CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Nystyle709
Kral
RobbieFTW
Marc™
Nhaiyel
Tony Marino
Chris
11 posters

Your parents marriage/relationship.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Your parents marriage/relationship. Empty Your parents marriage/relationship.

Post by Chris Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:53 am

Were your parents married, and if so how long has/did their marriage last? Are they still married, did death part them, or are they divorced?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Your parents marriage/relationship. Empty Re: Your parents marriage/relationship.

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:55 am

My parents were married for a very long time. My Mama passed on.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Your parents marriage/relationship. Empty Re: Your parents marriage/relationship.

Post by Chris Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:57 am

My parents have been married for almost forty years. They came close to divorcing when I was about nine, but reconciled and have been together ever since.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:51 am

My parents have been together for approximately thirty-five years, but have only been married for twenty-five. Yes, I'm an out of wedlock baby. I was six years old when they finally decided to stop dancing and said their "I Do's." I still remember when they came home and told me the "big news," that they had eloped.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:37 pm

My parents were married from 1979-1997. They split up in '95, but it took two years for the divorce to be finalized.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:43 pm

My parents were married the year I was born but split up when I was 9. Both remarried and had kids with their 2nd husband & wife and both are still married to them.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:31 pm

My parents celebrated their 38th wedding anniversary four months ago.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:32 pm

My folks were married in 1987, a year before they had my brother. So my brother was born in wedlock, but I wasn't. They got divorced in 2001, but were separated for 8 years prior. Why it took them that long, I don't know.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:28 pm

My parents were married for twenty-two miserable years before they finally realized "duh...this doesn't work". The absolutely crazy part though is that when they finally divorced, they kept on living together for another three years. This was AFTER the divorce was finalized.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:39 am

Nhaiyel wrote:My parents have been together for approximately thirty-five years, but have only been married for twenty-five. Yes, I'm an out of wedlock baby. I was six years old when they finally decided to stop dancing and said their "I Do's." I still remember when they came home and told me the "big news," that they had eloped.
    I am being totally nosey, but how did you feel about that? I only ask because my son's dad and I are not married, though I refer to him as "husband" online...just easier. I doubt we will get married ever, but I find it so interesting that you parents took the leap when you were six.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:42 pm

My parents have been married since Dec. 1967. 42 and a half years.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:16 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
    I am being totally nosey, but how did you feel about that? I only ask because my son's dad and I are not married, though I refer to him as "husband" online...just easier. I doubt we will get married ever, but I find it so interesting that you parents took the leap when you were six.

I was happy. I lived with my mom, but my dad was over on a regular basis...practically living with us. When they finally got married, I was thrilled that he was going to be there all the time now. They really went out of their way to present this as "our new beginning as a family," and I got into the spirit of it.
    Rule Breaker
    Rule Breaker
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

Post by Rule Breaker Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:08 am

My mom & dad were married for 5 years and had my older brother during that time, then they divorced. 2 years later they remarried and had me and my sister. They have now been together for 38 non consecutive years.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 7:54 am