CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Alan Smithee
wants2laugh
Shale
RedBedroom
8 posters

What is the greatest risk you have ever taken?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

What is the greatest risk you have ever taken? Empty What is the greatest risk you have ever taken?

Post by RedBedroom Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:12 am

So far in life, what is the greatest risk you have ever taken?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

What is the greatest risk you have ever taken? Empty Re: What is the greatest risk you have ever taken?

Post by RedBedroom Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:13 am

For me, I think it was reconciling with Jay.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

What is the greatest risk you have ever taken? Empty Re: What is the greatest risk you have ever taken?

Post by Shale Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:12 am

I was hitchhiking cross country. A guy picked me up at a reststop in Arizona or New Mexico to go have sex in his car. He drove me out into the desert - you've seen this place on CSI where bodies are found. But, not my body that time. Whew faints

Had sex with this Latino man and discovered he had tats all over his back, like they do in Cuban prisons. Turns out he was a Marielito and was in jail for killing a cop. Still, he was exciting and didn't kill me, tho I did not sleep while he was in my bed.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:04 am

probably throwing my husband out. It was risky for me to be on my own for the first time in my life... and I did it without any hesitation or concern. of course i was also young and stupid lol
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:36 am

wants2laugh wrote:... of course i was also young and stupid lol

Been There - Was That!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:39 am

Driving when I shouldn't have in my much younger and stupider days face palm . Was rare though.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:48 am

Alan Smithee wrote:Driving when I shouldn't have in my much younger and stupider days face palm . Was rare though.

Oh Yeah, back in the day driving drunk. Talk about luck or angels steering the car or whatever. Once I happened to look at my speedometer coming down the bridge in New Orleans and saw I was doing 100 MPH. If I had taken the exit at that speed I woulda been upside down on Camp St. smushed.

Then there was the blackout drunk where I got home and parallel parked the car in front of my apt and didn't remember any of it the next day. I quit getting drunk after that.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:42 pm

i am quite a daredevil tho... so if u mean physically... i have swung on a trapeze 70 ft in the air, bungee jumped, parasailed, did the sky coaster a couple times, went swimming with dolphins, swam in a shark tank, and played in a cage with a 900 pound tiger. Choose any of these if you like! LOL
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:45 pm

wants2laugh wrote:i am quite a daredevil tho... so if u mean physically... i have swung on a trapeze 70 ft in the air, bungee jumped, parasailed, did the sky coaster a couple times, went swimming with dolphins, swam in a shark tank, and played in a cage with a 900 pound tiger. Choose any of these if you like! LOL

Holy cats, girl!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:50 pm

wants2laugh wrote:i am quite a daredevil tho... so if u mean physically... i have swung on a trapeze 70 ft in the air, bungee jumped, parasailed, did the sky coaster a couple times, went swimming with dolphins, swam in a shark tank, and played in a cage with a 900 pound tiger. Choose any of these if you like! LOL

Taking risks or death wish? jaw dropz
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 18

Post by Minerva Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:00 pm

Mine sounds so tame after reading the above. But it was moving to another state 2000 miles away not knowing a soul back in 1978.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:39 pm

Minerva wrote:Mine sounds so tame after reading the above. But it was moving to another state 2000 miles away not knowing a soul back in 1978.

That's huge! I don't think many people would be that brave.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:44 am

To everybody else's views, not much, but for my own, given that I was raised to be afraid of everything and assume the worst outcome in any potentially thrilling situation, for me, it would be taking on those carnival rides that combine heights and speed and the inevitable point of being suspended upside down at the top, like the Patriot, or the Skymaster in everybody else's language.

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:57 am

Supernova wrote:To everybody else's views, not much, but for my own, given that I was raised to be afraid of everything and assume the worst outcome in any potentially thrilling situation, for me, it would be taking on those carnival rides that combine heights and speed and the inevitable point of being suspended upside down at the top, like the Patriot, or the Skymaster in everybody else's language.

Oh hell yeah. Those carnival rides set up again and again freak the hell out of me.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:59 am

RedBedroom wrote:

Oh hell yeah. Those carnival rides set up again and again freak the hell out of me.

And I'm wondering if the first time I went on that, if something went wrong, because during the middle of the ride it stopped upside down and we were all left hanging there for a few seconds before it started moving again. At the time I thought that was just normal, but when we did it this year it just went around and around, never really stopped at the top, only kind of slowed down.
    TheEnglishButterfly
    TheEnglishButterfly
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by TheEnglishButterfly Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:00 am

RedBedroom wrote:So far in life, what is the greatest risk you have ever taken?

I made the decision to become a single parent completely... kick Lily's father out of her life.

BEST decision ever!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:14 am

TheEnglishButterfly wrote:

I made the decision to become a single parent completely... kick Lily's father out of her life.

