CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Shale
Alan Smithee
RedBedroom
7 posters

Damn bears

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Rant Damn bears

Post by RedBedroom Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:54 pm

So, my disdain for bears grew this weekend. I was rididng my bike on the track and stalled. Then I saw a "huge" bear paw print. This photo was taken just feet from where we sleep in the camper at my parents' house. I say "huge" because I was telling people about it in the local bar and they all wanted to see the "huge" bear paw print. Well, as it turns out, this is not so huge according to everyone but me. So, I was mocked for being fearful of this size bear. I could give a shit what size a friggin' bear is.

A bear is a bear, is a bear, in my book. But, I kid you not, I took this photo and it is just feet from where we sleep.

Damn bears Img_1211
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Rant Re: Damn bears

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:06 pm

LOL, for a split second I'm wondering how the hell a bicycle stalls LMAO! . We were at one of my wife's cousins in PA yesterday for a cookout. They have a lot of property in "the country" and at some point some yells that there's a bear just in the woods at the far end of the field. So a bunch of these lunatics decide to run down there and have a look. "Oh don't worry, they're afraid of people." You better fucking hope so! Best believe me and mine stayed put.
    But, I kid you not, I took this photo and it is just feet from where we sleep.
    Oh, I believe you. I just saw a show called “Glacier Park’s Night of the Grizzlies" about some bear fatal bear attacks in 1967. Carried off one poor woman right out of her sleeping bag. Well...pleasant dreams Red! Wink
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:19 pm

Oh, Al, I know. I will not be sitting around there alone anymore. I actually was riding my bike (with a motor!) in the woods just before dark last night and my fear of bears greatly increased my ability to ride fast! Jay said, "I never saw you do a lap that fast." I purposely did it because I knew I would ride faster and more careful to keep my line per my fear of bears. So, I wanted to see if that would increase my lap times.

After all the hoopla over everyone mocking me I just know some day I will be face-to-face with a bear. But I will be on my bike and hopefully able to get away. Or if I am on foot, I will be paralyzed with fear, and he can just eat me. So, if I stop posting, please know it is bear-related!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:42 pm

RedBedroom wrote: So, if I stop posting, please know it is bear-related!

Shut your mouth! sad big hugz
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:46 pm

RedBedroom wrote:... Or if I am on foot, I will be paralyzed with fear, and he can just eat me. So, if I stop posting, please know it is bear-related!

Maybe you need to carry bear repellent.
    Damn bears RugerBlackhawk44magnum

I had one of these. They work on bears, but they do have a kick. Actually, someone your size it would probably provide a quick getaway.

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:50 pm

Shale, my friend Mary, who lives there, loves to walk and ride her bicycle. She does carry a gun. I don't know what kind, though. I can't carry a gun, so for now, I will only walk on the land after we have been riding for a long time. I like to think the sound of the dirt bikes scare them away.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:34 pm

What is it with bears on the loose lately? You don't want to be paranoid but you definitely need to be aware of your surroundings. Not sure about running. Some animals take that as a challenge so just be careful.

And if they laughed at me I'd tell them to kiss my ass in a colorful way. If that bear is small it might be an indication there's a much bigger mama around.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:27 am

RedBedroom wrote:Shale, my friend Mary, who lives there, loves to walk and ride her bicycle. She does carry a gun. I don't know what kind, though. ...

If she carries a pistol it might not work on bears unless you can get a good head shot. The one I posted is a .44 magnum - basically a rifle round in a pistol (that is why the kick is really ruf - you need two hands to hold it). It is a side arm for big game hunters.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:14 am

Your best bet failing to have a large caliber gun is to make a lot of noise. Bears will normally run from noise.

Last edited by Suzi on Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:46 pm

Pretty Scary Red.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:52 pm

Shale wrote:

(that is why the kick is really ruf - you need two hands to hold it

Wuss
    Damn bears 300px-Harry_Callahan
    Wink
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:00 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
    Wuss
    Damn bears 300px-Harry_Callahan
    Wink

Nah, Dirty Harry had a .357 magnum, not nearly the kick of a .44 magnum. It really is a handheld cannon.

I took mine out to the oil rig where I was working and the other ruffnecks fired it. One little guy got knocked on his ass because he held the gun securely but wasn't standing right.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:07 pm

Shale wrote:

Nah, Dirty Harry had a .357 magnum, not nearly the kick of a .44 magnum. It really is a handheld cannon.

I took mine out to the oil rig where I was working and the other ruffnecks fired it. One little guy got knocked on his ass because he held the gun securely but wasn't standing right.

Oh no sir!

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

One of the most famous quotes in movie history.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:12 pm

Oh, I never really paid attention. blushing

Maybe his movie prop .44 Magnum was easier to handle than my Ruger .44 Magnum.
    big grin
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:21 pm

Oh no, he was firing live rounds! Five extras were killed during filming but they kept it quite.

big grin
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:43 pm

LMAO! You guys are nuts... but sudden impact had some of the best lines!!! Smile

Red--- that print could have been from ANY animal, including bigfoot and I would be scared. We have had 2 bears in populated areas recently, and they locked down the local school. i grew up in the woods and wouldn't know what to do if i saw a bear... luckily i never did

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 8:08 am