CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Nystyle709
Shale
Bluesmama
Alan Smithee
Chris
9 posters

Would you take medication that prolonged death?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Would you take medication that prolonged death? Empty Would you take medication that prolonged death?

Post by Chris Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:24 pm

Would you ever take medication specifically designed to extend your natural life expectancy by thirty years. Yes, that would mean living to be one hundred and thirty, if nature originally intended you to die at around one hundred?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Would you take medication that prolonged death? Empty Re: Would you take medication that prolonged death?

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:31 pm

"Would you take medication that prolonged death?" Oh I think that should be mandatory to prevent the zombie apocalypse! big grin
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Would you take medication that prolonged death? Empty Re: Would you take medication that prolonged death?

Post by Bluesmama Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:57 pm

No.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:16 pm

I would change the wording that I would take a medicine (if there was one and was affordable) that would extend life.

I thot the title was referring to those meds that don't really improve life but prolong or prevent imminent death (prolonging) in someone whose prognosis was to die.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:15 pm

I dunno. Depends on if there weren't any negative side effects and I would still have my sane mind.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:57 am

nah... that old and i could not work.. on a fixed income with inflation sky rocketing.. plus i would not be able to get around, etc...

I accept my mortality, which is why im gonna live til i die! LOL
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:41 am

That would depend on how much pain was involved. Most people who are in a lot of pain seem to welcome death. Except my aunt who's last words to me was "It isn't fair", who would her cancer have been fair for?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:41 am

No I am going to let life take its course and die when I am supposed to.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:19 pm

The longest lifespan of any person in recorded history was Jeanne Calment of France. She was born 21st February 1875 and died 4th August 1997. (Age: 122 years 164 days). Shigechiyo Izumi of Japan was the oldest known living man, born 29th June 1865 and died 21st February 1986 (Age: 120 years 237 days). These are the only two known people who have ever lived past 120 years, and only 3 other known people have ever made it past 117 years old.

Japan has the highest average life expectancy of any nation (82 years) while the United States, which is 38th on the list is about 78 years. The average life expectancy of Russia is 70 years and they are 112th on the list of countries by life expectancy.

Not sure how much stock you guys want to put into this, but the bible says that people will only live to 120 years old and that the average age of humans will be between 70 and 80. Whether you believe this or not, the age of humans throughout recorded history has been pretty consistent with this. Coincidence?

Genesis 6:3
    Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not put up with humans for such a long time, for they are only mortal flesh. In the future, their normal lifespan will be no more than 120 years.”

Pslam 90:10
    Seventy years are given to us! Some even live to eighty. But even the best years are filled with pain and trouble; soon they disappear, and we fly away.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:34 pm

Thanx for that info.

BTW, the Japanese figures are skewed. A scandal was recently discovered that families were lying about old relatives still living who had died - which accounted for those high numbers reported living past a century.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 30, 2024 10:33 pm