CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Let Me In Movie

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Let Me In Movie Empty Let Me In Movie

Post by Shale Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:34 am

Let Me In
    Movie Blurb by Shale
    October 1, 2010

I had seen the trailers and this was my movie choice for the week. Guess I was curious about the second film to cast Chloe Grace Moretz (Hit Girl in Kick Ass) as a ruthless killer - this time a child vampire. Also, I am a sucker for vampire movies.

This is not the usual action vampire movie tho. Just as Twilight is a love story that happens to have vampires and werewolves involved, this movie is a drama about Owen (Kodi Smit-McPhee) a lonely, troubled 12-year-old boy whose parents are getting divorced that happens to have a child vampire in it.

Abby (Chloe Grace Moretz) moves into Owen's apartment building in Los Alamos NM in 1983 with a guy we suppose is her father (Richard Jenkins). They live next door to Owen and his mother. Abby is strange, walks barefoot in the snow and looks lonely and disturbed like Owen. She announces to Owen on first meeting him out in the playground that she can't be his friend - yet they meet again and form a relationship.

Friends
    Let Me In Movie 66052_gal

We soon learn that Abby's father goes out on missions at night to collect human blood for the girl and he is weary of the task but does it as some kind of duty. Meanwhile, Owen, a skinny boy, smaller than his classmates is being bullied by some larger kids at school with some suspenseful moments in the pool.

Owen Cornered In The Pool
    Let Me In Movie 69712_gal

Owen learns the nature of his new friend, who even tells him that she has been 12 for a while. Eventually, this drama becomes a study in evil and I was more disturbed by the evil in the school than by the evil in the apartment next door. The movie title refers to a vampire limitation that they cannot come into your house without your permission.

Let Me In
    Let Me In Movie 66051_gal

There are quite a few very suspenseful scenes thru-out the movie and I really liked its novel approach to a vampire story.

While watching this R-rated movie, I was aware of it moving slowly, meticulously with great camera angles that gave me a feeling of one of those cinematic works that you
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Let Me In Movie Empty Re: Let Me In Movie

Post by Tony Marino Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:21 am

Sounds like a movie I want to see.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:21 am