CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

I think ABC wants to shut us up

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

I think ABC wants to shut us up Empty I think ABC wants to shut us up

Post by Tony Marino Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:02 pm

I think the migration of some of the OLTL actors to GH is ABC's way of trying to keep the OLTL fans quiet. Well I for one will not remain quiet, it is not the same as them having their own show! ABC is trying to dupe us same way they did with the Prospec Park bullshit.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

I think ABC wants to shut us up Empty Re: I think ABC wants to shut us up

Post by Chris Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:24 pm

Yeah, I sense that the minute I heard that the Manning's were going to GH, which is why I am dragging my feet in tuning in. This is a blatant, unabashed ploy to con OLTL fans into tuning into their last remaining soap, and I am not sure if I am in the mood to accept the manipulation.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:32 pm

They probably are, but heck, I only got so much fight in me for a lost cause. OLTL isn't coming back. Best thing I can let ABC do is sink like the Titanic and be there to say 'I Told You So.'
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:49 am

Forgiveness Man wrote:They probably are, but heck, I only got so much fight in me for a lost cause. OLTL isn't coming back. Best thing I can let ABC do is sink like the Titanic and be there to say 'I Told You So.'

I am not giving up just yet I still think there is hope for a resurrection of the show. I have joined in and sent letters and e-mails to everyone letting them know I want OLTL back again. I don't think ABC expected such a mass protest and they don't know how to handle it except by trying to keep us quiet with the imports to GH. Well I won't stay quiet just yet I will continue to fight!
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:16 pm

Eh, it'll come to the point of what am I fighting for? Most of my favs got a happy ending and GH might be a way for the others to do that as well. The sets are gone and the actors are moving on. At this point, I don't want them to give me different people in different homes and set it in Llanview and title it OLTL. I just don't got the fight in me for this anymore...
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:23 am

Longtime GH fans are probably not too thrilled about the influx of OLTL characters on their show. LOL

Shrugs (Oh well…)

I may start watching, but I need some more OLTL characters there that I actually care about! Tea is one. Let's get some!!!
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:39 am

Kral wrote:[b]Longtime GH fans are probably not too thrilled about the influx of OLTL characters on their show. LOL

Actually, with what I've seen so far, I'm enjoying the new characters.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:26 am

Kral wrote:Longtime GH fans are probably not too thrilled about the influx of OLTL characters on their show. LOL

Shrugs (Oh well…)
    They ain't, but too bad. No sympathy from me. Their soap survived and ours didn't. They still have the vast majority of their characters and if they don't particularly care for whoever is front and center, that's not tied to OLTL. If it wasn't these characters, it'd be other newbies. So GH fans don't really get sympathy from me since they are the only ABC soap that is still on the air. A smattering of OLTL leftovers compared to the bulk of an entire soap? OLTL fans are the ones who have reason to be angry here, not GH fans.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:17 am

Forgiveness Man wrote:They ain't, but too bad. No sympathy from me. Their soap survived and ours didn't. They still have the vast majority of their characters and if they don't particularly care for whoever is front and center, that's not tied to OLTL. If it wasn't these characters, it'd be other newbies. So GH fans don't really get sympathy from me since they are the only ABC soap that is still on the air. A smattering of OLTL leftovers compared to the bulk of an entire soap? OLTL fans are the ones who have reason to be angry here, not GH fans.

co-signs

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:45 am