CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+12
Tony Marino
Forgiveness Man
tmontyb
stavdash
Crazy4Gaga
Kral
TSJFan4Ever
aublack40
Adrian LePere
Chris
Jason B.
pisces33
16 posters

Spoiler Roger Howarth

pisces33
    pisces33
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Spoiler Roger Howarth Empty Spoiler Roger Howarth

Post by pisces33 Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:09 pm

I guess it is official, he is coming back. Don't know what it means for TSJ, but I fear the worst. :frustrated: tomato throw
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Spoiler Roger Howarth Empty Re: Spoiler Roger Howarth

Post by Jason B. Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:11 pm

Where did you hear this?
    pisces33
    pisces33
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by pisces33 Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:12 pm

There is a big article about it at SON, they say it is a done deal.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by Jason B. Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:21 pm

Thanks. Just read.

Hmmm. Truth be told, I was expecting it. This presents a dilemma for me. Unfortunately the brass is going to be hush hush about the details of RH coming back and if there's a small chance that he'll be playing a new character...or if they're gonna try and shoehorn him back into Todd.

Now that I think about it, I'm really not interested in waiting on razor blades to find out if TSJ (and I) is being backstabbed, so bye OLTL.

It's been an crazy 17 year journey I've had and if it's revealed that RH is playing some brand new not-Todd character (which I doubt) then maybe I'll return. Until I hear that though, I'm bouncing.

No more OLTL for me!
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:30 pm

All I can say is that lightening doesn't always strike twice. The recent returns of Andrea Evans, Gina Tognoni and Susan Haskell (even though she won an Emmy, she's been sitting on the backburner for much of her return) have proved that. The problem with OLTL (and ABCD in general) is that they are into stunt castings. They think they can announce the coming of a "big" name, or the return of a once popular actor/character, and it will lure in hordes of viewers, and it never happens. Even James Franco didn't do much for GH. All they get is weak momentary buzz in the soap press.

Within a month of Howarth's return (as Todd, or not), it will be abundantly clear that nothing has changed as far as productivity and ratings, that he is only there for a paycheck.

Have fun Ron and Jean.
    Adrian LePere
    Adrian LePere
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 2

Post by Adrian LePere Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:18 am

I think this may just about be it for me. I'm not interested in a Real vs. Impostor s/l and unlike with GH, if they are planning to have RH play a different character, I somehow doubt that they'll say so upfront. They're probably loving the message board tizzy this is all causing. Speaking of message boards, thank God for this one because right now I'm frankly too scared to peak at any of the other ones. I imagine it's probably a 3 ring circus at them.
    aublack40
    aublack40
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by aublack40 Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:23 am

they are bringing him back for one reason and one reason only! 3 things are certain death,taxes and soaps bringing back the original no matter how good or better the replacement. ask bo brady's replacenent,or greenlee's or marty's. is that what the mandatory cast meeting was about?
    Adrian LePere
    Adrian LePere
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 2

Post by Adrian LePere Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:31 am

aublack40 wrote:they are bringing him back for one reason and one reason only! 3 things are certain death,taxes and soaps bringing back the original no matter how good or better the replacement. ask bo brady's replacenent,or greenlee's or marty's. is that what the mandatory cast meeting was about?

Unfortunately you are correct. Just as Greg Vahaugn, who incidentally started as the recast of Lucky the same year TSJ began as Todd. This was YEARS after JJ played him and there had been another actor in between the two (JY). Still as soon as JJ became available, they bounced GV out the role. OLTL did the same thing to Elaine Princi, Nicholas Walker and Christina Chambers. I have to wonder if Erin Torpey became available if they would give Bree Williamson a pink slip.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:40 am

Well - looks like I'll soon be free of OLTL, if TPTB trade Trevor for Roger. I really have no interest in an impostor storyline. What a slap in the face to TSJ if they suddenly declare his Todd an impostor, though it's not surprising given how ABC treats their actors. My VERY last day with OLTL will be Trevor's last day. He's my only reason for putting up with this crapfest that has become OLTL. I really hope this blows up in their faces!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope his return is a colossal failure or RH starts pulling the same crap he did in his last few years. It'll serve them right. if they make Trevor's Todd an impostor, I'll be checking out of OLTL and counting down the days until OLTL's cancellation is announced.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:41 am

