CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+18
Shale
wants2laugh
TSJFan4Ever
RedBedroom
MandyPerfumeGirl
CatEyes10736
Alan Smithee
Supernova
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
CeCe
TPP
GrayWolf
Marc™
Tony Marino
Chris
Nystyle709
Forgiveness Man
RobbieFTW
22 posters

The 9/11 Discussion Thread [merged]

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

The 9/11 Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 3 Empty 9/11 10 years later: your thoughts?

Post by Supernova Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:46 pm

I'm probably going to get flamed for this...okay, I get it, 10 years, it's a big deal, but all day long all the radio's had on is songs about 9/11 and my mother finally had to shut it off because it's too depressing, and I have to agree, it is. And for about a week people say there's a credible terrorist threat everybody must be on the alert...well the day's almost over, and so far it's gone like I expected, nothing.

But you know, I think we could really do without this being on the front page of every paper, on every radio station having a full day marathon of songs dedicated to it, to say nothing of this being the only thing covered on all the news channels on TV for the whole weekend. 10 years later, the younger ones of us are more aware of what happened (maybe), but if we're supposed to know so much more now, what do we know? You know?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

The 9/11 Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 3 Empty Re: The 9/11 Discussion Thread [merged]

Post by Shale Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:10 pm

OK, I didn't watch much TV today and even online we were inundated with it. But it is a remembrance - a mile stone if you will. So, we have to respect it as that, a moment of reflection of how far we have come in our national grief of the past decade. It will be remembered next year, but not so much.

This was the moment where everyone in the nation can tell you exactly where they were on September 11, 2001 at 9:30 to 10:00 a.m.

I was at work when about 9:30 someone told me a jet liner had crashed into the World Trade Center. We went down to the cafeteria to watch the TV. You have to realize that at this time it was not unprecedented - a bomber once crashed into the 79th floor of the Empire State Bldg.

But then as we were watching another air liner hit the other tower. We knew it was not an accident and I remember saying to those present "We are at war."

Like 1.4 million Americans I went out and donated blood by the 13th because we knew of the catastrophic amount of injuries and we just wanted to do something. Turns out there were relatively few injuries - most ppl died.

Still I am marking the occasion on Tuesday and donating blood, exactly 10 years later. It is always useful.

http://www.conversationchamber.com/t2418-do-you-donate-blood#116934
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

The 9/11 Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 3 Empty Re: The 9/11 Discussion Thread [merged]

Post by Tony Marino Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:31 pm

Its a day of remembrance as it should be. Having lived through it first hand you can't imagine what a horror it was unless you were there yourself. Some people don't understand this because they were behind the safety of their televisions and maybe to them it looked like a Hollywood disaster movie and they were waiting for someone to remove the tape. Almost 3,000 people lost their lives that day. Innocent Men, Women, policemen, Firemen perished trying to save one another. We were a city in fear, fearing that at any minute another plane would crash into another building taking more lives with it, or possibly bombs in the subways or tunnels waiting to go off.

The men and women of flight 93 should be proclaimed heroes for storming the cockpit, overpowering the terrorists and bringing down the plane in an isolated area of Pennsylvania so no other lives on land would be lost.

In the end we grieved together but New Yorkers stood tall and faced the terror and showed the world that our spirit would not be defeated. So if there is one day out of the year to honor Americans that lost their lives in a senseless tragedy then ALL Americans should honor that day and NEVER FORGET!!!!!!!
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:36 pm

Impact wrote:It's always been my thinking that holidays were for celebrating. Why would anyone want to celebrate the day terrorists launched an attack on America? It should always be observed, or a day of remembrance, but I don't know if 'holiday' is the right word.

co-signs
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:37 pm

Quote Shale: "Still I am marking the occasion on Tuesday and donating blood, exactly 10 years later. It is always useful."

