CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Cape Fear - which version do you prefer?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Cape Fear - which version do you prefer? Empty Cape Fear - which version do you prefer?

Post by Supernova Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:00 am

Which do you prefer? The 1962 version or 1991 one? I say 1962, Robert Mitchum is just naturally an intimidating looking guy...he didn't need to tattoo his whole body to look menacing. Also, the original's plot is more believable, which is why it's so scary. Any one of us could be a witness that puts a guy away and when he finally gets out wants revenge. In comparison, very few of us would ever be a lawyer who gets our client convicted. The way I see it, the remake was idiotic in so many ways I lose count. Bowden and his whole family was just so stupid in the remake.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Cape Fear - which version do you prefer? Empty Re: Cape Fear - which version do you prefer?

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:20 am

For some reason or another I've never seen the original but I have a feeling I won't be disappointed. Mitchum makes a great villain. Have you seen Night of the Hunter?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Cape Fear - which version do you prefer? Empty Re: Cape Fear - which version do you prefer?

Post by Supernova Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:08 am

Oh yes, I love Night of the Hunter, it's one of my favorite movies. And it was so nice to see Mitchum get shot in it, and the sound he makes as he runs to hide in the barn, after he spent the whole movie trying to catch and kill those kids, that was just perfect!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:10 am