CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Alan Smithee
Shale
Chris
7 posters

Have you ever done major home repairs yourself?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Have you ever done major home repairs yourself? Empty Have you ever done major home repairs yourself?

Post by Chris Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:37 am

Have you ever repaired or renovated something in your home without the help of hired professionals?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Have you ever done major home repairs yourself? Empty Re: Have you ever done major home repairs yourself?

Post by Shale Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:04 pm

Not really, but I did build a home in the woods in 1970. One room frame and insulation board cabin with tin roof and salvaged windows. Used pine poles and some hickory planking from a lumbar yard (a bitch to get a nail thru). It was a comfy place to hang out with nature with no plumbing or electricity.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Have you ever done major home repairs yourself? Empty Re: Have you ever done major home repairs yourself?

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:06 pm

I've helped friends with projects at their homes. Drywalling, building decks, kitchen remodels and such.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:01 pm

I've helped Hubby as he redid the last place we lived in. He did all the work himself with either me or our son as helpers. 2 new bathrooms totally redone, every room was redone wood panel was replaced with gyp rock, painted , The kitchen got a major overhaul. He at one point actually came upstairs and took an ax to one wall, he said "I've been dreading this job, so now I have to do it" it turned out beautifully too. Here in this house we simply changed the toilets to the taller handicapped toilets. He has always done the work himself because we couldn't afford to hire someone.We did have to hire the people who put in our air conditioner/heat pump in this house. He also has built many shelves here. Our cat kept getting stuck behind the washer and dryer, so he built a shelf so she couldn't go there again. Turned out perfect as now we wouldn't know what to do in the small laundry area without it. Other shelves and half shelves increased storage space especially in the pantry area.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:44 pm

LOL.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:11 pm

No anything I had to have done needed professionals.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:55 pm

Have you ever done major home repairs yourself? Ti-laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:47 am