I hope OLTL plummets in ratings once RH comes back!!! The show sickens me!
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:47 am

Adrian LePere wrote:I think this may just about be it for me. I'm not interested in a Real vs. Impostor s/l and unlike with GH, if they are planning to have RH play a different character, I somehow doubt that they'll say so upfront. They're probably loving the message board tizzy this is all causing. Speaking of message boards, thank God for this one because right now I'm frankly too scared to peak at any of the other ones. I imagine it's probably a 3 ring circus at them.

Reminds me of what Michael Easton once said about the admin. when it comes to viewers who're disgruntle over a storyline:
    "They like it when you're mad."

Honestly, I'm more quasi-frustrated, quasi-annoyed, while largely indifferent. I'm at the stage where I'm more likely to simply tune out, rather than to continue to watch just to fuel my anger.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:15 am

I will continue to watch for now, but news of RH's return puts the show on extremely thin ice with me. Maybe they will try to go the "twins" route and have RH play Todd's twin. blank stare @ you Whatever. But I will not accept him back as Todd (seriously how all around insulting if they go THAT route. This guy quit the show HOW MANY times only to come back when there were no greener pastures for him to chase, now he's doing it AGAIN!!!!!!) and THE MINUTE some kind of "impostor" angle gets interjected in, or it's implied that the character TSJ is playing really isn't Todd...that's it, I'm done! I will stop watching the show for good and actively smear it every chance I get. Also from here on out, let me just say that I couldn't care less about how terrible the ratings get. If next month ABC announces that OLTL is getting cancelled, my heart won't ache.

TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:44 am

Let RH be the impostor. He's the one who left. He can come back and they can say he had plastic surgery to look like the old Todd to try and fool everyone. OLTL has been on thin ice with me for a very long time and that ice is starting to have serious cracks in it.

TPTB want fans angry? While this fan is so angry she's on the verge of tuning out. Wonder if they'd still love angry fans if all of us tuned out and ratings plummeting.
    Crazy4Gaga
    Crazy4Gaga
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 1

Post by Crazy4Gaga Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:16 am

I just went over to SOC tonight and whew, boy have some even more posters revealed their true selves even more in the wake of this news.

I'll say this,I don't mind at all if RH comes back to play a new character. Itmight even be fun to see him in scenes again with FL, I can at least remember they had fiery chemistry, and there would be super interesting ones with TSJ that's for sure,lol. But I absolutely detest the idea of an imposter S/L....no way no how will I be around to watch one of those, and if they're really going to do that, I hope TSJ quits(if he isn't even fired) and walks away, it'd be utter disrespect to him

RH was the reason I tuned in. I thank him for that and I love and will always remember that Todd but TSJ is my Todd now.

It may be the time to quit OLTL for good now and for the curtains to come to a close. Time will tell soon enough!

Last edited by Crazy4Gaga on Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:22 am

I've been avoiding SOC 'cause I know it'll be nothing but a HUGE party over there. I guess I wouldn't mind it so much if RH played a new character, and they kept Trevor as Todd, but if they oust Trevor as Todd, that ice will have cracked enough for me to hang up the towel when it comes to OLTL. An impostor storyline will be such an insult.
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by stavdash Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:31 am

Crazy4Gaga wrote:I just went over to SOC tonight and whew, boy have some even more posters revealed their true selves even more in the wake of this news.

I'll say this,I don't mind if RH comes back to play a new character. But I absolutely detest the idea of an imposter S/L....no way no how will I be around to watch one of those, and if they're really going to do that, I hope TSJ quits and walks away, it'd be utter disrespect to him

RH was the reason I tuned in. I thank him for that and I love and will always remember that Todd but TSJ is my Todd now.