Just as an aside to this thread, everyone spread the word about donating blood, especially if your type is O-positive. There doesn't have to be a tragedy to donate, and there's a nationwide shortage of O-pos going on right now--the Red Cross is releasing that type on an immediate transfusion-basis only, and our inventory is down to 3 units on the shelf right now---we usually stock about 20-30 in times of plenty. . . not good.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:42 pm

RIP to all of the victims. I think the coverage is appropriate.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:44 pm

I don't think it should be a holiday. Just an infamous date.....like D-Day.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:48 pm

I suspected that it would dominate TV and the radio all day; being the tenth anniversary and all. I think the first ten years after something like that happens, the anniversary is always going to be heavy-handed. I have a feeling though that after this year, the anniversary respectives may become less and less elaborate.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:49 pm

The city was mobbed today and the traffic all around was just unbearable.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:33 am

One thing my mother pointed out, and I think she's right, with all this coverage everybody points out how much they're still hurting from it, which is true, I don't think time will ever heal these wounds, but you're publicizing that the terrorists are essentially winning because we're giving up all our liberties in a vain effort to stop them which they're going to find ways around anyway and every day we let them know they hit us hard and we still haven't recovered to which they're probably thrilled as hell.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:44 am

Supernova wrote:... they're probably thrilled as hell.
    Yeah, the ones we haven't killed yet.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

The 9/11 Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 3 Empty 'Al Qaeda marked 10th anniversary of 9/11 with hour-long video featuring new leader and unreleased footage of Bin Laden'

Post by Chris Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:24 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2036779/9-11-Al-Qaeda-mark-anniversary-Ayman-al-Zawahiri-Osama-Bin-Laden-video.html#ixzz1XqjLGSun

Al Qaeda marked 10th anniversary of 9/11 with hour-long video featuring new leader and unreleased footage of Bin Laden
    By Wil Longbottom

Last updated at 5:30 PM on 13th September 2011

Al Qaeda has marked the 10th anniversary of the September 11 terrorist attacks with an hour-long video released on jihadist websites, an intelligence monitoring service has revealed.

U.S.-based Site Monitoring Services said the video featured an audio speech by the new leader, Egyptian Ayman al-Zawahiri, as well as previously unreleased footage of former leader Osama bin Laden.

The 62-minute video, called The Dawn of Imminent Victory, was posted on jihadist forums yesterday. Zawahiri is shown in a still photo.

The 9/11 Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 3 Article-2036779-0DDBD98300000578-613_634x378
    Rallying call: Ayman al-Zawahiri, the new leader of Al Qaeda, is seen in a still from a video timed to coincide with the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks

The 9/11 Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 3 Article-2036779-0DDBD7FC00000578-183_306x423
    The 9/11 Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 3 Article-2036779-0DDB471800000578-96_306x423
    Message: The hour-long video also featured unreleased footage from Osama bin Laden, who was killed by U.S. Navy Seals in May

In it, he said: 'Ten years have passed since the blessed attacks on New York and Washington and Pennsylvania, that mighty event which shook and continues to shake the pillars of the global crusade.'

U.S. intelligence officials say Zawahiri tops their hit list after the killing of bin Laden by Navy Seals in Pakistan in May.

The country was on high alert over the weekend over what officials described as a credible but unconfirmed terror threat on Washington or New York.

Zawahiri is quoted as saying he hoped the 'Arab Spring' protest movements that have overthrown leaders in Egypt, Tunisia and Libya would establish what he called true Islam.

He said: 'The Arab people have been freed from the chains of fear and terror, so who is the winner and who is the loser?

'The blessed rebellious Arab earthquake has turned America's calculations head over heels.

'We ask God that the spring of strength and liberation be the bitter winter of America and a dark tunnel from which it will not emerge except in defeat.'

Zawahiri called on Syrians to persevere in their struggle against the 'corrupt and criminal' rule of President Bashar al-Assad and welcomed the overthrow of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi.

And he asked Muslims worldwide to focus their efforts on fighting the U.S.

Al Qaeda, which called for the violent overthrow of secular Arab governments, lost a great deal of relevance as a result of the political upheaval across the Middle East and North Africa.

