CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
Chris
Tony Marino
Forgiveness Man
CeCe
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
Suzi
Supernova
Marc™
13 posters

Jerry Sandusky

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

News Jerry Sandusky

Post by Marc™ Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:47 am

Jerry Sandusky Jerry-Sandusky-mugshot

What are your thoughts on this dude? Think he's going to jail?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

News Re: Jerry Sandusky

Post by Supernova Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:50 am

Just to clarify is this the prick that admitted to showering with young boys? I say break out the hot tar and chicken feathers.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:02 am

I don't think 8 young men lied. So I suspect he is going to end up in prison.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:03 am

I heard on the news today that the defense is arguing that the accusers were coached by authorities on what to say.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:49 am

Suzi wrote:I don't think 8 young men lied. So I suspect he is going to end up in prison.
    co-signs Pretty much. I'm not in the courtroom but I think he's going to prison.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:11 am

He prob is going to prison. Don't care though.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:46 am

Just the things that have been reported which appear to have credibility, this POS should go to prison (a REAL one) for the rest of his sorry low life. I can't even follow the story because of the things I've heard. It looks like the beloved Joe Paterno & Penn State either engaged in a huge cover up or at the very least looked the other way. It's disgusting.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:32 am

You mean married men molest boys too? :O No way!

Anyway, the guy deserves jail. He'll probably get it given the media attention this has gotten. (And boy, the media loves to tell us what he did. I'm waiting for them to read the transcripts.)

Last edited by Forgiveness Man on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:58 am

I suppose. I find it odd these guys come forward years later. How can they prove it? Isn't it his word against theirs?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:16 pm

Tony Marino wrote:I suppose. I find it odd these guys come forward years later. How can they prove it? Isn't it his word against theirs?

What's going around Tony is that there's been a massive cover up through the years. Gotta wait for all the evidence to come out but it appears the sacred football program had priority over these kids.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:11 pm

Absolutely. From the details I've heard, it really seems like the defense doesn't have a pot to piss in. There are too many counts against him, and too much damning evidence. When the smoke clears, I predict he'll be in prison for the rest of his life.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:17 pm

Yep, it's not just Catholic priests anymore.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:50 pm

Chris wrote:Absolutely. From the details I've heard, it really seems like the defense doesn't have a pot to piss in. There are too many counts against him, and too much damning evidence. When the smoke clears, I predict he'll be in prison for the rest of his life.

Well said, Chris. It does seem there is no defending this damning evidence. At least I hope not.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Suzi Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:44 am

Today his adopted son says his father molested him.

Bellefonte, Pennsylvania (CNN) -- Matt Sandusky, one of six adopted children of Jerry Sandusky, said through his attorney Thursday that he was sexually abused by the former Penn State assistant football coach, adding that he had been prepared to testify against him in a high-profile child rape case.

The revelation came on the same day a Pennsylvania jury began deliberating the fate of Jerry Sandusky, who is confronted with accusations of child sexual abuse involving 10 alleged victims.

Jurors deliberated until about 9:30 p.m. Thursday. They will reconvene Friday morning and review testimony from two witnesses.

Matt Sandusky's accusation could lead to additional charges, including incest, even though he is adopted, according to Marci Hamilton, a Cardozo Law School professor who has represented victims and written on sexual abuse cases.

"At Matt's request, we immediately arranged a meeting between him and the prosecutors and investigators," attorneys Andrew Shubin and Justine Andronici said in a statement. "This has been an extremely painful experience for Matt, and he has asked us to convey his request that the media respect his privacy."
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:26 am

what is disgusting is that soooo many people saw or heard "something". One person saw him licking a boy's private, one janitor head the boy's body slapping against the bathroom stall as he was getting raped... even the mother of one of the boys said, "i didn't want to know what was going on"... she noticed her son's underwear was disappearing.. but she did not want to hear the answers to her questions so she ignored it. Prosecute HER for failure to protect her child! people suck.

now sandusky's adopted son is saying he was abused too... I say fry him. freakin pervert!
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:54 am

When was all of this going on again? All of these people knew and NOBODY did a DAMN thing? Even if they didn't want to turn him in, you think somebody would at least go up to the guy and say to stop messing with the kids or he'd find himself minus one appendage. Are none of us decent anymore?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:11 am

It is crazy to think all of this went under the radar for so long. It is so scary what people in power are capable of.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:32 am

