CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Abbott and Costello

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Abbott and Costello Empty Abbott and Costello

Post by Supernova Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:56 am

Who's seen their movies? And who loves them? And which ones have you seen?

I've seen Abbot and Costello Meet the Killer, Boris Karlof (my favorite Abbott and Costello 372971 ), Hit the Ice, Hold that Ghost (another favorite), Buck Privates Come Home, Here Come the Fellow Co-Eds, Pardon My Sarong (love this one too!), Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein, Abbott and Costello Meet Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and Abbott and Costello Meet the Invisible Man.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Abbott and Costello Empty Re: Abbott and Costello

Post by Tony Marino Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:14 pm

Supernova wrote:Who's seen their movies? And who loves them? And which ones have you seen?

I've seen Abbot and Costello Meet the Killer, Boris Karlof (my favorite Abbott and Costello 372971 ), Hit the Ice, Hold that Ghost (another favorite), Buck Privates Come Home, Here Come the Fellow Co-Eds, Pardon My Sarong (love this one too!), Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein, Abbott and Costello Meet Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and Abbott and Costello Meet the Invisible Man.

LOL I love Abbott and Costello, I had to look this one up on IMD cause it was one I saw as a kid it was called "The Time of Their Lives" it was set back in the 1700's I think and I only remember that they were dead and bound to some property with some woman and they could not leave the boundary of the property until their loved ones called for them to go into the light. I recently saw Buck Privates, it was on TCM its the one with the Andrew Sisters singing boogie woogie bugle boy. I think I have seen most of their movies and they are great!!!

What about Laurel and Hardy? I literally die laughing when their movies are on!!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:44 pm

I haven't seen as much stuff in theirs but yes, they are funny too. I LOVE Brats, it is hilarious, and the Laurel and Hardy Murder Case, that one was just ridiculous, and I remember another one I think was called Utopia where their uncle died and had a lot of money on an island and they went to get it.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:58 pm

Supernova wrote:I haven't seen as much stuff in theirs but yes, they are funny too. I LOVE Brats, it is hilarious, and the Laurel and Hardy Murder Case, that one was just ridiculous, and I remember another one I think was called Utopia where their uncle died and had a lot of money on an island and they went to get it.

Yeah their humor is different from A&C. I liked the one where they went to the convention in Hawaii and they told their wives they were on a business trip and the wives saw them on TV in Hawaii. Its all great stuff.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:07 am

My favorite A & C is a toss up between A & C Meet Frankenstein and The Time of Their Lives. And yes, I enjoy L & H very much too. I don't remember the name and am too lazy to look it up but the one where they're trying to deliver a piano...classic comedy.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:04 pm

alan smithee wrote:My favorite A & C is a toss up between A & C Meet Frankenstein and The Time of Their Lives. And yes, I enjoy L & H very much too. I don't remember the name and am too lazy to look it up but the one where they're trying to deliver a piano...classic comedy.

That's called The Music Box, alan, it's a remake of an earlier film they did that involved a washing machine instead of a piano, unfortunately, so far as everybody knows, the footage for that one has been lost and probably gone forever...too bad, I'd love to see them trying to get a big old washing machine up those stairs. But speaking of which, has anybody here noticed that the 3 Stooges did something like that in their short An Ache in every Stake? Trying to get 2 big blocks of ice up about 1000 stairs and by the time Curly gets up there, they've melted into ice cubes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:43 pm