CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+14
Impact
Marc™
Wadsworth
kinetic
Jason B.
Chris
tmontyb
Forgiveness Man
pisces33
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
Tony Marino
RobbieFTW
CatEyes10736
18 posters

How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?

CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? Empty How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?

Post by CatEyes10736 Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:48 am

Quiznos ALWAYS wins. The subway restaurants around here use a lot more bread in their subs. Which would explain why they're more filling, you're essentially filling up on bread.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? Empty Re: How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:40 am

Subway chain: Around 33,246
    Quzinos chain: Around 4,500
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around? Empty Re: How does Subway still exist with Quiznos around?

Post by Tony Marino Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:50 am

I never tried Quiznos even though there is one not far from me.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:15 am

We had a Quiznos in the neighborhood. I never went, but my husband did. He said it was very good, but very pricey compared to Subway. It stayed for less than two years.

We have Jimmy Johns over here now. I think it is pricey. Overall, subs are expensive. The mark up is ridiculous.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:43 am

I think Quiznos is way overrated. And they're way too expensive. Subway has the game on lock with those $5 footlongs.
    pisces33
    pisces33
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by pisces33 Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:48 am

There was a Quiznos started up near where I live that lasted 6 months, and there is a Subway nearby that has lasted for years. I thought Quiznos was better but I guess others did not.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:53 am

I think because Quiznos just isn't that good. I tried it once and wasn't impressed. I agree that Subway's bread to filling ratio is WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY off, but I still think they are better than Quizno's.

That said, the local sandwich franchise blows them both out of the water and buries them under five yards of dirt. Razz
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:12 am

I like the subway meatball hero, its pretty good for a subway sandwhich.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:14 am

The subway roast chicken thing was good but in all honesty, I'd rather just have the chicken without the super-sized bread. Razz
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:35 am

Nystyle709 wrote:I think Quiznos is way overrated. And they're way too expensive. Subway has the game on lock with those $5 footlongs.

co-signs

I tried Quiznos and decided I'll stick with Subway when I want that type of food.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:38 am

Forgiveness_Man wrote:
    That said, the local sandwich franchise blows them both out of the water and buries them under five yards of dirt. Razz

I hear you on that! There's a little not that far from me that makes the best heros the beats out Subway and Quiznos by a mile.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:47 am

tmontyb wrote:I hear you on that! There's a little not that far from me that makes the best heros the beats out Subway and Quiznos by a mile.
    Unless Subway has a good sale, I don't even give it a second look. Slack's FTW baby! B) (Although Georgine's Jr. has a kickass hot pork sandwich. xD)
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:57 pm

What makes Subway more convenient is the price, and the fact that there's usually another Subway shop within a mile of the last one on the same street. Offhand, I only know of two Quiznos around here, and neither are in the same vicinity. A footlong at Quiznos is about ten dollars, Subway has them for five, so that keeps their leg up over the competition. Beyond that, I agree with Cat. In terms of menu and recipe, I think Quiznos kicks Subway in the teeth.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:49 pm

Sorta like apples and oranges, right? Quizno's is shooting for "tasty" while Subway is shooting for "healthy".

Oversimplification, sure, but that's the gist of it, to my mind.
    kinetic
    kinetic
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 19

Post by kinetic Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:54 pm

Quiznos isn't bad but I find their sauces taste like pure sugar. While I find their bread is very good, Subway's is better. Subway's toppings are also superior. Subway claims to be fresh and they are. Initially Quiznos had the toasted thing going for them but Subway was right on top of that and brought in their own fast tosters. Subway seems like a very well run business, all the way from the top down. A toasted Subway steak & cheese with southwestern sauce, loaded with fresh cut veggies has no equal.
    Wadsworth
    Wadsworth
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 16

Post by Wadsworth Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:25 pm

Quiznos has it all over Subway. Their specialty subs may cost more than the footlong, but they are better in every way. Just more meat all around. Subway is too much bread.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:58 pm

^^^^At least I am not the only one who feels this way. Wink Subway is too bready. But Quiznos isn't all that impressive either.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:33 pm

tmontyb wrote:

I hear you on that! There's a little not that far from me that makes the best heros the beats out Subway and Quiznos by a mile.

Hell, that's pretty much any deli in NYC. Nobody can top a hero from a true New York City bodega. I used to like Blimpie's too...but even they have gotten pricey.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:09 pm

Quiznos is the better of the two, but I prefer Bellacino's.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:45 am

Quiznos is better than Subway IMO. A lot of their meat is marinated and seasoned better, and their toppings are fresher too. The only thing Subway has over them is their bread (tastes fresher), Quiznos bread tends to be harder and slightly staler. In the meantime Subway offers this cold-cut "sub" that has ONE piece of meat and what I consider a half a piece of cheese on them. I would never go to a Subway again no matter how good their bread is. Five dollars for one piece of meat and half a piece of cheese is a royal rip off, no matter how much lettuce and tomato they put on it.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:24 am

Customer loyalty and it's more economical. I don't eat at either very often, though. My fast food restaurant of choice is Tim Horton's.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:27 am

Impact wrote:Quiznos is better than Subway IMO. A lot of their meat is marinated and seasoned better, and their toppings are fresher too. The only thing Subway has over them is their bread (tastes fresher), Quiznos bread tends to be harder and slightly staler. In the meantime Subway offers this cold-cut "sub" that has ONE piece of meat and what I consider a half a piece of cheese on them. I would never go to a Subway again no matter how good their bread is. Five dollars for one piece of meat and half a piece of cheese is a royal rip off, no matter how much lettuce and tomato they put on it.

I tell them to put more slices of meat on there and I dare you to charge me double the meat. It all depends on who's making your sandwich since they do it right in front of you.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:55 pm

I think one reason I'm not a big fan of subway or Quizno's is that I"m just not a big fan of subs. I'll eat them every now and then, but when it comes to fast food, neither place is even in my top 5. I think I've only been to Quizno's once, because there just aren't as many around, and been to Subway maybe 2 or 3 times in the last several years. I got sick of subs one year because the on-campus group i was involved with ALWAYS went to Subway for meals. Our student leader loved Subway and never gave the rest of us a choice - just picked Subway - for every meal out we had on the road - and by the end of 3 years with the group, I was so sick of Subway that it was probably 5 or 6 years before I ventured back.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:47 pm

The only and mean ONLY thing Subway has over Quiznos is price. Quiznos sandwiches are 2x better than Subway. As said already, Subway is 65-70% bread.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:06 pm

I don't go to either. I want a sub I go to my local pizzeria.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:05 pm