CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
wants2laugh
Bluesmama
Shale
7 posters

Saturday, May 26 in Miami

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Saturday, May 26 in Miami  Empty Saturday, May 26 in Miami

Post by Shale Sun May 27, 2012 1:37 am

Guess we do have some weird stories come out of this place.

At 2 p.m. I left Bayside and was biking up Biscayne Blvd toward the Venetian Causeway to go back to Miami Beach. I heard a police car with siren and lights speeding past me, then another and another.

They turned onto 13th Street the Mac Arthur exit against traffic and when I got there I saw a lot of other police cars, marked and unmarked on the exit ramp. I could count about 20 cars there and a security guard at the Adrienne Arsht center told me he heard there was a shooting involved.

Here is the foto I took of all the cars
    Saturday, May 26 in Miami  201205-26McArthCswy-BayshrDrshooting1Shale

This is the news reported later:

Naked man killed by Police near MacArthur Causeway was ‘eating’ face off victim

May 26, 2012

BY DANIELA GUZMAN AND JULIE K. BROWN
    jbrown@MiamiHerald.com

One man was shot to death by Miami police, and another man is fighting for his life after he was attacked and his face allegedly half eaten, by a naked man on the MacArthur Causeway off ramp, police said.

The bloodshed began about 2 p.m. when a series of gunshots were heard on the ramp, which is along NE 13th Street, just south of The Miami Herald building. Witnesses said a woman saw the two men fighting and flagged down a police officer who was in the area.

The officer, who has not been identified, approached and saw that the naked man was actually chewing the other man’s head, according to witnesses. The officer ordered the naked man to back away, and when he continued the assault, the officer shot him. The attacker continued to eat the man, despite being shot, forcing the officer to continue firing. Witnesses said they heard at least a half dozen shots.

Miami police were on the scene, which was just south of The Miami Herald building on Biscayne Boulevard. The naked man who was killed lay face down on the pedestrian walkway just below the newspaper’s two-story parking garage. Police requested The Herald’s video surveillance tapes.

The other man was transported to the hospital with critical injuries, according to police. Their identities were not released.

The incident, which came as crowds descended upon South Beach for the annual Urban Beach Week hip-hop festival, snarled traffic on the causeway for several hours.
    In a text message, Javier Ortiz, spokesman for Miami police’s Fraternal Order of Police, said the officer who fired the fatal shots was “a hero.”

“Based on the information provided, our Miami police officer is a hero and saved a life,’’ he said.

Sergeant Altarr Williams, supervisor of Miami police’s Homicide Unit, said a man doesn’t have to be armed to be dangerous.

“There are other ways to injure people,’’ Williams said. “Some people know martial arts, others are very strong and can kill you with their hands.’’

Last edited by Shale on Thu May 31, 2012 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fix Foto Link)
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Saturday, May 26 in Miami  Empty Re: Saturday, May 26 in Miami

Post by Bluesmama Sun May 27, 2012 3:19 am

This is when life is stranger than fiction. I've a hunch that the "cannibal" was high on some hard drugs.

The poor victim started his day off with no clue that his face would end up as a meal. Chilling. Yikes!
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sun May 27, 2012 3:36 am

hmmmm.... i dont think i want to go there.... cause some people there think that those zombies movies are real! lol
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Sun May 27, 2012 7:12 am

Wow! Just crazy.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Sun May 27, 2012 9:22 am

Still not much of a story as to what actually went down, but the security vid from The Herald bldg showed that both men were naked. Now I know homeless ppl stay under that bridge right below where they were. Could be one was trying to get away from under the bridge and they were fighting on the sidewalk above when the zombie was winning.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun May 27, 2012 12:21 pm

The cops had to put him down. Once those crazy naked men go rogue get a taste for human flesh there's really no choice. I hear they're even worse when they used to be vegetarians! Wink
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun May 27, 2012 2:08 pm

I don't even know what to say...Saturday, May 26 in Miami  Smiley_Shocked
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Sun May 27, 2012 5:49 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:The cops had to put him down. Once those crazy naked men go rogue get a taste for human flesh there's really no choice. I hear they're even worse when they used to be vegetarians! Wink

Yep! Ppl who get on my case about being vegetarian usually leave me alone when I tell them I have tried all meat except dog, cat, rat and human. IDK which would be nastier, but humans are easier to catch. evil grin
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun May 27, 2012 8:21 pm

Well we'd hate to have to put you down, Old Yeller Wink
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.