CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Nystyle709
Shale
Hyacinth Girl
wants2laugh
RedBedroom
9 posters

If you are feeling your age, what makes you feel your age?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

If you are feeling your age, what makes you feel your age? Empty If you are feeling your age, what makes you feel your age?

Post by RedBedroom Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:49 am

A decade ago, I still liked to go out a lot. Today, I am so not the type to hit the clubs or bars. I go out with my neighbor when she begs me.

I just looked at the clock and noticed it was an hour and a half till bar time here. I could beat boredom and go shoot some pool, but it is just too much of a bother to put on make up!

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

If you are feeling your age, what makes you feel your age? Empty Re: If you are feeling your age, what makes you feel your age?

Post by wants2laugh Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:05 am

LOL>.. i was never a club/bar person. When i was 21, i was at a club dancing with a friend and a drunk puked down my back and over my shoulder. That was it... never went back.. wasnt fun for me LOL

its true that i dont enjoy the same things... i used to love to travel, would go somewhere every 3months... then i would scrapbook the pics. i had the chance to go to aruba in october and i decided not to. if i really wanted to go, i would have.

now the things that make me feel old are my sore feet from work... and an occasional knee pain. sad
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

If you are feeling your age, what makes you feel your age? Empty Re: If you are feeling your age, what makes you feel your age?

Post by Hyacinth Girl Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:09 am

The older I get, the bigger my lawn feels each time I have to mow the grass. Can't wait to downsize someday!
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:44 am

The little pains that come and go - mostly arthritic. The fact that it is harder to do the physical things I once did without much effort.

Seeing my wrinkled skin or those red blotches caused by the slightest scrape (sometimes I see them and didn't even know how they got there).

Lack of interest in some activism I once engaged. I used to write letters to elected officials and Op-ed pages of the papers (have over 200 that were published between 1980-2000) but don't do that any more.

Most of my writing anymore is piddled away on forum boards like this.
    blank stare @ you
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:27 pm

I feel the same way I did 10 years ago, only have a few more responsibilities. It ain't like I'm old anyway.
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 18

Post by Minerva Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:05 pm

If you are feeling your age, what makes you feel your age?

Getting older.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:19 pm

Aches and pains that I didn't have 15-20 years ago.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:23 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:I feel the same way I did 10 years ago, only have a few more responsibilities. It ain't like I'm old anyway.

co-signs

I must admit, I do feel someway though when I go out, the 21-22 year olds lookin real young.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:53 pm

Eh I still do ok. Occasional aches & pains. Can still manage on 4-5 hours of sleep but usually sleep in on weekends. Need to get my ass back to lifting again.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:00 am

CeCe wrote:Eh I still do ok. Occasional aches & pains. Can still manage on 4-5 hours of sleep but usually sleep in on weekends. Need to get my ass back to lifting again.

How much can you bench press? Wink
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:08 am

Alan Smithee wrote:

How much can you bench press? Wink

I could easily match my own body weight and then some. Always went for tone rather than bulk. Bet I couldn't hit the triceps with a damn 10 lb dumbbell right now. Been a LONG time. The bright side is once you've done it you bounce back sooner than if you never did. Just a matter of getting my lazy procrastinating ass back to it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:25 am