CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Supernova
Alan Smithee
6 posters

Couple arrested for appalling crime of dancing in public

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Couple arrested for appalling crime of dancing in public Empty Couple arrested for appalling crime of dancing in public

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:00 pm

I heard about this on the radio this morning. The only thing I can add is that the only ID the woman had on her was a credit card (with her picture on it). That story didn't say anything about the man being tackled. I guess they do look a little like Bonnie and Clyde blank stare @ you Couple arrested for appalling crime of dancing in public 6A956D86F275EE77579AFCB4A57A
    What's more offensive than drinking sugary soda in NYC? Dancing gleefully while you wait for a train. One couple learned the hard way how little tolerance the city has for public displays of joy after being arrested for boogying on a subway platform. According to Caroline Stern and George Hess, they were returning from a swing dancing event when a street musician began banging on steel drums. They danced until cops appeared and said they couldn't do that. Hess got out his camera, and that's when police allegedly tackled him to the ground and arrested them both. They've now filed a lawsuit against the city. "When you're waiting for the subway late at night, there's not much to do but dance and celebrate life," Stern said.

http://now.msn.com/living/0708-dancing-couple-arrested.aspx
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Couple arrested for appalling crime of dancing in public Empty Re: Couple arrested for appalling crime of dancing in public

Post by Supernova Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:03 pm

Didn't we see this movie twice, it's called Footloose?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Couple arrested for appalling crime of dancing in public Empty Re: Couple arrested for appalling crime of dancing in public

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:05 pm

No, I think the movie you're thinking of had Nazis in it. Charges were dropped but these people were held for 23 hours.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:09 pm

I thot this was gonna be about one of those fucked up Muslim countries or Alabama.

NYC!!??

I'd really like to know what the charges were for the arrest. You can't just put "whim of officer" on an arrest report.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:17 pm

I believe the charge was something like, "Impeding the flow of traffic."
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:18 pm

At least it's refreshing that they's white Shrugs (Oh well…)
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:23 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:I believe the charge was something like, "Impeding the flow of traffic."

OH, like the bag ladies and other crazies that live in the subway.

Alan Smithee wrote:At least it's refreshing that they's white Shrugs (Oh well…)

I always fear that I will be arrested just to weight the stats and prove that pigs don't racially profile.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:24 pm

I am sure there is more to the story than the sensationalized headlines. "Dancing is a crime" turns a lot of heads.

My guess is the couple were being jerks or uncooperative.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:28 pm

RedBedroom wrote:I am sure there is more to the story than the sensationalized headlines. "Dancing is a crime" turns a lot of heads.

My guess is the couple were being jerks or uncooperative.

Yeah, the man pulled a camera on the cops.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:33 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

Yeah, the man pulled a camera on the cops.

So, I am guessing you are being sarcastic. But really, I could see how that could be done in a very rude way. Like if the guy was saying something about how he was recording it to put it online. Combine that with them possibly being drunk and uncooperative, it could be a disruption.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:03 pm

RedBedroom wrote:

So, I am guessing you are being sarcastic.
    Only a little. The cops allegedley escalated the situation when...
    Mr Hess pulled out a camera to start recording the incident, the officers called for backup and the situation turned nasty, the couple says.

As far as I know, there was no legal requirement for either of them to show "their papers" so detaining them because Dr. Stern only had a credit card on her wasn't sufficient cause.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:03 pm

LOL!!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Couple arrested for appalling crime of dancing in public Empty Couple Arrested For Asking For Directions

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:09 pm

Baltimore City police arrested a Virginia couple over the weekend after they asked an officer for directions.

WBAL-TV 11 News I-Team reporter David Collins said Joshua Kelly and Llara Brook, of Chantilly, Va., got lost leaving an Orioles game on Saturday. Collins reported a city officer arrested them for trespassing on a public street while they were asking for directions .

"In jail for eight hours -- sleeping on a concrete floor next to a toilet," Kelly said.

"It was a nightmare," Brook said. "I was in there thinking I was just dreaming and waiting to wake up."

Collins reported it was a nightmare ending to a nearly perfect day. He said the couple went to a company picnic and watched the Orioles beat Kansas City. It was their first trip to Camden Yards and asked two people for directions to Interstate 95 South when they left.

Collins said somehow they ended up in the Cherry Hill section of south Baltimore. Hopelessly lost, relief melted away concerns after they spotted a police vehicle.

"I said, 'Thank goodness, could you please get us to 95?" Kelly said.

"The first thing that she said to us was no -- you just ran that stop sign, pull over," Brook said. "It wasn't a big deal. We'll pay the stop sign violation, but can we have directions?"

"What she said was 'You found your own way in here, you can find your own way out.'" Kelly said.

Collins said the couple spotted another police vehicle and flagged that officer down for directions. But Officer Natalie Preston, a six-year veteran of the force, intervened.

"That really threw us for a loop when she stepped in between our cars," Kelly said. "(She) said my partner is not going to step in front of me and tell you directions if I'm not."

Collins reported the circumstances got worse. Kelly pulled 40 feet forward parking next to a curb and put his flashers on while Brook was on the phone to her father hoping he could help her with directions. Both her parents are police officers in the Harrisburg, Pa., area.

"(Brook's father) was in the middle of giving us directions when the officer screeched up behind us and got out of the car and asked me to step out. I obeyed," Kelly said. "I obeyed everything -- stepped out of the car, put my hands behind my back, and the next thing I know, I was getting arrested for trespassing."

"By this time, I was completely in tears," Brook said. "I said, 'Ma'am, you know, we just need your help. We are not trying to cause you any trouble. I'm not leaving him here.' What she did was walk over to my side of the car and said, 'Ok, we are taking you downtown, too.'"

Collins said the couple was released from jail without being charged with anything. Brook is now concerned the arrest may complicate a criminal background check she's going through in her job as a child care worker.

Collins said police left Kelly's car unlocked and the windows down at the impound lot. He reported a cell phone charger, pair of sunglasses and 20 CDs were stolen.

Baltimore City police said they are looking into the incident.

http://www.wbaltv.com/Couple-Arrested-For-Asking-For-Directions/-/9380084/8883238/-/item/0/-/txcv2v/-/index.html
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:55 pm

I am sure there is more to the story than the sensationalized headlines. My guess is the couple were being jerks or uncooperative.

The police are there to "Protect and to Serve."

Far be it for me to call any gun toting bitch a pig.

yeah right

Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:03 am

Interesting.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:36 pm

It could have been worse for the couple in NY. They could have been holding sodas over 16 oz speechless
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:44 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:It could have been worse for the couple in NY. They could have been holding sodas over 16 oz Couple arrested for appalling crime of dancing in public 702506

Even worse, they could've been buying said soda with an EBT card.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:38 am