CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Shale
Alan Smithee
6 posters

Rossen Reports: New device lets crooks crack many hotel locks

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Rossen Reports: New device lets crooks crack many hotel locks Empty Rossen Reports: New device lets crooks crack many hotel locks

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:53 pm

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Rossen Reports: New device lets crooks crack many hotel locks Empty Re: Rossen Reports: New device lets crooks crack many hotel locks

Post by Shale Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:11 pm

I never assume my stuff is safe in a hotel room.

I live in Miami Beach - thieves here have a better device than that - it's the master key and the thieves most of the time are the hired help.

Also the TSA ppl who steal from passenger luggage at MIA.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Rossen Reports: New device lets crooks crack many hotel locks Empty Re: Rossen Reports: New device lets crooks crack many hotel locks

Post by RedBedroom Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:17 pm

I saw this report and I have to say the most alarming part of it is the thought of a person seeking to sexually assault someone using this device to get into the room of someone staying alone.

I never leave valuables in the room so the loss of "stuff" is not so worrisome to me.

Hopefully hotel chains will jump on this and get it fixed. The report stated they have had five months to do something since learning about the problem. That said, I am sure it is a major financial hit for major chains.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:28 pm

RedBedroom wrote:I saw this report and I have to say the most alarming part of it is the thought of a person seeking to sexually assault someone using this device to get into the room of someone staying alone.

I never leave valuables in the room so the loss of "stuff" is not so worrisome to me.

Hopefully hotel chains will jump on this and get it fixed. The report stated they have had five months to do something since learning about the problem. That said, I am sure it is a major financial hit for major chains.

That's just what I thought, Red.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:05 pm

Every hotel I have been in has had an additional mechanical lock from the inside.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:08 pm

Shale wrote:Every hotel I have been in has had an additional mechanical lock from the inside.

I could be wrong, but I think older hotels may just have a chain in addition to the main lock.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:29 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:Cheaps, you're a hotel professional. Does this affect where you work?

Nope, locks we have don't have those holes on the bottom, or anywhere on the lcok. I forget right now what company makes the locks we have, but it's not Ominy.

I sorta seen this on the Today Show this morning, and went to go look at our locks to see if ours had them holes. They don't. I just can't remember right now who makes our locks. I'm not at work anymore.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:41 pm

You should never leave your stuff in the hotel room anyway. The people who are more likely to steal are the ones who already work there.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:09 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:You should never leave your stuff in the hotel room anyway. The people who are more likely to steal are the ones who already work there.

co-signs
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:30 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:You should never leave your stuff in the hotel room anyway. The people who are more likely to steal are the ones who already work there.

Tony Marino wrote:
    co-signs

Uhh, our Cheaps works at a hotel. What the hell you saying?

Wink
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:40 pm

RedBedroom wrote:I saw this report and I have to say the most alarming part of it is the thought of a person seeking to sexually assault someone using this device to get into the room of someone staying alone.

co-signs

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:30 pm