RedBedroom wrote:It is crazy to think all of this went under the radar for so long. It is so scary what people in power are capable of.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke, 18th Century)
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Suzi Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:05 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:When was all of this going on again? All of these people knew and NOBODY did a DAMN thing? Even if they didn't want to turn him in, you think somebody would at least go up to the guy and say to stop messing with the kids or he'd find himself minus one appendage. Are none of us decent anymore?
    I don't give a damn who he is(was) If my child had been molested he wouldn't just have found himself without the appendage, he would have been dead! What on earth is wrong with people, did football mean so much to them that they literally ignored the damage he was doing to countless children?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:13 pm

Suzi wrote:
    I don't give a damn who he is(was) If my child had been molested he wouldn't just have found himself without the appendage, he would have been dead! What on earth is wrong with people, did football mean so much to them that they literally ignored the damage he was doing to countless children?

Suzi I honestly believe it did & it pisses me off that the damn football program & not tarnishing the era of the great "Papa Joe" was more important to them than protecting these children from a predator.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:43 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:When was all of this going on again? All of these people knew and NOBODY did a DAMN thing? Even if they didn't want to turn him in, you think somebody would at least go up to the guy and say to stop messing with the kids or he'd find himself minus one appendage. Are none of us decent anymore?
    I don't think it's a simple as that. Its really hard to just go up to someone and accuse them of such a heinous act without any actual evidence. I think that some people may have SUSPECTED that he was up to no good, but realistically HOW do you confront someone about it? I mean, you could be wrong after all, so what do you do in that case? You can't just call the police on a guy because your kid has missing underwear, or because heard a slapping sound coming from the boys shower room. Sure, if you are an eyewitness and you actually see Sandusky in the process of raping a boy in the shower, then yeah you should stop it/report it immediately. But if all you have are suspicions to go off of, its kind of difficult to just make such an accusation, especially when none of the boys comes forward and directly accuses him of raping them.

I will say however that if I was walking through the boys locker room and just happen to see a grown ass man who is a faculty member SHOWERING with the boys, that's going to raise some serious alarm bells and I would report it to my superiors immediately. Even though there is nothing necessarily illegal about that, it begs the question of what he his intentions were. At the very least, they should have investigated that and ordered him not to do that anymore. From the sounds of things, they did nothing and just allowed it to continue, which ultimately led to him "allegedly" raping boys in the shower.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:05 pm

They've reached a verdict. Looks like they're trying to cloak it in secrecy. Apparently the media has been warned.

More from David Lohr in Bellefonte:

We won't be able to get the word out quick. The judge issues a memorandum in which no media outlet is allowed to announce the verdict. Any journalist who breaks that rules is going to be subject to sanctions. We aren't sure what those sanctions are.

http://huff.to/PLyqAC
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:13 pm

Via NY Times

Sandusky Convicted of Sexually Abusing Boys

BELLEFONTE, Penn. — Jerry Sandusky, the former Penn State assistant football coach, was convicted Friday of sexually abusing nine young boys, completing the downfall of a onetime local hero in a pedophilia scandal that seized national attention.

The jury in Centre County Court returned its verdict on its second day of deliberation. He was convicted of 45 of the 48 counts against him.

The charges against Sandusky, 68, shook Penn State to its roots last year, ending the careers of Joe Paterno, the university’s famed head coach, and its longtime president Graham B. Spanier, and prompting debate and soul-searching over the role of big-time college sports and of trusted men in children’s lives.

Sandusky, who had been Paterno’s longtime defensive coordinator, founded a charity, the Second Mile, to work with troubled youths, which prosecutors said he used as his private hunting ground, scouting for potential victims. What no one disputed was that he was continually in the company of one or more of those boys, taking them to workouts and football games, giving them gifts, having them sleep at his home and even showering with them.

Eight men who said they had been victimized by Sandusky as boys testified during the trial, offering graphic and disturbing accounts of repeated assaults by Sandusky — on the Penn State campus or in the basement of Sandusky’s home.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/22/sports/ncaafootball/jerry-sandusky-convicted-of-sexually-abusing-boys.html?_r=1
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:17 pm

Amen.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:17 pm

Cue the black cats singing 'We find the defendant guilty, he's guilty, he's guilty G-U-I-L-T-Y, guilty guilty guilty, HURRAY!' cheers (rah) cool dance yay

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:24 am