CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
wants2laugh
Suzi
Shale
Supernova
RedBedroom
9 posters

So, I met Dad's new girlfriend this weekend

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

So, I met Dad's new girlfriend this weekend Empty So, I met Dad's new girlfriend this weekend

Post by RedBedroom Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:04 pm

I haven't been interested in meeting any of his little love interests as the first was just a whore gold digger.

So, anyway, the meeting of this new one turned out quite differently than I expected. Prior to her arrival to the house, my high school best friend was there with me for a visit. My friend asked me before she arrived, "Is there anything I can't ask her." I said, "Go for it." So, my friend did grill her a bit. To the point I thought maybe it was going a bit too far. Not so much the questions but the rapid succession of said questions.

Anyway, long story short...it seems this lady is really, really religious. So, my dad is pretending he is too. It bothered me so much that all I ever wanted growing up is my family to come to church with me on Sunday. Now, all the sudden, he's saying grace and not drinking with lunch. In fact, he has her so snowed. She thinks he doesn't drink or smoke cigars at all. That is such a bunch of b.s. and I was so close to saying something about why he had a soda pop for lunch. I'm 36 and I have never seen him drink a soda pop. Let alone not have a beer in his hand at two in the afternoon.

So, at the end of it all, I wanted to tell her something to let her understand she's being duped. She seems really nice.

And I am left with feeling so sad and pissed that he is modifying his drinking for a chick when he can't do it for me or my son. And when I say "me" I mean when he had to pick me up from events and be around my friends back in the day.

I am guessing I won't see her again because I doubt they will last. But if I do, do you think I should tip her off to him drinking?

One thing I know is she really gets on one of my dad's close friends about his drinking. (Jay and my son met her this summer. They started to tell me about it, but I didn't want to know.) Anyway, they said that she lectures Dad's friend and says, "The Devil has a hold of him now, but he will see the light and get alcohol out of his life."

So, Dad must explain the beer in the fridge as being his friend's.

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

So, I met Dad's new girlfriend this weekend Empty Re: So, I met Dad's new girlfriend this weekend

Post by Supernova Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:59 pm

I say yes, let her know what she's really getting herself into, and if she doesn't stay, then it wasn't meant to be.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

So, I met Dad's new girlfriend this weekend Empty Re: So, I met Dad's new girlfriend this weekend

Post by RedBedroom Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:01 am

Thanks Super.

I'm thinking the same. Though I doubt I will see her agian. I guess she will figure it out sooner than later.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:12 am

From what you describe, it looks like a match made in heaven. He's a lying cad and she's a pushy religious freak. They deserve each other and I would just stay out of it, let the lie fall apart when it eventually does.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:43 am

Shale, I read you reply the first time and was a tad pissed at the "just stay out of it" part....but then realized you probably speak the best advice.

That said, I am more in tune with someone who knows there is a God, so I still feel for this lady.

I know you don't believe, but really, at the end of the day, even if there isn't a God, believers are not less off, in my opinion.

I really want her to know what she is getting into.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:23 am

RedBedroom wrote:Shale, I read you reply the first time and was a tad pissed at the "just stay out of it" part....but then realized you probably speak the best advice.

That said, I am more in tune with someone who knows there is a God, so I still feel for this lady.

I know you don't believe, but really, at the end of the day, even if there isn't a God, believers are not less off, in my opinion.

I really want her to know what she is getting into.

She may be an adult but even adults need somebody to point out when they're being conned. That's why the Bunco squad went into business a long time ago.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:31 am

I don't think you need to say anything, sooner or later she will twig to what he is. If you just play along you don't alienate your father, and she will figure it out on her own. So I advise being quiet.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:35 am

Suzi wrote:I don't think you need to say anything, sooner or later she will twig to what he is. If you just play along you don't alienate your father, and she will figure it out on her own. So I advise being quiet.

Suzi, I totally respect and appreciate your advice. I will do my best to take it.

Not sure I will if I see her as I doubt I will go for a visit before Christmas. And so, if she is there at Christmas, and he has his first sober Christmas in at least 36 years, all bets are off. I won't hold back. Which leads me to think we will finally do Christmas here at my home with us and my stepdaughter.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:13 am

im gonna PM you.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:34 am

Bunny, sorry if I was flip in the message. I totally hear you...
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:23 am

My advice Red would be not to say anything but don't lie for him.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:18 am

RedBedroom wrote:...That said, I am more in tune with someone who knows there is a God, so I still feel for this lady.

Actually, I side with but don't profess to be an Atheist. I say Agnostic because I do have some belief in a cosmic consciousness. Just don't worship Zeus or any similar old man in the sky.

However, my disdain for your dad's GF was not for her beliefs but for her pushing them on others, such as criticizing the guys for drinking. My whole life I have had to live around ppl who take for granted that what is in "The Good Book" (Holy Bible or Koran) is the unassailable word of god and proceed to push THEIR INTERPRETATION of those words as if they were literally gospel.

I think Jesus, as part of the culture of the day drank wine. Having drank homemade wine I even know his reference to 'new wine' (doesn't taste as good but it has more alcohol in it). So IDK where she has any biblical reference for nagging ppl about drinking unless it is in excess.

BTW, if your dad is an alcoholic maybe this is a turning point for him. My grandmother traded booze for religious fanaticism and it was a much healthier choice for her. You can overlook the religious focus just 'cause she was not passed out on the kitchen table.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:08 am

BTW, if your dad is an alcoholic maybe this is a turning point for him.
    I have always said some people need religion to make them behave like decent human beings. Excellent point Shale.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:54 am

Shale wrote:From what you describe, it looks like a match made in heaven. He's a lying cad and she's a pushy religious freak. They deserve each other and I would just stay out of it, let the lie fall apart when it eventually does.

co-signs If he is going to dig his own grave let him.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:19 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:My advice Red would be not to say anything but don't lie for him.

co-signs
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:54 pm

No. Stay out of other people's relationships. She'll find out on her own and make her decision accordingly. On the flipside, if your father is an alcoholic, maybe her being a religious fanatic might rub off on him and curb his drinking.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:03 am

Thank you all for the good advice.

Should she have staying power, I will stay mum. I won't hide my drink from her should she encounter me at a campfire next summer. So, I guess I am feeling torn still. But I do feel a bit embarrassed by the attitude I had Sunday. So to each their own...should she marry him, it will just give me an easy out to move to Illinois sooner than later if my son decides not to go to college in our state.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:02 am

"I won't hide my drink from her should she encounter me at a campfire next summer."

Oh HELL no!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:48 am