CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Tony Marino
Shale
Alan Smithee
wants2laugh
RedBedroom
9 posters

Have you ever stayed at a bed and breakfast?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Have you ever stayed at a bed and breakfast? Empty Have you ever stayed at a bed and breakfast?

Post by RedBedroom Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:19 am

I have not. I have seen pics of so many online and they seem so cool. Here's my thing...pardon me being so blunt...

Bed and Breakfasts are pegged as a romantic getaway. I don't see the logic...Let's go screw after a fun day of apple picking and hiking where the walls are paper-thin in this century-old home with multiple bedrooms...Huh?

I am totally remiss on seeing how this would ever be a good couples' getaway venue.

(yeah, I am in the middle of figuring out a fun weekend away for the two of us)

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Have you ever stayed at a bed and breakfast? Empty Re: Have you ever stayed at a bed and breakfast?

Post by wants2laugh Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:06 am

hahahaha... when i went to savannah GA, I did a tour of the different houses decorated for christmas.. one was a BEAUTIFUL b&b.. and the honeymoon suite had its own garden courtyard.... it was gorgeous.

Never stayed in one... I was thrown out of a hyatt once for my "activities" so I'm sure I would be thrown out of a b&b LOL... crops and whips make much louder sounds than you realize LOL
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Have you ever stayed at a bed and breakfast? Empty Re: Have you ever stayed at a bed and breakfast?

Post by RedBedroom Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:11 am

I don't even know what a crop is. So I should avoid making noise with it. LOL
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:52 am

RedBedroom wrote:I don't even know what a crop is. So I should avoid making noise with it. LOL

A crop.
    Have you ever stayed at a bed and breakfast? 5748riding_crop

This helps cut down on the noise.
    Have you ever stayed at a bed and breakfast? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLGB5b1AWZQ_q_XMCyMfxNQebn9De_n0yi8zh6Ers2-7jt2f8TSAfWFigM

Ahh...so I'm told. big grin
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:07 am

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:57 am

Jim & I stayed at a B&B twice

in London while passing thru from India.

No, it was not the romantic antique farmhouse, but an inner city antique that didn't fall during the war. A bed from two centuries ago, shared bathroom down the hall and breakfast served by an old chap who had been to India himself once (before 1947). The kind of place where backpackers would stay.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:57 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

A crop.
    Have you ever stayed at a bed and breakfast? 5748riding_crop

This helps cut down on the noise.
    Have you ever stayed at a bed and breakfast? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLGB5b1AWZQ_q_XMCyMfxNQebn9De_n0yi8zh6Ers2-7jt2f8TSAfWFigM

Ahh...so I'm told. big grin

The ball gag only cuts down on the screams... not the actually slapping sound of the crop on the skin! LOL can be loud LMAO!

but since you are so innocent and unaware... by your "so I'm told" quote, how did you know where to find a pic like that??? hmmm??? LOL
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:56 pm

wants2laugh wrote:

but since you are so innocent and unaware... by your "so I'm told" quote, how did you know where to find a pic like that??? hmmm??? LOL

I'm neither innocent or unaware. Just becasue I've never had a ball gag stuck in my mouth doesn't mean I don't know what it is or how to use Google Shrugs (Oh well…)
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:56 pm

OMG, I just viewed those links and the Baker House looks amazing! I would really like that place, I think. However, I wouldn't do Lake Geneva for just Jay and me because it is really close to where my aunt is in Illinois, so it would not be cool to go and not take my son.

Oh, and thanks for the crop tutorial! Yikes, in the scrapbooking world, a "crop" is where a bunch of women meet to scrapbook together and share tools. Much, much different!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:06 pm

RedBedroom wrote:

OMG, I just viewed those links and the Baker House looks amazing! I would really like that place, I think. However, I wouldn't do Lake Geneva for just Jay and me because it is really close to where my aunt is in Illinois, so it would not be cool to go and not take my son.

Oh, and thanks for the crop tutorial! Yikes, in the scrapbooking world, a "crop" is where a bunch of women meet to scrapbook together and share tools. Much, much different!

I got excited when I found the Iron Horse one. Does Jay ride too?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:11 pm

Well, we are not really into street bikes like Harleys. He used to race motocross, but not anymore. Too much age and responsibility now! His last race was when our son was an infant.

And truth be told, I would never vacation in Milwaukee unless it was super cheap or I had to be in the area for something else. I don't like it very much and if I'm that close to Chicago, it seems silly not to just go the rest of the way!
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:10 am

http://www.romanticinnsofsavannah.com/chatham-suites.html

I visted one... but i dont remember which one, but it is probably on this list.... the mirrors in the bathroom all showed you as 10 pounds lighter! lol... and they had violinist wake you up in the morning for breakfast. The room was HUGE... with a jacuzzi in the center.. it was beautiful. And if wasnt badly priced either, considering.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:33 pm

I have stayed at a couple of bed and breakfasts' they can be quite charming if you hit the right ones.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:58 pm

I never have. I was always under the impression these kinds of things were geared more towards older folks.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:11 pm

Cheaps wrote:I never have. I was always under the impression these kinds of things were geared more towards older folks.

OOH BURN! evil grin
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:47 pm

Cheaps wrote:I never have. I was always under the impression these kinds of things were geared more towards older folks.

No not at all you would be surprised how many young people stat at B&B.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:55 pm

Sometimes. Olded couples whose kids are grown. But also young couples before the kids come or younger parents who just want a short vacation from their kids. Antiquing is for old folks!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:21 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

Sometimes. Olded couples whose kids are grown. But also young couples before the kids come or younger parents who just want a short vacation from their kids. Antiquing is for old folks!

I beg to differ! I love it now because I am really getting into vintage kitchen. I have gotten so many great finds for great deals.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:33 pm

RedBedroom wrote:

I beg to differ! I love it now because I am really getting into vintage kitchen. I have gotten so many great finds for great deals.

Ooh, Red...next thing you know, you'll be wearing sensible shoes and eating dinner at 4PM!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:47 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

Ooh, Red...next thing you know, you'll be wearing sensible shoes and eating dinner at 4PM!

LOL!
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:56 am

RedBedroom wrote:

I like Vintage kitchens Red.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:05 am

Tony Marino wrote:

Do you have one of these, Tony?
    Have you ever stayed at a bed and breakfast? 5662328869_019959e3dd
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:22 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

No but that one looks pretty cool! Mine looks like a 2 step ladder.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:27 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

I did not know that Tony! Do you have vintage items in your kitchen? I have been really into it for a year. I have several cool items.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:28 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

My parents have the yellow one but it's in rough shape. I have a red one but it is actually not really vintage.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:40 pm