CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Alan Smithee
Supernova
Suzi
Forgiveness Man
Tony Marino
9 posters

Are we beginning to hate our own?

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Are we beginning to hate our own? Empty Are we beginning to hate our own?

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:28 am

We have built up a lot of hate/spite - towards each another. We accidently bump into someone and rarely say excuse me. As we're driving we speed up so that the person in the other lane can't get over, we bad mouth our neighbors for the sake of revenge, etc. Why?

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Are we beginning to hate our own? Empty Re: Are we beginning to hate our own?

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:32 am

I don't really do any of that. Might get frustrated but I am not going around looking to make people upset. lol
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:34 am

Thankfully Canadians are still very polite for the most part.The biggest problem with that is they also rarely complain about something when they should. We also rarely sue for any reason, however I grew up in the US so I do complain and I would sue!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:00 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:I don't really do any of that. Might get frustrated but I am not going around looking to make people upset. lol

Agreed, if anything I go out of my way to be nice to people whether they deserve it or not.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Supernova wrote:

Agreed, if anything I go out of my way to be nice to people whether they deserve it or not.
    Same. It's probably counter-productive anyway. Some people I come into contact with could probably use a little more of cranky FM. Wink
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:32 pm

Tony Marino wrote:We have built up a lot of hate/spite - towards each another. We accidently bump into someone and rarely say excuse me. As we're driving we speed up so that the person in the other lane can't get over, we bad mouth our neighbors for the sake of revenge, etc. Why?

Tony, I think much (not all) of it has to do with our population density. Humans are about the only species that will voluntarily cram themselves into such close quarters.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:00 pm

So many reasons. Pick one.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:01 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

Tony, I think much (not all) of it has to do with our population density. Humans are about the only species that will voluntarily cram themselves into such close quarters.

I can get with this. Personally, I could never live anywhere that was cramped. I value space. I need space.
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 18

Post by Minerva Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:18 pm

Amen to that 1000 times
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:10 am

The last few comments make me laugh, because it reminds me of some friends in England who have told me that the English basically don't like each other at all! And London in particular is one helluva crowded place!
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:02 am

well... i dont bother trying to out race drivers--- I KNOW i can.. so there is no point.. let them pass! big grin

as far as treating people nicely, I try to do that. I think i am a nice person... and my co-workers, with whom i spend most of my time, are very courteous of each other.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:12 pm