CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
wants2laugh
Nystyle709
CeCe
Cheaps
RedBedroom
9 posters

Do you always go to the same gas station?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Do you always go to the same gas station? Empty Do you always go to the same gas station?

Post by RedBedroom Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:20 am

I hear a lot of people say it is best for the vehicle to always fuel up at the same place. I don't think it's true, but I don't know much about engines.

I usually go to the same place just because we have a gas station right over here.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Do you always go to the same gas station? Empty Re: Do you always go to the same gas station?

Post by Cheaps Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:24 am

No, I go to several different places.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Do you always go to the same gas station? Empty Re: Do you always go to the same gas station?

Post by CeCe Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:26 am

Cheaps wrote:No, I go to several different places.

co-signs
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:35 am

There is one that I frequent a lot, but I'm liable to go anywhere.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:24 am

i usually go to the same one.

Red, the reason for that is the possible mixing of gasoline in the tank. I dont know if it is still true for the "newer" cars (like the last 15-20yrs) that have fuel injection. When it came to carborators which were replaced by fuel injection, the different gases could cause problems. engines work with air/gas missing or something like that... and mixing the gases changes the consistency or something. Plus different brands/octanes have different levels of possible sediments and flow rate.

but keep in mind, my family owned a body shop.. so this is stuff im just throughing out there... im not a mechanic.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:10 am

I usually go to the same one because I drive right passed it and it's got a fairly low price that's the same for cash or credit.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:38 pm

This is a small town, so yes we go to the same station 99% of the time. They give us back 3.5¢ on the liter. They used to give us 5¢ then it fell to 4¢ now 3.5, they are the only station in town that does it. Mind you we can only spend the bonus bucks in their store but we shop there anyway. When gas is $1.34 per liter you will save as much as possible.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:33 pm

Suzi wrote:This is a small town, so yes we go to the same station 99% of the time. They give us back 3.5¢ on the liter. They used to give us 5¢ then it fell to 4¢ now 3.5, they are the only station in town that does it. Mind you we can only spend the bonus bucks in their store but we shop there anyway. When gas is $1.34 per liter you will save as much as possible.

I wish there was something like that in NYC. When I went to Pittsburgh, they have that same program at this store called Giant Eagle. It's a grocery store...spend a few bucks, get points, then go to the gas station and redeem them. Since my brother doesn't have a car, he saved up quite a bit of points that he let me use to buy gas. I wound up paying like $2.50 for a gallon of gas.
    zthatzmanz28
    zthatzmanz28
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 13

Post by zthatzmanz28 Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:09 pm

I do not live close enough to go the any one station all the time. The cheapest station is 18 miles from the house (20 cents cheaper). The closer stations 8-10 miles, are generally the highest in price in this Podunk town.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:08 pm

Usually yes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:38 pm