CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Dan70
Forgiveness Man
jeffb1986
Marc™
RedBedroom
Nystyle709
Supernova
11 posters

People who use the state of the world to justify not having kids

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

People who use the state of the world to justify not having kids - Page 2 Empty Re: People who use the state of the world to justify not having kids

Post by Supernova Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:07 pm

How about they come up with a reason that doesn't imply all the children who are alive today should never have been born?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

People who use the state of the world to justify not having kids - Page 2 Empty Re: People who use the state of the world to justify not having kids

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:13 pm

Supernova wrote:How about they come up with a reason that doesn't imply all the children who are alive today should never have been born?

How does it imply that? The state of the world is THEIR damn reason. People who choose to have a family for any reason is THEIR reason. Why must you insist on pulling shit that has not one thing to do with the other out of thin air? Why the hell would they have to come up with a reason that is justifiable to YOU? You ain't nobody. You're not living their life. Let it go.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:32 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

How does it imply that? The state of the world is THEIR damn reason. People who choose to have a family for any reason is THEIR reason. Why must you insist on pulling shit that has not one thing to do with the other out of thin air? Why the hell would they have to come up with a reason that is justifiable to YOU? You ain't nobody. You're not living their life. Let it go.

People say the world is too screwed up to have children. Not 'it's too screwed up for ME to have kids but it's in perfectly good shape for YOU to have kids'. That's implying that it's not a good place for kids, period. What part of this do you have trouble comprehending? Exactly WHAT is going to make the WORLD in too bad of a shape for one person to have kids, but all the crime and pollution and war and diseases and social injustice will be just FIIIIIINE for somebody else to bring children into the same world?
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:44 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:^^^^Again, nobody is saying that they can't choose their own reason. But if you have a dumb reason, people will call you on it. It's like if you refuse to eat green veggies because you fear they will turn your skin green, you have a right to your reason but it's still a ridiculous reason that people will call you on. If your reason for not doing something is some dumb irrational thing, people will call it what it is.

OK.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:20 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

Why can't it be true? Who are you to authorize the reason for not wanting children is dumb? SO FUCKING WHAT. It's not that big of a deal. I think waiting to get married to have sex is dumb. How bout that?
    Why can't it be true? The same reason 2 + 2 = 6 isn't true. Razz See, the difference between your dumb analogy and my comments is that you merely THINK it's dumb; logic and reason confirm that the excuse given in the OP is dumb. If somebody was waiting to have sex for a dumb reason like being afraid that their genitals would turn into a dragon and burn down their house, your comparison would be valid. As it is, you comparison fails.

And profanity again? Keep your cool lady. Wink
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:59 pm

Supernova wrote:

People say the world is too screwed up to have children. Not 'it's too screwed up for ME to have kids but it's in perfectly good shape for YOU to have kids'. That's implying that it's not a good place for kids, period. What part of this do you have trouble comprehending? Exactly WHAT is going to make the WORLD in too bad of a shape for one person to have kids, but all the crime and pollution and war and diseases and social injustice will be just FIIIIIINE for somebody else to bring children into the same world?

what the fuck?! . Yeah, it would be. If that's how they feel. So what? WHY are you getting sensitive and offended about what someone feels is THEIR personal decision not to have children? Is it that big of a deal to you? If you want to have 20 kids, by all means do that, but that would be your CHOICE. What part of that DON'T you comprehend? It's like you want to live someone else's life or something.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:07 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:Why can't it be true? The same reason 2 + 2 = 6 isn't true. Razz See, the difference between your dumb analogy and my comments is that you merely THINK it's dumb; logic and reason confirm that the excuse given in the OP is dumb. If somebody was waiting to have sex for a dumb reason like being afraid that their genitals would turn into a dragon and burn down their house, your comparison would be valid. As it is, you comparison fails.

lalalala (not listen . Blah, blah, blah...more incessant babble for you to come up with to justify how stupid your rationale is when it's been used against you. LOL, and you call yourself a writer? I'm beginning to see why your lame, pre-historic thinking ass hasn't been published yet. At this rate, you prob. wouldn't be either. Nobody wants to read bullshit.

And profanity again? Keep your cool lady. Wink

I'm cool as an ice cube. Blue Cool . You somehow think that me cursing means you've gotten me upset or something? Think again.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:12 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

lalalala (not listen . Blah, blah, blah...more incessant babble for you to come up with to justify how stupid your rationale is when it's been used against you. LOL, and you call yourself a writer? I'm beginning to see why your lame, pre-historic thinking ass hasn't been published yet. At this rate, you prob. wouldn't be either. Nobody wants to read bullshit.

I'm cool as an ice cube. Blue Cool . You somehow think that me cursing means you've gotten me upset or something? Think again.

Actually, my books aren't my babble or my rationalize. And again with the personal insults? Better stop it girl or Ima think you're flirting. Razz

You're cold as an ice cube? FORGIVENESS MAN You're definitely that cold, I agree. Razz
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:19 am

My cousins ex-wife used to say that (that the reason she refused to have kids was because of how messed up the world is.) deranged I think it is an excuse and that they just don't want to have kids, but let them have it I guess.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:35 am