CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Who WOULD push the button? (following up Chris' The Box question)

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Who WOULD push the button? (following up Chris' The Box question) Empty Who WOULD push the button? (following up Chris' The Box question)

Post by Supernova Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:33 pm

I want to set the record straight, I have not seen The Box, but I was reading some people's comments about it and somebody pointed out all three times the button was pushed in the movie it was by a woman. This led to a long debate over who's more materialistic, which sex can more easily use 'out of sight, out of mind' logic to killing people for money, which sex commits more money driven crimes, etc.

Some people think the sex can determine who would be more likely to push the button in that situation based on society and who is known for using more money, others believe it's an individual matter. And I agree with this, but, that in mind, knowing the individuals I do and their money situations, I have to admit I could see more men pushing the button for the money at the cost of a human life than women. Why, because of the people I know, more men will just blow through their money because they want something RIGHT NOW and don't even think about the consequences because they believe if they ignore the debts, they will go away. The women I know, not so much.

What's everybody else think? Say the button was pushed 10 times and one side pushes more than the other, who do you think it would be?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Who WOULD push the button? (following up Chris' The Box question) Empty Re: Who WOULD push the button? (following up Chris' The Box question)

Post by RedBedroom Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:01 pm

I think if you had a sample of ten people, it would be a representation of that particular sample. If you did the test ten times, I don't think the results of all ten would be similar. But I think out of ten tests of ten button pushers, more men would press it.

I think men would have an easier time with the "out of sight, out of mind" logic in pushing the button. But women are much more thoughtful about the future. So, I think the draw for the female button pushers would be the security for their families.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:57 am