CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
RedBedroom
Alan Smithee
6 posters

Oregon Farmer Eaten by Pigs

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Oregon Farmer Eaten by Pigs Empty Oregon Farmer Eaten by Pigs

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:10 am

I guess this is one reason NY doesn't do swine big grin

When Terry Vance Garner failed to return from feeding his pigs last Wednesday, a family member who went to check on him made a horrifying discovery: what appeared to be Garner’s remains, including his dentures, strewn throughout the hog pen, according to a report in the Eugene, Ore., Register-Guard.

Authorities believe the 700-lb. pigs may have knocked the 69-year-old farmer down, or that Garner could have experienced a heart attack and collapsed. A pathologist was unable to determine the cause of death after examining Garner’s remains, so a forensic anthropologist at the University of Oregon will investigate further.

“For all we know, it was a horrific accident, but it’s so doggone weird that we have to look at all possibilities,” Coos County District Attorney Paul Frasier told the Register-Guard.

Garner, a Vietnam War veteran, suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder, and his older brother Michael, 75, told the Register-Guard that the farm — located just outside the town of Bandon, Ore., near the Pacific coast — was a “real life-saver.” Garner raised hogs to sell the piglets to local children.

Michael Garner said a hog bit his brother last year after he unintentionally stepped on a piglet. “He said he was going to kill it, but when I asked him about it later, he said he had changed his mind,” Michael Garner said.

John Killefer, director of the Animal and Rangeland Sciences Department at Oregon State University in Corvallis, told the Register-Guard that domesticated pigs are less aggressive than their feral relatives, but attacks have occurred in the past. In 2006, the Telegraph reported, a boar pinned a man against a tractor in England, gnawing his left arm, back and legs.

Killefer said although the incident was unusual, there are risks involved in interacting with any animal and that hogs “are more omnivorous than other farm animals, [such as] cows.”

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/10/02/oregon-farmer-eaten-by-pigs/
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Oregon Farmer Eaten by Pigs Empty Re: Oregon Farmer Eaten by Pigs

Post by RedBedroom Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:17 am

Great. Now I have to fear pigs.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:11 am

Pigs can be real mean. Here in BC we had a pig farmer turned serial killer, he fed his victims to the pigs. The cops didn't care about all the missing women because they were mostly prostitutes. How easily they discounted the fact that there is usually someone who loves the woman, so it went on for years before they finally paid attention!
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:21 am

Ewww
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:51 am

Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:45 am

Swine is NOT divine. Oregon Farmer Eaten by Pigs 273237 The pig is the animal God cast the devil into. I'm not surprised.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Suzi Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:52 am

Oh please tell me you don't really believe that?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:26 pm

Suzi wrote:Oh please tell me you don't really believe that?

Regardless if I believe it or not (which I don't technically), it's no secret that the pig is a nasty animal. They will eat their own feces and since they don't sweat, that bacteria and toxins stay in the meat. And since 90% of the bacon, ham and whatever else you get from the grocery comes from pigs that were housed in God awful conditions, that's even more reason not to eat it. And NOTHING about the pig is healthy for you. They are loaded with cholesterol and fat and have more fat than any other meat, including beef. At least chicken and turkey and fish are lean meats and they have protein. Pigs are bottom feeders. But you enjoy.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:49 pm

Shrugs (Oh well…) At least he wasn't keeping silver back gorillas!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:22 pm

Alan Smithee wrote: Oregon Farmer Eaten by Pigs 2517814472 At least he wasn't keeping silver back gorillas!

Oregon Farmer Eaten by Pigs 566222
    He would've been done a long time ago.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Suzi Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:14 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

Regardless if I believe it or not (which I don't technically), it's no secret that the pig is a nasty animal. They will eat their own feces and since they don't sweat, that bacteria and toxins stay in the meat. And since 90% of the bacon, ham and whatever else you get from the grocery comes from pigs that were housed in God awful conditions, that's even more reason not to eat it. And NOTHING about the pig is healthy for you. They are loaded with cholesterol and fat and have more fat than any other meat, including beef. At least chicken and turkey and fish are lean meats and they have protein. Pigs are bottom feeders. But you enjoy.
    Actually chickens are the dirtiest, they will eat their own shit and and wallow in the same. Dogs delight in eating cat poop, they don't sweat either. Given the space a pig is a very clean animal.They will use one corner of a pen as a bathroom and another for their mud wallow. The mud wallow is important because they sunburn.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Suzi Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:14 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

Actually chickens are the dirtiest, they will eat their own shit and and wallow in the same. Dogs delight in eating cat poop, they don't sweat either. Given the space a pig is a very clean animal.They will use one corner of a pen as a bathroom and another for their mud wallow. The mud wallow is important because they sunburn.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Suzi Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:16 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Suzi Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:26 pm

Don't ask me what happened there I have no clue!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:58 pm

Suzi wrote:
    Actually chickens are the dirtiest, they will eat their own shit and and wallow in the same.

That's a pig.

Dogs delight in eating cat poop, they don't sweat either.

And just who in the hell eats dog? Do you? LOL.

Given the space a pig is a very clean animal.They will use one corner of a pen as a bathroom and another for their mud wallow. The mud wallow is important because they sunburn.

Key words. So does chicken. That doesn't negate that fact that even if they are raised in a clean space, nothing about the pig is healthy. The fact that most of the pigs you eat AREN'T and are bred in filth, it's even more reason not to touch them. The problem is...most of us don't raise or farm our own food, so we rely on others to do it. I know the conditions of raising cow, chicken and pig and and a lot of other animals for consumption are deplorable most of the time because they have to feed large amounts of people. Factory raised that is. I try to make it a point to eat healthier as I get older and I know there are still some things I eat that I shouldn't. That being said however, there are NO redeeming qualities about pigs, NO redeeming health benefits associated with them at all. Everything about them isn't good for you in the least. And since when I did eat pork, I was never crazy about porkchops, sausage, ham,etc anyway so it was easy to give up. It's a process. I'll be giving up other foods soon too. Like I said before, chicken is lean meat and it's protein. Other than deep frying it and it being given steroids by farmers to make them bigger (that's another issue), the actual meat (when chicken is raised and butchered properly) isn't bad for you.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Suzi Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:48 pm

Sorry but do a little research, chickens are filthy and they have mites. Man if you ever cleaned a chicken coop you would understand just how horrible they are. They make no effort to arrange a clean spot for themselves they even crap on their own eggs. They aren't all clean and tidy like you get from the store. They do make nice pets. They will come when you call as will a pig then the pig is a hell of a lot smarter than a chicken too.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:31 pm

Suzi wrote:Sorry but do a little research, chickens are filthy and they have mites. Man if you ever cleaned a chicken coop you would understand just how horrible they are. They make no effort to arrange a clean spot for themselves they even crap on their own eggs. They aren't all clean and tidy like you get from the store. They do make nice pets. They will come when you call as will a pig then the pig is a hell of a lot smarter than a chicken too.

LOL. You still aren't getting it. I have DONE my research and you arent telling me anything new. Most of the meat you buy doesn't come from animals bred kosher but the pig is not only a nasty one, its the most most unhealthy one. One being smarter than the other (don't know how this is relevant) isn't the issue. You can't dispute that chicken is a leaner and healthier meat that a pig. So stop trying to justify it. Eat whatever you want.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:28 am

Any Pics??
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.