CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Cheaps
Alan Smithee
Supernova
7 posters

What a NIGHT!

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

What a NIGHT! Empty What a NIGHT!

Post by Supernova Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:17 pm

Or perhaps I should say what a morning. I get to bed at 3 A.M., at 5 after 5 I am scared to death awakened by a sound right outside my window like a hundred metal garbage cans falling down a 10 story set of stairs. Turns out we had a little rainstorm but this was a rolling thunder like I had NEVER heard before, one HELL of a wakeup call.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

What a NIGHT! Empty Re: What a NIGHT!

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:32 pm

Did you have to change your sheets?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:33 pm

Sucks, I hate being awoken by thunder.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:37 pm

Often even very slight noises wake me up but I usually sleep right through storms like that Shrugs (Oh well…)
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:13 pm

Good thing it was just a storm and not a bunch of critters battling over who was going to get last nights garbage big grin
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:11 pm

Tony Marino wrote:Good thing it was just a storm and not a bunch of critters battling over who was going to get last nights garbage big grin

That one wouldn't have bothered me so much, my room's on the second floor so the bastards couldn't get in through the window. Though there HAS been a raccoon around here lately that we're trying to keep our cat safe from, I read somewhere that raccoons eat cats brains.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:15 pm

Supernova wrote:

That one wouldn't have bothered me so much, my room's on the second floor so the bastards couldn't get in through the window. Though there HAS been a raccoon around here lately that we're trying to keep our cat safe from, I read somewhere that raccoons eat cats brains.

When those Racoons come late at night by my neighbors garbage I hear them knocking the pails over. My neighbors are idiots, I guess they enjoy picking up garbage every day instead of putting the pails in their shed. I haven't heard that about Raccoons eating cat brains are you sure its not an Urban legend?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:20 pm

I don't know but I'm not willing to take the chance. When they first started coming around for the cat food the first thing we looked up was if they were dangerous to cats and the answer I found says that they kill cats and eat parts of them, either way I'm not eager to find out.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:37 pm

Tony Marino wrote:... I haven't heard that about Raccoons eating cat brains are you sure its not an Urban legend?

Well, sort of. Regular Racoons don't but Zombie Racoons go for the brain all the time.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:06 pm

Perhaps you need to go outside and check, we had that experience one night recently , the next day we discovered we had been hit by lightening and had quite a bit of damage, and just got lucky as a fire had started in the wall of hubbys work room. Fortunately it went out or we would be homeless.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:34 pm

Did a quick search & it looks like the main problem is parasites & of course rabies is a concern. They may fight over food but don't look very likely to become the food.

Dangers to Household Pets

Raccoons can carry a number of parasites and diseases which can be transmitted to cats and dogs. The most common types of parasites and diseases that raccoons may carry, and which pose a risk include: rabies, distemper, roundworm, mange, leptospirosis, fleas, ticks and coccidiosis. To help protect animals from contact with raccoons, cats and dogs should be vaccinated against rabies, dogs should have up-to-date distemper and leptospirosis vaccinations and outdoor pets should be kept indoors at night.

Read more: What Are the Dangers of Raccoons? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_8704505_dangers-raccoons.html#ixzz28NsFF96z

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:58 pm