CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Lincoln

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Lincoln Empty Lincoln

Post by Shale Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:03 am

Lincoln
    Movie Blurb by Shale
    November 17, 2012

I went to see this movie today because I had seen the trailers and heard that it was well researched and well made by director Steven Spielberg. Also, I like costume drama movies, especially the 19th Century. I was surprised this evening to discover that this movie was two and a half hours long - it didn't seem long at all.

While it opens on a heated hand-to-hand battle in the mud between Union & Confederate soldiers, most of the action takes place in the House of Representatives as the 13th Amendment is being fought over.

This movie is not a lifelong biopic about honest Abe, but takes place in 1865 during the last half year of his life, while he struggles to end the devastating conflict and also rid our entire nation of slavery.

I haven't done extensive research yet, but this movie looks quite true to reality, as much as one can get from just writings and a few still fotografs. And Daniel Day-Lewis as Lincoln is so convincing I felt as if I had time-traveled to the late 19th Century.

It would be hard to tell you a storyline about this movie. It is almost a documentary of how the players in Washington squabbled and postured and cajoled each other over this issue of making slavery permanently illegal in the United States. Anticipating reunion with the Confederate States after the war, the Emancipation Proclamation would no longer be valid and could be overturned by the Southern States' votes.

See More Here:

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?p=7456668#post7456668
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Lincoln Empty Re: Lincoln

Post by Tony Marino Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:52 am

I want to see it.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:37 pm