CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
RedBedroom
CatEyes10736
Forgiveness Man
BlackPantherGod
Supernova
Jason B.
10 posters

Fatherhood Value

Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Fatherhood Value Empty Fatherhood Value

Post by Jason B. Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:14 am

Here are some random questions about fathers in contrasts to mothers.

• Do you think society values fathers equally to mothers?
    • Do you think men are equally suited to be single parents as women are overall?
    • Do you agree with the unwritten law that when the parents aren't together, the kid(s) automatically go with the mother?
    • What's more of an obstacle, a single man raising a daughter...or a single woman raising a son?
    • If you had to choose between one of your parents, who would it be?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Fatherhood Value Empty Re: Fatherhood Value

Post by Supernova Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:06 am

No
    Yes
    No
    I'd say the father with the daughter because how's he going to explain periods to her with a straight face unless he's a gyno?
    Mom, without a doubt.
    BlackPantherGod
    BlackPantherGod
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 6

Post by BlackPantherGod Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:01 am

[quote="JB"]Here are some random questions about fathers in contrasts to mothers.

Not quite yet, but I do believe we're getting there. The rise in stay-at-home fathers that I've personally witnessed is a major sign that society is starting to accept the fact that fathers can be more nurturing and caring than its previous preconceptions.

Men have the ability to be just as suited to single parenting as woman are. We all have the same capacity for nurturing and loving instinct; the only thing that holds men back from being equally loving and caring as women is societal and cultural dogma.

No, I don't, as I've seen or heard of many cases where the male parent has his head on straight and the mother is a crackhead or otherwise mentally unstable. My ex-boyfriend actually lost custody of his daughter when he split with his wife (who has very severe bipolar disorder), and she ended up putting their daughter into the foster care system. He eventually gained custody again, and he's been a much better parent to her than her mother was.

As I'm not a parent and I don't really have the experience or knowledge, I'll refrain from answering this question.

If I absolutely HAD to choose, I'd choose my mother. But if I was able to choose neither, I'd do that.
    BlackPantherGod
    BlackPantherGod
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 6

Post by BlackPantherGod Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:03 am

Not quite yet, but I do believe we're getting there. The rise in stay-at-home fathers that I've personally witnessed is a major sign that society is starting to accept the fact that fathers can be more nurturing and caring than its previous preconceptions.

• Do you think men are equally suited to be single parents as women are overall?
    Men have the ability to be just as suited to single parenting as woman are. We all have the same capacity for nurturing and loving instinct; the only thing that holds men back from being equally loving and caring as women is societal and cultural dogma.

• Do you agree with the unwritten law that when the parents aren't together, the kid(s) automatically go with the mother?

No, I don't, as I've seen or heard of many cases where the male parent has his head on straight and the mother is a crackhead or otherwise mentally unstable. My ex-boyfriend actually lost custody of his daughter when he split with his wife (who has very severe bipolar disorder), and she ended up putting their daughter into the foster care system. He eventually gained custody again, and he's been a much better parent to her than her mother was.

• What's more of an obstacle, a single man raising a daughter...or a single woman raising a son?

As I'm not a parent and I don't really have the experience or knowledge, I'll refrain from answering this question.

If I absolutely HAD to choose, I'd choose my mother. But if I was able to choose neither, I'd do that.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:59 am

JB wrote:Here are some random questions about fathers in contrasts to mothers.

HELL NO!
    Generally, Yes
    No way!
    The father has the challenge of explaining the menstrual cycle but the mother will have her own challenge of talking to her son. I'd say there will be equal challenges. Girls need a mother and boys need a father.
    I don't choose. Razz

Last edited by Forgiveness_Man on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:03 am

No

Yes

No

A single man raising a daughter.

Mom.

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:12 pm

• Do you think society values fathers equally to mothers? In general, no.

• Do you think men are equally suited to be single parents as women are overall? Yes, I do.

• Do you agree with the unwritten law that when the parents aren't together, the kid(s) automatically go with the mother? No, not at all. Fortunately, it seems as though more and more dads are granted equal custody.

• What's more of an obstacle, a single man raising a daughter...or a single woman raising a son? That is impossible to answer, as it completely depends on the attitudes and beliefs by the parents. I think that either can be a great success, and both can easily go the other way with poor parenting.

• If you had to choose between one of your parents, who would it be? That was one of my greatest fears (having to choose) as a kid. Dad and I were not close and Mom was sick so it would have been really hard to take care of her all alone.

femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:39 pm

• Do you think society values fathers equally to mothers? Sadly, no...and I think that's part of the reason why so many fathers don't bother.
    • Do you think men are equally suited to be single parents as women are overall? Completely.
    • Do you agree with the unwritten law that when the parents aren't together, the kid(s) automatically go with the mother? I don't agree or disagree with it. I do believe that the maternal bond with a child is a special one that has to be considered, but generally if the parents aren't together then I think it should be a 50/50 split IF both mother and father are equally suited.
    • What's more of an obstacle, a single man raising a daughter...or a single woman raising a son? I'd say a father raising a daughter. I think mothers and sons do a slightly better job of clicking. Girls are much more complicated.
    • If you had to choose between one of your parents, who would it be? My mom.

Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:11 pm

No

Yes

No

Difficult to answer. I'm a dad of 2 daughters and 1 son, but my ex-wife and I have joint custody so our kids aren't deprived of either influence. I hesitate to say that a dad raising a daughter could be more of a challenge.

Mom
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:48 pm

Of course not.

Historically men generally haven't been bred to be nurturers of children the way women have, but they can be.

No, but there does seem to be something more sinister, or "cruel," about keeping a child away from his/her mother than the father.

A father raising a daughter, for the simple fact that girls are a lot more "complicated" physically and emotionally than boys are.

Mother.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:35 am

• Do you think society values fathers equally to mothers? No society values a fathers support payments more than the father himself.
    • Do you think men are equally suited to be single parents as women are overall? They can be.
    • Do you agree with the unwritten law that when the parents aren't together, the kid(s) automatically go with the mother? On average, yes. But I support joint custody for 2 equally fit parents above all else.
    • What's more of an obstacle, a single man raising a daughter...or a single woman raising a son? Father/Daughter
    • If you had to choose between one of your parents, who would it be? My mama.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:43 pm