CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
wants2laugh
Bluesmama
Alan Smithee
9 posters

Does a bear shit in the woods? Apparently not all of them.

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Does a bear shit in the woods? Apparently not all of them. Empty Does a bear shit in the woods? Apparently not all of them.

Post by Alan Smithee Wed May 23, 2012 11:00 pm

"He told CBC he went to use the bathroom, leaving the door open so he could enjoy the morning view, when the bear barged in." Maybe the bear didn't care for the view he got.

A 65-year-old Canadian man had a trip to the outhouse that he’ll never forget.

Gord Shurvell of Winnipeg says he was doing his business when a black bear barged in and attacked him, leaving him with scratches and a head puncture wound, before his friend shot the animal.

Shurvell recounted his tale of survival to CBC News on Wednesday.

He said he and his friend, 63-year-old Daniel Alexander, were on a camping and fishing trip near Dunbar Lake, about 37 miles north of Sioux Lookout, Ontario, when the attack happened early Saturday.

He told CBC he went to use the bathroom, leaving the door open so he could enjoy the morning view, when the bear barged in.

"I'm sitting on the throne, and my feet are sort of up on the 'poopstool,' we call it," he told CBC.

"So I'm kicking at him to get away, but he grabbed my pants that were down around my ankles. And that was the start of it, and he just kept coming."

He said the bear got a hold of him by the right shoulder and dragged him out of the outhouse toward the bush.

“I’m screaming for my buddy to come with a gun,” he said.

Alexander was in the cabin when he heard the commotion.

"I started out of the cabin and something clicked in, and I thought 'bear.' I turned around, went back into the cabin and got the gun," Alexander told CBC.

Alexander said the bear dropped his friend and turned toward him. That’s when he took aim and shot the bear in the head, killing it.

Shurvell was treated at a hospital for scratches on his head, neck and arms, as well as a puncture in the back of his head.
    http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/23/11836543-grabbed-from-the-throne-man-on-camping-trip-survives-outhouse-bear-attack?lite
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Does a bear shit in the woods? Apparently not all of them. Empty Re: Does a bear shit in the woods? Apparently not all of them.

Post by Bluesmama Wed May 23, 2012 11:19 pm

Holy crap!

Does a bear shit in the woods? Apparently not all of them. 676583
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Does a bear shit in the woods? Apparently not all of them. Empty Re: Does a bear shit in the woods? Apparently not all of them.

Post by wants2laugh Thu May 24, 2012 3:06 am

look... i guess the bear really needed that potty! in my house growing up, it was perfectly acceptable to drag someone from the bathroom by their hair to get in it! we had 5kids and one bathroom...

maybe the bear was against human pollution of the woods??? or the guy's shit just REALLY smelled that bad!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu May 24, 2012 10:05 am

That guy is lucky to be alive!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu May 24, 2012 11:20 am

LMAO!

He better be glad it wasn't a gorilla.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu May 24, 2012 11:48 am

Bet he won't leave the doors open anymore!
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Thu May 24, 2012 12:02 pm

When this news item was posted on one of the news sites I go to, some ding a ling posted a lecture about how safe Black bears are. folks don't fall for that horse manure. Black bears are bears and they are very dangerous. A few years ago one in fact trailed a local rancher, drug him off his horse, killed him and partially ate him. Wouldn't you think horse meat would have been better? There are cases of black bears mauling humans regularly, its just more exciting to report if it was a Grizzly attack.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu May 24, 2012 1:36 pm

Where my wife's brother lives they regularly see them or evidence that they've been around. Once we were up for a cookout and about 15 minutes after we went inside, one came strolling through the back yard.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu May 24, 2012 1:37 pm

Don't go in the outhouse uncle big grin
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu May 24, 2012 1:45 pm

All the bear would get from me is a "what the fuck are you looking at?" Except they have indoor plumbing. Getting central air soon too!
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu May 24, 2012 7:25 pm

Wow, crazy!

One reason why I won't go camping.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Thu May 24, 2012 7:49 pm

cats in NJ dont take shit from bears!!! LOL

bear
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Thu May 24, 2012 7:52 pm

Nystyle709 wrote: LMAO!

He better be glad it wasn't a gorilla.

ur still on the gorilla or the damn grizzly kick!!! ??? LMAO!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Thu May 24, 2012 8:54 pm

wants2laugh wrote:cats in NJ dont take shit from bears!!! LOL

bear

That is too cute/funny.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Thu May 24, 2012 9:27 pm

i saw a video of it years ago... it was from north NJ... and the cat chased him up there... then walked away... the bear waited 15min to see if all was ok.. and then the cat chased him back up!!! LOL
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Thu May 24, 2012 9:33 pm

That's a long-ass way to climb!
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu May 24, 2012 9:33 pm

wants2laugh wrote:i saw a video of it years ago... it was from north NJ... and the cat chased him up there... then walked away... the bear waited 15min to see if all was ok.. and then the cat chased him back up!!! LOL

ROFLMAO! I want a cat like that!!
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri May 25, 2012 12:35 am

wants2laugh wrote:cats in NJ dont take shit from bears!!! LOL

bear

IDK where this cat & bear were from, but cats appear to be a common fear among bears. Maybe ppl in the woods should carry a cat with them to the outhouse.

Does a bear shit in the woods? Apparently not all of them. Cat-chasing-away-bear
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Fri May 25, 2012 1:19 am

Thats pretty humorous but I assure you that bears don't usually run from people unless the people have made enough noise to warn the bear and give the bear enough time to get away. If you startle a bear you are probably dead. That goes for any bear, then they are unpredictable and even with noise they may decide to give you a good tasting.

and by the way bears don't shit in the woods if there is a nice flat road or lawn , apparently they don't like getting poked in the butt any more than anyone else would.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 9:45 pm