CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
CeCe
Shale
Forgiveness Man
Tony Marino
8 posters

The Obvious

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

The Obvious Empty The Obvious

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:28 am

Why people have to be judgemental of others? Why are they racist/sexist/homophobic discriminate in any way? It can't be self esteem so what is it? Why are so many xenophobes?

Last edited by Tony Marino on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

The Obvious Empty Re: The Obvious

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:41 am

I find that the most judgment of others comes from those saying that we shouldn't be judgmental. It's the perpetual irony that many who preach tolerance the loudest tend to judge others the harshest.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:52 am

Just ignorance & stupidity, plain & simple.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:16 pm

I think it CAN be self esteem. Some people have a need to feel like they are better than others which is a sign of insecurity. Some of them want to think they are important or have some kind of power. Some just hate. That & what Shale said.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:18 pm

I think that goes back to Early Man. If I could prove it I'd be willing to bet that such behaviors existed between Neanderthal and Humans.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:30 pm

CeCe wrote:I think it CAN be self esteem. Some people have a need to feel like they are better than others which is a sign of insecurity. Some of them want to think they are important or have some kind of power. Some just hate. That & what Shale said.

Good analyses CeCe.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:29 pm

I admit, I have never fully understood the link between discrimination and low self-esteem. I seriously doubt low self-esteem is to blame as often as many people think it is.

I think it all has to do with how self-centered people are. People think their way is the only way. It's everything from sexual preference to parenting.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:38 pm

It's in our nature to judge.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:52 am

I think it has to do with a fear of the unknown and lack of understanding of each other. Today we live in a small world due to the internet, and more and more people are learning from each other. Years ago when communication was not as readily available, and people stayed "with like kind", i do not think they understood each other. In Philly, my family lived in the "italian section" and the "german section"...these lines were not crossed. My italian grandmother was terrified of gypsies, but couldnt tell me why.

I work in a building where racial, sexual, and even religious issues are openly discussed. In a building of 1500, I can honestly state that i have only met about 4 racist a$$holes. Two were white and two were black... but racists all the same. I do not think that we openly discuss things enough. The women in our building talk about how white women get curly perms, and black women get straight perms. We talk about how some black men really like hairy legs. We talk about how soul food creates physical problems such as thyroid problems.... we talk about skin differences with soaps/lotions that need to specifically do things for the different colors... we talk about how the asian women's hair is more course and never wants to curl--- and then we find ways to fix any problems the others have. We talk about how a woman could be married and have children, then decide to start dating women. I even had a supervisor "Bob" who became "Vicki" and asked me for my ob/gyn to make an appt--- then when i asked her why she would need a pap smear when she did not have a real cervix, she explained the whole procedure to me, and that her cells could change. In none of these discussions does anyone get offended, or accusatory, it is just people (almost like a family) who talk about things.

But u have to remember, i live in an area where they think that Rocky was a real person who really lived here! LOL

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 3:22 am