CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

I love the snow

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

I love the snow Empty I love the snow

Post by Supernova Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:15 pm

No I ain't gone crazy just yet, and true as a general rule I do not like the snow and especially don't like it when it lingers. But we still have most of the 7 inches that fell on New Year's Eve and right now I'm loving it. I don't remember if I told anybody, but about a month back we were in VERY bad shape; we got through a summer on almost no rain, also had next to none all fall, and through it all we were discussing what the possibility would be of another Dust Bowl. Well it turns out the odds were pretty good, I think, because about a month back the ground got so dry that anytime the wind really came up, and it often did, the dirt and soil blew away in little dust clouds. THAT was a scary thing to see because we've lived through droughts almost every summer and it never happened before. Then we got half an inch of rain and it mudded the soil into place, and for a while that was good. But right now it's all buried under 4-5 inches of snow and as long as it's there, that dirt can't blow anywhere no matter how hard the wind gusts. And considering we're supposed to have just as bad of a drought this coming summer, I'm glad for the snow we've got right now.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

I love the snow Empty Re: I love the snow

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:43 pm

Supernova wrote:No I ain't gone crazy just yet...

Well let's not jump to conclusions! Wink
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:51 am

I hate snow but happy for you guys.

Sponsored content