song, she took it -- to No. 1. In light of certain events, perhaps Brown's allowing his girlfriend to have 'Disturbia' was a hint that he might have a hidden dark side.

Source:
    http://www.spinner.com/2012/02/17/famous-song-different-singer/
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

11 Hits That Were Passed Over Empty Re: 11 Hits That Were Passed Over

Post by Supernova Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:11 am

They missed one, Rainy Days, from TLC to Mary J. Blige and Ja Rule.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:36 pm

Interesting, I didn't know that about "How Will I Know". If that song had made it, instead of "You Can Be Mine", then the "Control" album would've been flawless big grin

'Gold Digger;' (From Shawnna to Kanye West)
    West originally created 'Gold Digger' for hip-hop hopeful Shawnna's solo debut, but she rejected it. West reworked the lyrics for himself and then took 'Gold' platinum. Meanwhile, the only precious metal Shawnna's been rocking lately is her tin ear.

LMAO!
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:02 pm

Interesting. From that list, I think all the songs went to the more appropriate owners. I can't image TLC singing "Baby One More Time" or Janet doing "How Will I Know."
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:09 pm

Chris wrote:Interesting. From that list, I think all the songs went to the more appropriate owners. I can't image TLC singing "Baby One More Time" or Janet doing "How Will I Know."

I can actually see Janet doing that one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:18 am