CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Alan Smithee
CeCe
Tony Marino
7 posters

Did you have any Thanksgiving Drama this year?

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Did you have any Thanksgiving Drama this year? Empty Did you have any Thanksgiving Drama this year?

Post by Tony Marino Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:28 pm

You know you get together with relatives you don't see very often and someone always says something to offend another and then it escalates and before you know it you have a nice feud going on. In my family it does not have to be a holiday for the drama it happens on a weekly basis. Does this ever happen in your family, if so what kind of drama?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Did you have any Thanksgiving Drama this year? Empty Re: Did you have any Thanksgiving Drama this year?

Post by CeCe Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:47 pm

There were a couple of fleeting moments where I thought "uh oh" but they were quickly contained & most everyone else probably didn't even notice. Things went really well this year.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Did you have any Thanksgiving Drama this year? Empty Re: Did you have any Thanksgiving Drama this year?

Post by Tony Marino Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:29 pm

CeCe wrote:There were a couple of fleeting moments where I thought "uh oh" but they were quickly contained & most everyone else probably didn't even notice. Things went really well this year.

Wink
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:48 pm

Nope. Everything was smooth as a gravy sandwich. At least gravey CeCe didn't make Wink big hugz
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:56 pm

ROFLMAO! very funny!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:09 pm

Nah, not really. The most drama that will occur might happen during a game of Spades.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:25 pm

No, it pretty much went off without much of a hitch. Some of my wife's extended family from Baltimore came to town. They left on Sunday, thankfully. Now we're just getting over the food thing and preparing for the shopping thing.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:04 pm

havent had a holiday together in a long time. but one year, my sis needed money, and I was doing the phone sex lines... it was decent money if you put in the time. It was easy and from home. I told her, "Do not tell anyone in the family, and I will hook you up". She was doing it.. and then for whatever reason, decided to quit. She went back and told my whole family at christmas... my teenaged nephews and all! i was so pissed, didnt talk to her for the longest time
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:17 am

Yeah. My 90-something year old grandmother's been in the hospital for about a month and we don't know how long she's gonna make it. I got some aunts, uncles and cousins who flew in a few weeks ago to see her. A few days before Thanksgiving she had some kind of episode in the middle of the night as a result of a bleeding ulcer....so at around 3 am, the hospital calls with some grave sounding update. We all scurried to the hospital to see her, thinking it's grim and fearing the worse...but they were able to get the situation under control just prior to us all getting there. The following day her situation seemingly improves and stabilizes, but now I'm hearing from my mother that it's starting to look bad again, so we don't know. The hospital is basically trying to everybody to prepare for the inevitable worse.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:26 am

^^ in a situation like that, tho it is tough, you have to recognize the blessing in ending the poor woman's suffering. Say your goodbyes without regret and let her go when her spirit and body decides it is time. Sorry for your grief.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:43 am

I'm very sorry to hear that Marc. One of my wife's uncles out on Long Island passed in the aftermath of Sandy from a long battle with cancer. Her side is a large family and despite the conditions, a group of his relatives was able to make it out there to say their good byes before he was finally at peace. They're from around Scranton, PA and had to call for others to come with gas cans so they could make it home.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:39 pm

Marc™ wrote:Yeah. My 90-something year old grandmother's been in the hospital for about a month and we don't know how long she's gonna make it. I got some aunts, uncles and cousins who flew in a few weeks ago to see her. A few days before Thanksgiving she had some kind of episode in the middle of the night as a result of a bleeding ulcer....so at around 3 am, the hospital calls with some grave sounding update. We all scurried to the hospital to see her, thinking it's grim and fearing the worse...but they were able to get the situation under control just prior to us all getting there. The following day her situation seemingly improves and stabilizes, but now I'm hearing from my mother that it's starting to look bad again, so we don't know. The hospital is basically trying to everybody to prepare for the inevitable worse.

Marc, I am sorry to hear about your grandmother, I sincerely hope that things improve. Given my experience with the elderly sometimes when you think its the end they bounce back and surprise everyone. If it is indeed the end keep in mind she had a very long life and she will live on forever in you and your family's hearts.

In my prayers and God's hands.

Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:10 pm

Marc™ wrote:Yeah. My 90-something year old grandmother's been in the hospital for about a month and we don't know how long she's gonna make it. I got some aunts, uncles and cousins who flew in a few weeks ago to see her. A few days before Thanksgiving she had some kind of episode in the middle of the night as a result of a bleeding ulcer....so at around 3 am, the hospital calls with some grave sounding update. We all scurried to the hospital to see her, thinking it's grim and fearing the worse...but they were able to get the situation under control just prior to us all getting there. The following day her situation seemingly improves and stabilizes, but now I'm hearing from my mother that it's starting to look bad again, so we don't know. The hospital is basically trying to everybody to prepare for the inevitable worse.

Sorry to hear that love..... Did you have any Thanksgiving Drama this year? 56354

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:20 am