CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Cheaps
Impact
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
Tony Marino
Marc™
10 posters

How Electronics Savvy Are Your Parents?

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

How Electronics Savvy Are Your Parents? Empty How Electronics Savvy Are Your Parents?

Post by Marc™ Tue May 29, 2012 2:43 pm

Do your parents know their way around computers, cellphones and keep up with other current electronic gadgets?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

How Electronics Savvy Are Your Parents? Empty Re: How Electronics Savvy Are Your Parents?

Post by Tony Marino Tue May 29, 2012 5:27 pm

I had taught my father how to use a VCR, DVD Player and a cell phone.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

How Electronics Savvy Are Your Parents? Empty Re: How Electronics Savvy Are Your Parents?

Post by Alan Smithee Tue May 29, 2012 7:39 pm

My father has had his toys.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue May 29, 2012 9:29 pm

Well, they have all of those things so they are savvy enough. They basically have what they need, nothing too fancy though. Neither of them own a smartphone or an iPod. Blasphemy.....I know.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Tue May 29, 2012 11:47 pm

They have cellphones, iPods and computers but aren't abreast to every new upgrade.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue May 29, 2012 11:56 pm

My can use a basic cellphone. Computers and other gadgets not so good.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Wed May 30, 2012 1:42 am

my mom loves the computer, and is absolutely addicted to her xbox! LOL for holidays, i actually buy her batteries for her xbox remote! LOL once the cordless keyboard was not working either, and she flipped out for over an hour til i could go get to her lol
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Wed May 30, 2012 8:56 pm

Parents are gone but my elder brothers have never touched a keyboard. They have cells phones but restrict them to very basic use (as I do ~ I hate phones once I'm away from the job).
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu May 31, 2012 1:24 am

Oh, yeah. Dad is totally tech savvy. He can work that TV remote (a majority of the time) like nobody's business!

I had a good laugh this weekend. Jay and Dad were "missing" for about an hour this weekend. Boring story, but my son was hanging with some kids who were with us waiting for them to come back to start a camp fire. This 13 year old girl asked me if I knew my dad's cell number. I could not stop laughing. (Granted, I was a few drinks into my night). Just the thought of Dad with a cell...yeah, right.
    jennab85
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by jennab85 Thu May 31, 2012 5:06 pm

My parents are savvy about a lot of electronics. They both have iPads, laptops,DVD players, and they share an iPod. When it comes to cellphones, they like to keep things basic and they don't have smartphones.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:41 am

my mom cant use the most important piece of technology that she absolutely needs on a daily basis--- the GPS!!! my bro bought her one when she could not find the public library (in the town she has lived in for 40yrs).... she got there originally when she CHECKED out the books... but couldnt find her way back--- so she sent a check with a note "couldnt find you. here's $25 for the book".

I myself only have a flip phone, hate gadgets.. and i refuse to have a gps so my car can call me an idiot and tell me that IT knows where i am and how to get home, but I dont! lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:29 am