CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
JeanMerc82
MandyPerfumeGirl
Nystyle709
Marc™
Forgiveness Man
Nhaiyel
Supernova
Chris
12 posters

The 'Golden Girls' Discussion Thread

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

The 'Golden Girls' Discussion Thread Empty The 'Golden Girls' Discussion Thread

Post by Chris Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:02 am

The 'Golden Girls' Discussion Thread The-golden-girls
    The
    Golden Girls
    Discussion thread!
    Discuss all things Golden Girls-related here.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

The 'Golden Girls' Discussion Thread Empty Re: The 'Golden Girls' Discussion Thread

Post by Chris Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:03 am

Who was your favorite cast member?

Any favorite episodes, clips, seasons, etc., etc.

What did you think of Golden Palace?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

The 'Golden Girls' Discussion Thread Empty Re: The 'Golden Girls' Discussion Thread

Post by Supernova Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:09 am

My favorite is Sophia, least favorite Blanche by far. I liked the Golden Palace, it was funny, not as good without Dorothy but what can you do with that? She wanted out, clearly the others didn't as much, I wish it would come out on DVD because I don't know how long the tapes I made from when Lifetime showed it will stay good.

Favorite episodes...well I've always loved the Break-In, and The Case of the Libertine Belle, and I love The Days and Nights of Sophia Petrillo, and I'm a bit fond of The Auction as well...and I like To Catch a Neighbor, and Stand By Your Man...Not Another Monday is also a favorite of mine, and the Bob Hope episode, and I personally like Sick and Tired, but I don't like the way Hallmark's editing all the good parts out now...and 72 Hours, and Like the Beep Beep of the Tom Tom, It's a Miserable Life...I think I like most of them, except for the clip shows, and the last two-parter.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:31 pm

Blanche and Sophia were my favorites. My favorite episode is the one where Blanche thinks she's pregnant, but then discovers it's menopause.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:39 pm

I liked Sophia and Rose. Dorothy and Blanche were funny but some of their antics did get on my nerves every now and then. Didn't see The Golden Palace.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:58 pm

My favorites were

Sophia
    Blanche
    Dorothy
    Rose

One of my favorite episodes was when Sophia accompanied Blanche on her date with the guy in the wheelchair, pretending to be her mother and said "we was po'" Cracked me up. Another one was the one when Dorothy dated Stan's brother, after he had had the bad date with Blanche. The way Dorothy and Blanche took turns insulting each other at the kitchen table was hilarious.

I think that one season of Golden Palace was better than the final season of Golden Girls.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:37 pm

Chris wrote:Who was your favorite cast member?

Sophia by FAR. Then Blanche, Dorothy and Rose.

Any favorite episodes, clips, seasons, etc., etc.

Sophia had so many one liners that I can't even think to begin naming them all. I remember when she called Blanche a 'slut puppy' and I was rolling with that one. One of my favorite eps was when Dorothy had tickets to go see Burt Reynolds and then wouldn't let Sophia go. Then they got locked up for prostituting and Sophia came up to the jail and was like "I can believe they think someone would pay to sleep with you!". She played them at the end because they had to give up their tickets or sit in jail. Another one was when Blanche and Dorothy went on a game show together because they thought Rose and Sophia were too stupid to be their partners then Rose and Sophia were the ones who won.

What did you think of Golden Palace?
    Never really paid much attention to that spin-off so I don't have an opinion about it.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:42 pm

Bloopers

MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:06 pm

Ah! I love this show! I think my favorite character is Dorothy, lol, she gets dumped on by the others for being "masculine" and how she got pregnant in high school, etc. Poor Dorothy, lol.

One of my favorite episodes is the one where Blanche pretends she has that Mercedes for sale to lure more men to the house. laughing

I think I saw one episode of Golden Palace and I wasn't too impressed with it, it just wasn't the same!
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:38 am

Does anyone else get annoyed at how the cable stations hack up the episodes for time?
    JeanMerc82
    JeanMerc82
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by JeanMerc82 Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:16 pm

I love all 4 of them!!!! "THE GOLDEN GIRLS ARE GOLDEN"
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:26 pm

Chris wrote:Does anyone else get annoyed at how the cable stations hack up the episodes for time?

Oh VERY, I watched it on Lifetime for so many years and you could tell certain jokes were edited, but most of them were intact, now on Hallmark they just forgo whole segments and if you've seen them on Lifetime, it ruins it for you.

I wish they'd just show them on a channel and have them in full, some people get the DVDs to solve this problem but the last I heard there were sound problems on some sets.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:04 pm

I miss it being on Lifetime. Ever since it left, trying to find it on the other cable networks is hit or miss.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:32 pm

MEWarner
    MEWarner
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by MEWarner Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:18 pm

I love all of the girls for different reasons I really don't have a favorite so to speak and I have too many favorite episodes to name.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Tue May 10, 2011 5:58 am

The last surviving Golden Girl, Betty White, confirms the decades old rumor that Bea Arthur didn't like her.

MEWarner
    MEWarner
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by MEWarner Tue May 10, 2011 6:48 am

Chris wrote:The last surviving Golden Girl, Betty White, confirms the decades old rumor that Bea Arthur didn't like her.

Oh wow..I don't know what to say.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Wed May 11, 2011 12:26 am

That's a shame, because they all meshed so well on the show. As a fan, you want to believe that the actors are as close as their characters, but sometimes that's not the case. Both Bea and Betty seemed close to Rue, so my guess is that she was the neutralizing link that kept everything steady.
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:24 am

Shit cracks me up every time.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:31 am

This is even funnier.....

Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:27 pm

Marc™ wrote:This is even funnier.....

LOL, they had all kinds of patience with Rose cause she would've been pissing me off everyday.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:45 am