It may be the time to quit OLTL for good now and for the curtains to close. Time will tell soon enough!

Pretty much. I will not lie and say that I was not a fan of Todd while he played the character. I was. I, though, quickly reconciled his being succeeded by TSJ in the role. He won me over, and has played the role continually (and more consistently) since his debut. Today my loyalty lies with him. Had RH remained, I would have continued being a fan of his portrayal, but he jumped ship and allowed me to move on. Frankly, I am not interested in going back in time. Also, while I absolutely would not put it past the writers to try and say that TSJ's Todd was an impostor, the fact of the matter is that they would be invalidating too many years of story to go this route–although at OLTL, that means nothing (the continual resurrections of Mitch Laurence, anyone?)

If the show wants to retain me as a viewer, they will find a way to keep St. John on as Todd, and bring Howarth back as some Lord cousin, or whatever. I have next to no faith that they will go that route, though, so I predict that come January, I will have an extra hour in my day.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:20 am

Ok, I'll be the minority here. I'm happy RH is coming back. yay

Although, I like TSJ, I never really accepted him as Todd. This could work for them, but they have to play it correctly. We shall see how it goes.

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:22 am

RH should play Walker Lawrence, alive and well and getting revenge on Todd for taking his face by taking HIS face. xD He could be behind Tea really being alive afterall.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:29 am

Ugh my worst nightmare come true. Where do I write to protest? Why in the world would they do such a thing.
    pisces33
    pisces33
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by pisces33 Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:58 am

If they bring back RH as the "real" Todd, I hope it blows up in their faces. When Tea said that he was not Todd Manning and RH's picture was shown I got this sick feeling and was convinced RH was returning. I don't think there is any doubt after months of "who is who" that RH will be playing Todd. Do I want that? no
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:43 pm

I have a feeling they'll oust Trevor, too. Real Greenlee ring a bell? I want it to blow up in their faces, too! GH let Chad Brannon go and their ratings went from 3.4 his last week to 2.9 the first week without him. There was such an outcry when word got out that he was leaving that they actually asked him back, because his leaving would have occurred just before Feb. sweeps and they knew that a large number of his fans (and he was second in popularity after Maurice) were quitting.

If TPTB keep Trevor as Todd and make RH a Lord cousin, I'll consider staying, but if they make TSJ an impostor, it'll be a countdown until my last day with OLTL.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:52 pm

^^^^They only got away with Real Greenlee cause SS was only on a year and never really caught on.
    pisces33
    pisces33
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by pisces33 Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:01 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:^^^^They only got away with Real Greenlee cause SS was only on a year and never really caught on.

How many years did Greg Vaughan play Lucky? I think 6 or 7, and he got booted out the minute they got JJ back.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:40 pm

Same for Coltin Scott/Stephen Martinez. He even changed his name for them because they wanted something less... ethnic, was how it was put, I think. They negotiated with Stephen and let him think they wanted him back, while behind his back they were wooing Tyler and once Tyler signed, Stephen was out with only a few weeks notice - basically until Tyler could take over.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by Jason B. Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:47 pm

Same thing happened with Elaine Princi. The show entered into contractual negotiations with her to have her resign, but suddenly Robin Strasser was willing to return, and they threw EP under the bus. I don't trust ABC. They aren't loyal to any recast actor - no matter how successful their stint has been - if the previous actor was popular themselves. The only way TSJ will keep Todd is if RH was adamant about not coming back to play him again.

Me, I dislike about 75% of the show. Todd (TSJ), Tea, Dani, and to a lesser degree Clint, Dorian and Jessica (but she's lost a lot of my affection ever since Nash died) were my only reasons for watching. Everything else on the show I either dislike or am indifferent to. Now, with this whole RH-back/TSJ-possibly-screwed cloud hovering over it, I just don't know if I can muster up the energy to "wait and see." I've invested 7 years into TSJ as Todd, I don't want to add another cent into it until I can be for certain that my investment won't be for nothing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:21 pm