CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Why were Destiny’s Child were booed at the Sixers-Lakers game back in 2001?

HBK-79
    HBK-79
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

Question Why were Destiny’s Child were booed at the Sixers-Lakers game back in 2001?

Post by HBK-79 Wed May 30, 2012 5:27 pm

Hey guys. I’m a huge Beyonce fan. I didn’t mind Destiny’s Child back in the day. But I just think Beyonce’s solo stuff is much better.

I don’t mean to start on something that is over ten-years-old. However, as a Beyonce fan, I just want to bring about some form of closure for myself.

Back in 2001, Destiny’s Child performed for the halftime show during a Sixers-Lakers game in Philadelphia. And they got booed out of the building.

I just want to find out the real reasons as to why the crowd booed Destiny’s Child so loudly and mercilessly.

A lot people said it was because Kelly Rowland was wearing a Lakers jersey. But, the fact is that the crowd had started booing the group before they even made it to the stage. Plus, Michelle Williams was wearing a 76ers jersey to ingratiate herself with the Philly crowd. So there had to have been more major reasons.

On the day after the game, Bill Maher said something like “Destiny’s Child deserved to get booed because they suck and they’re a pre-packaged act for teenage girls to listen to”. I felt that Maher was out of line when he said that.

I felt so bad for Destiny’s Child on that night. I also felt bad when Ashlee Simpson got booed at the 2005 Orange Bowl.

Personally, I don’t think any pop performer deserves to get booed, regardless of whether or not the audience is a sports crowd.

I shudder to think that an audience would boo Taylor Swift, who is considered America’s Sweetheart.

So does anyone know the real reasons as to why Destiny’s Child were booed so harshly that night in 2001?

I find the entire incident strange, considering how talented Beyonce really is, and how well-respected Beyonce is today.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Question Re: Why were Destiny’s Child were booed at the Sixers-Lakers game back in 2001?

Post by Nystyle709 Wed May 30, 2012 10:56 pm

Cause they wack.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Question Re: Why were Destiny’s Child were booed at the Sixers-Lakers game back in 2001?

Post by wants2laugh Thu May 31, 2012 5:05 am

I live right outside of philly, and was watching that game. I can tell you that the booing was entirely due to her wearing a lakers jersey. They came to philly, and were promoting LA... it wont make sense to the rest of the world, but in philly--- "WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS" lol

This city is way crazy when it comes to sports... the football fans are the craziest you'll ever see, and when the phillies won the series, people were tearing down street lamps and turning over cars--- and they WON!

Truly for her to wear the jersey was like a jew waking into a mosque, not removing their shoes, and then interrupting the prayer service. No lie!

BTW... they were on the fan a vision, so the crowd say them before approaching the center--- so that is why the booing started right away

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:32 am