CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Alan Smithee
Bluesmama
Tony Marino
CeCe
Shale
Chris
10 posters

What do you think of 'brutally honest' people?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

What do you think of 'brutally honest' people? Empty What do you think of 'brutally honest' people?

Post by Chris Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:54 pm

Do you consider people who are blunt and outspoken with their opinions to be rude or do you appreciate their honesty?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

What do you think of 'brutally honest' people? Empty Re: What do you think of 'brutally honest' people?

Post by Shale Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:59 pm

I admire honesty, but if ppl are too tactless it gets annoying. There is a balance that must be met.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

What do you think of 'brutally honest' people? Empty Re: What do you think of 'brutally honest' people?

Post by CeCe Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:54 pm

Shale wrote:I admire honesty, but if ppl are too tactless it gets annoying. There is a balance that must be met.

co-signs and it isn't all that hard to tell the difference.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:00 pm

While I do appreciate honesty I am not going to be very happy if someone is talking a lot of shit about me. They better be able to back it up!
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:29 pm

There's a big difference between raw honesty and not thinking before opening the mouth. I have a sister-in-law like that and she's done lots of damage.

Abe Lincoln quote: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:23 pm

I appreciate getting an honest answer, especially if I've asked them for it but if someone gives unsolicited comments like, "You look stupid in that shirt" will get, "Yeah but at least I can take it off. You don't have that option."
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:29 am

Chris wrote:Do you consider people who are blunt and outspoken with their opinions to be rude or do you appreciate their honesty?

The latter for the most part. There is a major difference in being blunt and being mean. If you don't like it, you can...........

What do you think of 'brutally honest' people? 400348
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:30 am

Pretty much what everyone else said. There's a thick line between tactful and tacky.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:28 am

I agree with everyone else. It is not novel to be so blunt one is hurting feelings at every turn.
    jennab85
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by jennab85 Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:07 pm

Shale wrote:I admire honesty, but if ppl are too tactless it gets annoying. There is a balance that must be met.

That is how I feel too Shale.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 10:27 pm