CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Vinyl Albums

Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Vinyl Albums Empty Vinyl Albums

Post by Hyacinth Girl Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:08 pm

Anyone out there into vinyl albums and 45's? Sending a shout-out that I'm selling my collection because I've replaced most all of it onto CD.

If you or anyone you know is interested, PM me, or find me here at Craig's List (artists/titles listed in ad)

http://worcester.craigslist.org/for/2916553558.html

Thanks for looking!

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Vinyl Albums Empty Re: Vinyl Albums

Post by Tony Marino Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:31 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:Anyone out there into vinyl albums and 45's? Sending a shout-out that I'm selling my collection because I've replaced most all of it onto CD.

If you or anyone you know is interested, PM me, or find me here at Craig's List (artists/titles listed in ad)

http://worcester.craigslist.org/for/2916553558.html

Thanks for looking!

Good luck. I could not get rid of mine. Beware of Craigs List scammers!
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:43 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

Good luck. I could not get rid of mine. Beware of Craigs List scammers!

Do you have a used music store? They usually buy vinyl. Might not get a lot but it would be better than nothing & having them in the way.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Hyacinth Girl Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:13 pm

^^ I actually sold 9 of them to a guy and his wife on Craig's List who are collectors looking to buy, before I even placed my own ad. He's sending me a money order for $50, and I'll ship the box once I receive payment. He seemed legit, after chatting a bit by email, and he was more worried about me scamming him, but I sent photos and gave him directions to where I work, if he wanted to make the drive, but he was fine with me mailing them.

I don't have anyplace in my immediate area that buys used records, but there's a few places in and around Boston. I touched base with a couple of them, and they'll give me 1-2 dollars each for them, but considering a few of them I have are worth close to $50 each, I know they're going to turn around and sell them for that. If I don't have luck on Craig's List, I'll try Ebay, but albums don't seem to be moving over there, either. I go into Boston often enough, that I can bring them with me if I end up giving in and letting the stores pay me peanuts for them.

I'd like to get at least $5 each--that seems a little more fair in my favor, since they're all just about mint condition.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:35 pm

You may want to look around online to see if there are any companies looking to buy any of your titles. I did a quickie search and found a place in the UK. It is probably too costly to ship to them but they do allow for someone to email what they have then they will quote you a price. I think they were paying $12 for your Frankie Goes to Hollywood album. I am sure such a place exists in the U.S. too.

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:13 am

CeCe wrote:

Do you have a used music store? They usually buy vinyl. Might not get a lot but it would be better than nothing & having them in the way.

CeCe for what they wanted to give me I would rather let them collect dust.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Hyacinth Girl Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:11 pm

I found a store about 20 miles south of where I am that is interested in looking at my collection. I don't mind that drive and am waiting to hear when they want me to stop in, but I did tell them I don't expect to gets tons of money for them yet don't want to give them away for 50 cents each, either. If this doesn't work out I may have to resort to wrapping them up and giving them as Christmas gifts-- lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:55 pm