CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Marc™
AtownPeep
Nystyle709
Jason B.
Chris
9 posters

The 'Keri Hilson' Discussion Thread

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

The 'Keri Hilson' Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Keri Hilson hints at new album

Post by Chris Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:49 pm

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2011/08/keri-hilson-hints-album-videos/#more-42062

The 'Keri Hilson' Discussion Thread - Page 2 Kerihilson_07_lowres

Though rocking stages on a nationwide trek with Lil’ Wayne in promotion of her sophomore effort ‘No Boys Allowed’, ‘Pretty Girl Rock’ singer Keri Hilson sat down with Billboard.com to reveal she’s already starting work on its successor. But, while fans may be anxious to know more about her third studio effort, Hilson dished there is still more in store for her current release.

See what Miss Keri Baby had to say about these topics and more after the jump:

Via Billboard.com:

On her new album:

“It [the concept] may actually change, but I think it’s the one. I’m starting conceptually to figure out how I want to bridge the gap between my second and third albums… But even when you’re promoting your album and still releasing singles, you still have to think about your future. You have to prepare because so much goes into it. So I’ve got that little bit of an idea, which is a start.”

On potential next singles:

“We have to narrow it down very, very soon and shoot the video,” Hilson says. “We’re proud of the fact that we have so many options on my albums for singles, but for the next one I really want people to get the concept of the album. I think some of the singles that we’ve chosen so far don’t quite encapsulate the album title and theme. I straddle the fence between getting the concept out and just having a simple, great, successful song.”

“I believe I’m going to shoot two more videos after “Lose Control.” The single pickers udnermine that I still have a point to get across. There are core records that really do that. I would love to release one or two of those. After “Lose Control,” I’d love to release “All the Boys,” “Buyou,” “Beautiful Mistake”… “Hustler.” We just have to narrow it down and shoot a video for the one we think people will love.”

On shooting her own videos:

“I would love to tell a story and shoot more videos on my own,”. “I would love to do more accessories. I would love to do a short film-style video…because it’s a real story of single women who are dating. I keep it real. I talk about how we really think and how we really feel. So I think there’s a message to still be had from this project.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:32 pm