CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

General Hospital' Renewed, 'The Revolution' Canceled

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

General Hospital' Renewed, 'The Revolution' Canceled  Empty General Hospital' Renewed, 'The Revolution' Canceled

Post by Tony Marino Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:38 am

Its official. Now if ABC realizes their stupidity they will put OLTL back on the air but I doubt that it will return, I bet we are going to be seeing a lot of OLTL cast on GH:

"The Revolution" is over. Long live "General Hospital."

ABC has pulled the plug on its fledgling healthy lifestyle program "The Revolution" after less than a year on air, keeping "General Hospital" as part of its daytime schedule, HuffPost TV has confirmed. Deadline.com was first to report the news of the renewal and cancellation. ABC will also introduce a summer afternoon version of "Good Morning America."

"The Revolution" replaced "One Life to Live" in January after food program "The Chew" took "All My Children's" old timeslot. Fans were worried about the fate of "GH" after the network announced Katie Couric's talk show would take the soap's 3 p.m. ET timeslot. There was some talk of "GH" getting a weeknight summer run, but with the cancellation of "The Revolution," "General Hospital" is safe.

ABC canceled both "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" in 2011, with "AMC" ending in September 2011 and "OLTL" wrapping up in January 2012. There were plans for both soaps to move online after a deal was made with Prospect Park, but that eventually fell through.

After "One Life to Live" ended, veteran actors Kassie DePaiva, Roger Howarth, Michael Easton and Kristen Alderson joined the cast of "General Hospital" and "One Life to Live" executive producer Frank Valentini also joined the "GH" family.

"General Hospital," now in its 49th season, has produced more than 12,500 episodes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/11/general-hospital-renewed_n_1419098.html

Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

General Hospital' Renewed, 'The Revolution' Canceled  Empty Re: General Hospital' Renewed, 'The Revolution' Canceled

Post by Cheaps Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:29 am

clapping Kool.

I'm enjoying the addition of the new cast, so far. And if their arrival meant the ending to that stupid Ethan/Cassandra storyline and Ethan's departure, then I love them! Smile I could never stand Ethan.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

General Hospital' Renewed, 'The Revolution' Canceled  Empty Re: General Hospital' Renewed, 'The Revolution' Canceled

Post by Chris Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:09 pm

Eh. Much as I would like to be happy about one of their new shows being cancelled, it's still a slap in the face that the show I watch remains dead, while its sister soap gets a reprieve.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:24 pm

Would I wouldn't give to laugh in Frons face about it.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:59 am

OLTL had better ratings, I can't understand why it was cancelled and GH remained.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:17 am