CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Going to see a play...should I watch the movie first or after?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Going to see a play...should I watch the movie first or after? Empty Going to see a play...should I watch the movie first or after?

Post by RedBedroom Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:24 am

I am going Wednesday to see The Cemetery Club on stage. My friend is in a production of it. Today, I was at a consignment shop, and they had VHS cassettes for a buck each. So I browsed titles. The Cemetery Club was there on VHS, in the movie format.

I really don't know what is better? Do I watch the movie before or after? I see pluses and minuses with either option. And I really am not sure which would be better! I am leaning toward just watching her and then seeing the movie.

Thoughts?
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Going to see a play...should I watch the movie first or after? Empty Re: Going to see a play...should I watch the movie first or after?

Post by Impact Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:57 am

I'd watch the movie first, if only to have a gist of the story.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Going to see a play...should I watch the movie first or after? Empty Re: Going to see a play...should I watch the movie first or after?

Post by Chris Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:17 am

Impact wrote:I'd watch the movie first, if only to have a gist of the story.

I agree. I would watch the movie first. With a play, I don't think much is lost if you know the story beforehand, because it tends to be more about the stage acting than the story.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:13 pm

Great advice. I am going tomorrow, so hopefully will have time to pop the movie in tonight before bed.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:42 pm

As it turned out, I did not get time to see the movie. I am so glad I did not. The ending was surprising and emotional, and having seen the movie would have ruined it for me to some degree.
    It was an excellent show! My friend had a very minor role, which surprised me. I never ask her her role, to be surprised. She is always the female lead with the company that she is with that shows in April. So, this year, she did not get the lead, so I thought for sure she did with this one. But it had to do with age, I see. The three female leads are all older, retired and widowed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:06 pm