In the video, Bin Laden is said to warn Americans against 'falling as slaves' to the control of major corporations and claimed the 'tyranny' of capitalism had brought the U.S. to the brink of bankruptcy.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2036779/9-11-Al-Qaeda-mark-anniversary-Ayman-al-Zawahiri-Osama-Bin-Laden-video.html#ixzz1XrkytULw
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:53 pm

The mother fucker got one thing right. About being slaves to the greed of corporations. I still wish the SEAL team desecrated his body even if they kept it a secret.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

The 9/11 Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 3 Empty Skyscraper Design Looks Like Twin Towers Collapsing

Post by Cheaps Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:12 am

The 9/11 Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 3 592016-the-cloud
    The 9/11 Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 3 512176-the-cloud

Skyscraper design looks like Twin Towers collapsing

A SOUTH Korean developer says it will not alter the design of a twin-tower project despite complaints in the United States that it mimics the explosions at New York's World Trade Centre in 2001.

The towers, one with 54 floors and the other with 60, are designed by Dutch architects MVRDV and will be built at the entrance to Seoul’s redeveloped Yongsan business district by 2016.

The towers will be connected midway up by a cloud-shaped bridging section that will house amenities including sky lounges, a swimming pool and restaurants.

But families of victims of the 9/11 attacks see a marked resemblance between the project known as The Cloud and the clouds of debris that billowed from the World Trade Centre after hijacked airliners ploughed into the towers.

"Allegations that it [the design] was inspired by the 9/11 attacks are groundless," said White Paik, spokesman for the Yongsan Development Corporation.

"There will be no revision or change in our project," he said, adding that construction would begin in January 2013 as scheduled.

MVRDV said it "regrets deeply" any painful connotations.

"It was not our intention to create an image resembling the attacks nor did we see the resemblance during the design process," it said in a statement on its website.

"We sincerely apologise to anyone whose feelings we have hurt," it added.

Jim Riches, a retired New York deputy fire chief whose son was killed on 9/11, said he did not believe the architects.

"It looks just like the towers imploding," the New York Daily News quoted him as saying. "I think they’re trying to sensationalise it. It’s a cheap way to get publicity.”

http://www.news.com....i-1226220540181

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:20 am

Horrible, horrible taste.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:19 am

The 9/11 Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 3 The-cloud-seoul

Here's a different angle.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:09 am

That's crass and disrespectful.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:46 pm

In very poor taste.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:22 pm

Poor taste for sure.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:29 pm

Not only poor taste its ugly as hell.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:38 pm

Why? It's not even cute.
    chitown2020
    chitown2020
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

The 9/11 Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 3 Empty coincidences

Post by chitown2020 Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:15 am

Too many bad things have happened on the 11's to be coincidental. If you believe these are natural occurences you should Google or youtube search HAARP. Psychopaths are running the world and playing God. Like hospice for example. Beware of the consequences for asking the Government(s) for help like Obamacare. There is real evil running this world creating poverty and tragedy to enslave mankind into a global serfdom. Check out the illuminati, the freemasons, the Vatican/Rothschild new world order on you tube and the Keiser Report or RTNEWS.COM. PLEASE WAKE UP PEOPLE! PLEASE Check out JFK'S SPEECH ON SECRET SOCIETIES ON YOU TUBE. . These globalists are stealing your freedom and your country right under your nose under many disguises. Globalization is a New World Order scam to steal our wealth and National Sovereignty. We need a nationwide referendum on the ballot in 2012 to abolish the FED and restore the U.S. CONSTITUTION. We need to issue our own currency, U.S. BANK NOTES BACKED BY OUR OWN NATURAL RESOURCE REVENUES ISSUED VIA STATE BANKS. THAT IS THE ONLY PATH TO PROSPERITY AND FREEDOM. A NATION IN DEBT AND AT WAR IS NOT FREE!
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:34 am

Think you meant to post this over at FR where the batshit crazies run free The 9/11 Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 3 Roll-eye-smiley
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:47 am

CeCe wrote:Think you meant to post this over at FR where the batshit crazies run free The 9/11 Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 3 Roll-eye-smiley
    Yep!
    blank stare @ you
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:50 pm

I KNOW FM is going to jump on me for this (LOL!) but.... the Bush Administration also kept the fear of possible future attacks alive... thus making it impossible for the American people to heal and find closure. In the media, the Administration was constantly talking about WMDs, 9/11, mushroom cloud, 9/11, 9/11, Sept 11, terrorism.... we were bombarded with it for years. Instead of trying to promote the country to come together and heal.... they promoted fear--- and everyone became fearful of their arab/muslim neighbors/businessman

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:19 am