CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Cheaps
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
ph balanced
Jason B.
9 posters

"How was your weekend...what did you do?"

Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

"How was your weekend...what did you do?" Empty "How was your weekend...what did you do?"

Post by Jason B. Sun May 06, 2012 12:16 pm

I have a co-worker who every Monday inquires how my weekend was and what it is I did. On the one hand I appreciate the interest, but on the other it's sort of an annoying question - especially if you didn't do anything in particular - but you try to dress it up so that your answer won't make you sound like the dullest person on earth.

Does this question bother anyone else?
    ph balanced
    ph balanced
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

"How was your weekend...what did you do?" Empty Re: "How was your weekend...what did you do?"

Post by ph balanced Sun May 06, 2012 12:20 pm

Not yet over, but my Saturday kicked ass!!!! I got together with a few friends and won a game and eariler in the day my work was very productive big grin
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

"How was your weekend...what did you do?" Empty Re: "How was your weekend...what did you do?"

Post by Nystyle709 Sun May 06, 2012 12:24 pm

It can be annoying, but I usually just answer "it was okay". I don't get into details unless I'm in the mood. And on Mondays, that's a RARITY.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun May 06, 2012 12:29 pm

If it bothered me that much I would probably type up a report to hand them on Monday. Once

6:00AM - Opened eyes
    6:02AM - Scratched testicles
    6:04AM - Got out of bed
    6:05AM - Walked to bathroom
    6:06AM - Peed
    6:06AM - Flushed
    Etc.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sun May 06, 2012 7:35 pm

Yea if I don't feel like getting into details, I just reply "It was fine", "it went okay".
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun May 06, 2012 8:19 pm

Most of my co-workers know that I see a movie a week (I email my blurbs to them) and alternating with that is spending time on the nude beach. So, if they want details I can give that. And if I had a sexual tryst with some young man on the weekend I would tell about that if they pressed the issue. No one asks. blank stare @ you
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon May 07, 2012 1:05 pm

I had some friends in from out of town, celebrated my birthday a little early, it was a great weekend!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon May 07, 2012 9:44 pm

Jason B. wrote:I have a co-worker who every Monday inquires how my weekend was and what it is I did. On the one hand I appreciate the interest, but on the other it's sort of an annoying question - especially if you didn't do anything in particular - but you try to dress it up so that your answer won't make you sound like the dullest person on earth.

I don't like that question in person either, Jason. My replies are usually pretty boring.

It reminds me of the fact my step daughter's aunt always gives me the third degree about what vacations I have taken since I saw her last. She travel extensively so I don't know if she is trying to "one up" me or is genuinely curious. I think it's the former.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Mon May 07, 2012 11:10 pm

Its ok... but i think some people are more interested in tellin u what they did, so they ask u first.

this weekend a pipe broke in my bathroom and clean up was a pain... atleast i rent, so no bill.

Red--- I have a friend thatdoes this too... "i have traveled to every continent, and visited 23 countries. But of course, not everyone can do that" The best part of this is that we make the same amount of money in the same job, neither are married, and neither of us have kids. SOOOO the point is, IF i WANTED to do that i could... but I would rather buy my dream car than spend $20k a year on vacations. She pulled that crap with my brother and he said, "yeah you went to india and africa, and i built an addition onto my house. You spent a lot of money for memories and have nothing tangible to show for it--- i increased the value of my home and have 3 new rooms to spread out in!"

People's priorities are different... doesnt mean they are wrong... but people dont realize that what is important to you, isnt necessarily the same that they care about.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue May 08, 2012 10:59 am

Jason B. wrote:I have a co-worker who every Monday inquires how my weekend was and what it is I did. On the one hand I appreciate the interest, but on the other it's sort of an annoying question - especially if you didn't do anything in particular - but you try to dress it up so that your answer won't make you sound like the dullest person on earth.

I agree Jason it is rather annoying and I have a co-worker that asks the same question as well but now I have decided to say anything in the world that I want to him because he is just plain nosey and annoying.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:01 am