CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Cheaps
CeCe
Shale
RedBedroom
8 posters

Do you take pride in any of your city's landmarks or points of interest?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Do you take pride in any of your city's landmarks or points of interest?  Empty Do you take pride in any of your city's landmarks or points of interest?

Post by RedBedroom Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:28 am

One friend of mine in Florida LOVES Disney World. Their family is totally into it. Well, a close friend of mine is there this week and thinks it's lousy and way over-rated.

So, that made me wonder...are there any points of interest in your city you are especially proud of? Granted most won't be of "Disney proportion" but regardless, are there any?

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Do you take pride in any of your city's landmarks or points of interest?  Empty Re: Do you take pride in any of your city's landmarks or points of interest?

Post by Shale Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:50 am

We have the ocean, the beaches and weather to enjoy them most of the time when the rest of the country is under freezing snow. That's it.

Well, we do have one of the few legally sanctioned nude beaches in the nation. My nudist club won that by insisting that under Florida law you can be nude in a place set apart. So, Miami-Dade County put up signs saying if seeing naked ppl is your problem don't go to this half mile of beach - go to one of the other thousands of miles of Florida beach instead.

Other than that, there is nothing noteworthy. It is a tourist spot that also has Miami across the bay, a trade city with ties to Caribbean, Central & South America.

I prefer Washington DC for the sightseeing. Love going thru all the Smithsonian museums. There are no free museums or zoo in this place.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Do you take pride in any of your city's landmarks or points of interest?  Empty Re: Do you take pride in any of your city's landmarks or points of interest?

Post by RedBedroom Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:56 am

Shale, do you know how many nude beaches are in the United States? I am curious.

"Knowing" you via this forum has really taught me how nudists should be able to enjoy a beach in America. So long as it is set apart and those who want to enjoy it can, in privacy, kudos to you all. I hope that comes across as genuine and not snarky...it is meant to be genuine. While I don't enjoy such a thing, I think it is a really good and healthy thing for others.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:33 am

RedBedroom wrote:Shale, do you know how many nude beaches are in the United States? I am curious...
    There are a lot of traditional nude recreation places that sprang up in the ‘60s from the Hippie era Free Beach movements around the country.

However, these are often tenuous. Some have been known for nude recreation but the moralist prudes keep shutting them down or giving ppl grief. If you belong to a nudist organization you know NEVER plea bargain – always insist on a jury trial if you are popped for just being nude in public. Consistently 75% of the public agrees there is nothing wrong with nude recreation – even if they do not wish to partake of it.

Wrecks Beach in Canada, Blacks Beach in Cali, and Playalinda at Canaveral Nat’l Seashore in Florida are the most popular old nudist destinations. Like many nude beaches they are on federal land which does not have laws against nudity. But with Playalinda, there is a joint enforcement agreement and the Brevard county moralists have been harassing ppl there, tho this is on hold pending lawsuits.

Haulover has been clothing optional since 1990.

Here is the Wiki blurb:

Haulover Beach, in Miami-Dade County (between Sunny Isles Beach, Florida, and Bal Harbour), the most popular nude beach in North America. Haulover Nude Beach is situated between the Intracoastal Waterway and the Atlantic Ocean and is part of Dade County's Haulover Beach Park. This .4 mile stretch of white sand shores, open ocean surf, various shaded picnic facilities, beautifully landscaped sand dunes, and concession stands has attracted as many as 7,000 people on a single day. The northern nude area is officially recognized as clothing-optional with official signs and is only a part of the Haulover Beach Park but attracts 66% to 85% of park visitors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_social_nudity_places_in_North_America
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:47 am

Not really. We have an absurd looking building that a lot of us refer to as "The Giant Dildo in the Sky". But there's nothing special about anything really.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:28 am

Not really, never really seen any of them.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:40 am

This is New York City need I say anymore.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:54 pm

I do somewhat, but honestly....a lot of it is played out to me.
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:22 am

Check the signature big grin
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:14 am

My town has no points of interest. Shrugs (Oh well…)
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:23 am

Alan Smithee wrote:My town has no points of interest. Shrugs (Oh well…)

Oh, come on - It's not like you live in New J...

Uh, NEVERMIND!
    blushing
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:26 am

Nice try

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:11 am