CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Nystyle709
Supernova
Chris
7 posters

Do iPads and digital textbooks belong in classrooms?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Do iPads and digital textbooks belong in classrooms?  Empty Do iPads and digital textbooks belong in classrooms?

Post by Chris Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:30 am

Since everything seems to be going digital these days, if you sat on a school board, would you vote in favor of replacing traditional textbooks with digital/iPads?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Do iPads and digital textbooks belong in classrooms?  Empty Re: Do iPads and digital textbooks belong in classrooms?

Post by Supernova Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:02 am

No because there are still going to be some careers in the world that these students might apply for when they're out of school that do NOT have everything switched to digital and then what? How would they know what to do with it?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Do iPads and digital textbooks belong in classrooms?  Empty Re: Do iPads and digital textbooks belong in classrooms?

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:14 pm

Not totally replacing it, but the option should definitely be there. I'm thisclose to getting an iPad or a tablet for school. Prob. gonna have it for next semester. It's a hell of a lot easier to deal with.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:53 pm

I wouldn't be all for it. In 10 years, kids graduating college are not even going to be used to cracking a book.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:09 pm

I hope it won't be the end of actual books but the digital age seems inevitable.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:54 pm

Nope.
    jennab85
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by jennab85 Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:01 pm

[quote="Nystyle709"]Not [b][i]totally[/i][/b] replacing it, but the option should definitely be there. I'm thisclose to getting an iPad or a tablet for school. Prob. gonna have it for next semester. It's a hell of a lot easier to deal with.[/quote]

I agree with you on this. I don't think iPads or other tablets should completely replace textbooks, but the option should be there. A friend of mine returned to college just recently and he uses an iPad to read e-textbooks for a couple of his classes. He says there are pros and cons, but he likes having an extra option when getting textbooks or other materials for his classes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:42 pm