BEST decision ever!

clapping cheers (rah) cool dance Good for you!
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:40 am

co-signs

i dont have kids.. so the daredevil thing is okay. the thing that made me the most nervous was the parasailing... did it in ocean city MD, and they made me sign a form saying that my family couldnt sure if i was eaten by sharks and died! LOL looking back, its kinda weird i did not to sign that kind of contract for the tiger, but it was in another country, so maybe lawsuits arent as prevalent
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:47 am

wants2laugh wrote: ...the thing that made me the most nervous was the parasailing... did it in ocean city MD, and they made me sign a form saying that my family couldnt sure if i was eaten by sharks and died! ...

When I went parasailing I was worried I would be way up there and see sharks in the water. The pilots that fly those ad signs along the beach see them all the time real close to ppl.

BTW, parasailing has its risks. A couple of ppl here in Florida have died. One slammed into a hi-rise another slipped out of the seat and hit the water and died. I didn't know it was risky when I went up - so next time it will be a known risk I'll be taking.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:57 am

i enjoyed it, felt like sitting in a swing... was beautiful... and the shark thing... in NJ our water is muddy looking, so never expected to see any LOL
    TheEnglishButterfly
    TheEnglishButterfly
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by TheEnglishButterfly Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:53 am

Supernova wrote:

clapping cheers (rah) cool dance Good for you!

Thank you! He tried to kidnap her when she was a year old, so I told him to get fucking lost and he hasn't been there since. It's been almost 8 years and we don't miss him nor need him!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:22 am

wants2laugh wrote: co-signs

i dont have kids.. so the daredevil thing is okay. the thing that made me the most nervous was the parasailing... did it in ocean city MD, and they made me sign a form saying that my family couldnt sure if i was eaten by sharks and died! LOL looking back, its kinda weird i did not to sign that kind of contract for the tiger, but it was in another country, so maybe lawsuits arent as prevalent

Could they still sue if you were eaten by sharks and lived?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:28 am

This poor woman didn't have to worry about sharks. This happened 8/16/12.

A Connecticut woman died in a parasailing accident in Florida Wednesday when she fell about 200 feet into the ocean, authorities said.

Stephen Miskell and his wife, Kathleen Miskell, 28. She died after falling 200 feet in a parasailing accident off Pompano Beach, Florida.

Kathleen Miskell, 28, was tandem parasailing with her husband offshore in Pompano Beach, Fla., when her harness broke Wednesday afternoon and she fell into the water, city spokeswoman Sandra King said in a statement.

“She fell between 150 and 200 feet face-down into the ocean, and that’s like hitting a brick wall, and the husband unfortunately had to witness it,” Pompano Beach Mayor Lamar Fisher told NBCMiami.com.

Miskell’s husband, Stephen Miskell, was not hurt, and the boat’s operator reeled him in after Kathleen fell. They found Kathleen face-down in the water and pulled her into the boat too.

They started CPR, called 911 and brought Miskell to the Hillsboro Inlet. Miskell was in cardiac arrest as Pompano Beach Fire-Rescue continued CPR and administered “advanced life support,” according to King.
    She was taken to Broward Health North hospital in critical condition where she was pronounced dead later Wednesday afternoon.

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and the Broward Sheriff’s Office are investigating the incident. Investigators spent hours interviewing employees from WaveBlast Water Sports, the company that owned the boat.

Authorities hauled off the boat late Wednesday night.

Stephen and Kathleen were reportedly on vacation when the incident occurred.

Two of their neighbors told NBCConnecticut.com they had been friends with the Miskells since they moved into the neighborhood about a year ago.

“Nice girl, Stephen, her husband, great people. We know them, we hung out with them, really great people,” Christopher Himan said.

“My heart is breaking for Stephen and the whole family,” Christopher’s wife, Sarah Himan said. “Kathleen was a really sweet, friendly person. She was very outgoing.”

This is the second parasailing fatality of Pompano Beach since 2007. That year, tourist Amber White was killed in a similar accident when her line snapped in strong winds, throwing her body onto a roof of a hotel. The investigation later revealed that the boat operator ignored a thunderstorm warning, the New Times Broward-Palm Beach reported.

Parasailing companies operate in Florida with little-to-no regulation from the state or the federal government. Mayor Fisher said he has been pushing for legislation to impose stronger safety standards.

“And obviously it fell on deaf ears,” Fisher said. “And so here we are today, losing another life because of no inspections and no opportunities to make sure that this equipment is safe. For someone to have come down on vacation to Pompano Beach, it’s inexcusable to me.”

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/16/13314423-woman-parasailing-with-husband-in-florida-dies-after-falling-200-feet?lite
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:29 am

What kind of sharks?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:29 pm

I once went Jet Skiing and I had never done it before! Man I thought I was a goner for sure until I got used to it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:24 pm