CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Shale
Alan Smithee
Supernova
7 posters

California school district sued over abstinence-only sex ed

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

California school district sued over abstinence-only sex ed Empty California school district sued over abstinence-only sex ed

Post by Supernova Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:34 pm

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/23/13419339-california-school-district-sued-over-abstinence-only-sex-ed?lite

Am I the only one who's seeing the answer in the question? The parents have the time to make such a big fuss about this, and they are clearly not embarrassed to say their kids need sex education, so TEACH YOUR DAMN KIDS YOUR OWN SELF, especially these mothers who are registered nurses, what are you waiting around on the public school system to tell your kids what YOU can tell them long before now and KNOW they're getting the facts then?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

California school district sued over abstinence-only sex ed Empty Re: California school district sued over abstinence-only sex ed

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:43 pm

Well first of all, I don't think these women are suing because they think their kids aren't being educated about the facts of life. Given their background I would expect them to give their own kids the facts. I think their concern is for everyone else's kids. But let's play this through. If all students in this current generation are taught is abstinence only, how will they be able to teach their own damn kids anything else themselves?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

California school district sued over abstinence-only sex ed Empty Re: California school district sued over abstinence-only sex ed

Post by Shale Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:48 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:...But let's play this through. If all students in this current generation are taught is abstinence only, how will they be able to teach their own damn kids anything else themselves?

Isn't that the Pope's evil plan?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:58 pm

Supernova wrote:http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/23/13419339-california-school-district-sued-over-abstinence-only-sex-ed?lite

Am I the only one who's seeing the answer in the question? The parents have the time to make such a big fuss about this, and they are clearly not embarrassed to say their kids need sex education, so TEACH YOUR DAMN KIDS YOUR OWN SELF, especially these mothers who are registered nurses, what are you waiting around on the public school system to tell your kids what YOU can tell them long before now and KNOW they're getting the facts then?
    Shhhhhh! Don't let them catch you catching them in lazy parenting. lol
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:08 am

California school district sued over abstinence-only sex ed Tumblr_m4va4tHlR71r3zat8
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:42 am

Shale wrote:

Isn't that the Pope's evil plan?

Oh if only we had some means that would prevent that. I don't know...some kind of constitutional safe guard thinking
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:59 am

Um......yeah o.k.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:52 am

My mom gave me a book at 9yrs old called "what's happening to my body" -- it discussed everything. She also made it very clear that I shouldn't ask her questions. Good thing she picked a great book.

Abstinence is fine... but you still must TEACH about change, puberty, hormones. So many boys felt like rejects cause they didn't understand why they were getting erections at the worst times. when teaching sex, it does not come across as sexual--- i know that sounds strange. I remember when they showed up the "miracle of life" video in 7th grade--- girls were gagging. LOL
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:50 pm

My mom gave me a little red book written by a doctor when I was in my teens and she probably noticed my stiff socks and that stiff spot on my pillowcase. (Teens are so clueless that anyone might notice things they leave behind)

It had all the standard info on the mechanix of sex and a little of the social implication by '50s standards. So, that was my sex ed. It was not given in the schools except coach going over VD in gym class.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:01 pm

wants2laugh wrote:. I remember when they showed up the "miracle of life" video in 7th grade

Ha Ha I saw that in Junior High too and that was in the late 70's and it was pretty precise.

I don't know what's wrong with folks. Sex is fact of life and I think teaching abstinence only is ridiculous. They should be teaching teens how to protect themselves because even if one plans to abstinent, things happen. It's a simple fact.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:11 pm

Our kids need to be better educated on the subject than Todd Akin.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:34 am

Alan Smithee wrote:Our kids need to be better educated on the subject than Todd Akin.
    Jesus' pet dinosaur is better educated than Todd Akin.
    California school district sued over abstinence-only sex ed Jesus-and-dinosaur-e1299096274567-634x865

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:08 am