CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Forgiveness Man
CeCe
Alan Smithee
Supernova
8 posters

Shopping on Black Friday and Christmas Eve

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Shopping on Black Friday and Christmas Eve Empty Shopping on Black Friday and Christmas Eve

Post by Supernova Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:47 pm

Do you do either of these things?

The ONLY store you'll ever catch me at on either day is the grocery store. I never put anything off until Christmas Eve to get, and I sure as hell would not be caught getting up at 5 in the morning, in the dark, to go to a store where you might have the joy of getting trampled to death by other shoppers looking to save 60% on something. Especially after that one guy in the store was trampled to death two years ago, I'd think more people would opt to stay home on Black Friday.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Shopping on Black Friday and Christmas Eve Empty Re: Shopping on Black Friday and Christmas Eve

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:42 pm

Supernova wrote:Do you do either of these things?
    no
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Shopping on Black Friday and Christmas Eve Empty Re: Shopping on Black Friday and Christmas Eve

Post by CeCe Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:44 pm

I have had to do the Christmas Eve mad dash because something unexpected happened. Try to avoid it. But I will never be part of Black Sunday.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:26 pm

I've never done a door buster. We have stopped into a store on Black Friday once but gave up due to the lines and went to breakfast. For some reason, we tried like 3 other stores to find what we wanted and couldn't. We went back to the store we were at earlier and the very product we were holding was still where we had left it, only the lines were GONE! xD

And that is the story of our only Black Friday shopping experience. IMO, it's just plain nuts!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:41 pm

VERY nuts and don't they start them earlier and earlier every year? I expect soon it'll come to starting at midnight on Thanksgiving, like when that Harry Potter book came out and everybody was standing in big lines at midnight to get it when it first came out. To me, that kind of stuff is so stupid, WHY would somebody want to get in a long line at midnight to buy something?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:51 pm

^^^^I got no freaking clue. It's nuts to me. I pray I never have to work somewhere that forces me to come in to handle the nuts who do. And they DO seem to get earlier every year. First it was 7, then 6, then 5, then 4, and now even 3 AM? WTH?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:22 pm

Yeah, I don't get these people. Particularly for late fall going into winter, nothing would be getting me up and outside at 5 or 3 in the morning unless the house was on fire, or aliens landed in our front yard or something reasonable like that.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:32 pm

Never on Christmas Eve (if I can help it), but I definitely go out on Black Friday. I like drama and being in the thick of things; so those crowds don't at all irritate me.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:15 am

I don't buy nobody shit, so not really. If I do, I shop online during the holiday season mostly. I'll do Black Friday when I'm up and decide to go out and see what's left, but I damn sure don't get up early to do it.
    Dan70
    Dan70
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 6

Post by Dan70 Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:03 pm

Shopping on Christmas Eve is akin to a gang of rats eating what's left of trash. The sheer frantic desperation of it. Now Black Friday is a maybe. Depends on if I'm in the mood to be amongst the crowds and how much something I want is being marked down.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:31 pm

I love Black Friday. If I am home for Thanksgiving, I go every year. The earlier the better! As far as Christmas eve, not too much because I am usually in the thick of celebrations by then.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:17 am