CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
wants2laugh
zthatzmanz28
Shale
Alan Smithee
RedBedroom
9 posters

Guys, could you be with someone who refuses to help out in the kitchen?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Guys, could you be with someone who refuses to help out in the kitchen? Empty Guys, could you be with someone who refuses to help out in the kitchen?

Post by RedBedroom Sun May 20, 2012 3:21 am

Is it a total turn off if your significant other won't help at all in the kitchen?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Guys, could you be with someone who refuses to help out in the kitchen? Empty Re: Guys, could you be with someone who refuses to help out in the kitchen?

Post by Alan Smithee Sun May 20, 2012 7:08 am

Are you asking the men specifically? I guess I wouldn't have a problem with that as long as she was pulling her weight in other rooms of the house. About the only domestic chores my wife and I seem to specialize in are laundry and grocery shopping.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Guys, could you be with someone who refuses to help out in the kitchen? Empty Re: Guys, could you be with someone who refuses to help out in the kitchen?

Post by Shale Sun May 20, 2012 8:06 am

For all the years that Brenda and I were together I did most of the cooking. When I started sleeping over at her apartment I took over the kitchen, which was actually not hers - she was living with her sister.

Jim was a cook at a cafe when I met him. We shared cooking in apartments, and the bungalow we rented in India but I had more experience cooking on open fires in our travels.
    zthatzmanz28
    zthatzmanz28
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 13

Post by zthatzmanz28 Sun May 20, 2012 11:44 am

I do everything I can to keep her out of the kitchen. She is convinced she can cook. I will give her that she does not destroy what she cooks--just that she cooks boring food.

When it comes to maintenance of the kitchen? I go CRAZY after the sinks are full of dishes and I cannot even fill the coffee well. And we have a DISHWASHER!
    Then she will get on me for putting the dishes in the dishwasher--AFTER I have to empty the dishwasher of last week's dishes.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sun May 20, 2012 12:28 pm

i dont cook... i cant cook. i tried a few times and once i accidentally cause a rag on fire (that was actually his fault to not having pot holder ro an over mit!) i have three sisters who have had 5 husbands... and only one of the husbands didnt do all of the cooking (and he was disabled---couldnt grasp with his hand).

personally if i take care of other crap.. then i shouldnt have to cook. chris told me that he didnt care if the house was a not exactly up to his cleanliness standards and i burnt the food, as long as i did it in lingerie and he still got blowjobs after marriage! LOL its good to have priorities in life! lol

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun May 20, 2012 1:07 pm

wants2laugh wrote:i dont cook... i cant cook. i tried a few times and once i accidentally cause a rag on fire (that was actually his fault to not having pot holder ro an over mit!) i have three sisters who have had 5 husbands... and only one of the husbands didnt do all of the cooking (and he was disabled---couldnt grasp with his hand).

personally if i take care of other crap.. then i shouldnt have to cook. chris told me that he didnt care if the house was a not exactly up to his cleanliness standards and i burnt the food, as long as i did it in lingerie and he still got blowjobs after marriage! LOL its good to have priorities in life! lol

I bet you make good reservations.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon May 21, 2012 11:20 am

Yes it is a turn off I would prefer the SO help out when its time to clean up.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon May 21, 2012 10:05 pm

Whatchu mean? Perhaps he's no good in the kitchen. Not a make it or break it factor.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Tue May 22, 2012 10:17 pm

It's a major plus when they can and do. I can't imagine being with someone who expected me to do all the cooking and asked "when's dinner?" My BF cooks and feeds our daughter and it's a MAJOR plus in a relationship that it doesn't all for on me all the time.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue May 22, 2012 10:42 pm

It's not necessary that they help in the kitchen while I'm cooking, but it is vital that they can cook and are willing to share the responsibility.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:08 am