CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Do you have any good cheap main-dish recipes?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Do you have any good cheap main-dish recipes? Empty Do you have any good cheap main-dish recipes?

Post by RedBedroom Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:26 pm

What are some really good main-dish recipes that can be prepared for little money? Do you have a favorite?

Here is one I like...

In a skillet combine

A bag of California blend veggies
    2 cups rice
    1 can broccoli cheddar soup
    small amt. of deli ham diced up
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Do you have any good cheap main-dish recipes? Empty Re: Do you have any good cheap main-dish recipes?

Post by Cheaps Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:49 pm

Diced up smoked sausage
    Diced up potatoes
    green & red bell peppers.

I like to sprinkle shredded cheese on top as well.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Do you have any good cheap main-dish recipes? Empty Re: Do you have any good cheap main-dish recipes?

Post by CeCe Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:38 pm

You can saute a few boneless chicken breasts or tenders & mix them with a variety of rice mixes like Rice a Roni (which is about $1 a box)

You can do this with a few pork chops too.

With the economy the way it is I'm trying to have as little waste as possible so I do this a lot with leftover meat from the dinner before.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:26 pm

CeCe wrote:You can saute a few boneless chicken breasts or tenders & mix them with a variety of rice mixes like Rice a Roni (which is about $1 a box)

You can do this with a few pork chops too.

With the economy the way it is I'm trying to have as little waste as possible so I do this a lot with leftover meat from the dinner before.

Great idea CeCe and I love Rice a Roni!!
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:10 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

Great idea CeCe and I love Rice a Roni!!

Rice a Roni is really good & there are so many varieties too!
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:48 pm

I made some of the best quesadillas the other day...

Cut up a chicken breast (chicken tenderloins will work too, or if you want steak, try steakums) and saute it with olive oil and your choice of seasoning (I'm a fan of taco seasoning and a diced pepper blend).

Mix with salsa (I might add chipotle sauce next time), put a tortilla on a greased baking sheet and cover half the tortilla with the mix.

Add your cheese of preference on top of the chicken (I used Mexican 4 cheese blend).

Fold the quesadilla in half and place it in the oven, preheated to 375 (I did 400 but that left it crispy as all hell).

Bake for five minutes and enjoy the goodness. Add extra cheese for men. All men love cheese.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 11:17 am