CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Wait Until Dark

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Wait Until Dark Empty Wait Until Dark

Post by Supernova Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:38 pm

Great suspense film, great Audrey Hepburn performance, all around I'd call it a great movie. It still has the ability to give people the chills, and I can't imagine how it must've been in the theater back in '67 when as she smashed all the lights in her apartment, all the lights went out in the theater to as low as was legally possible. You don't hear about anybody trying something like that before Wait Until Dark, or since. I love the movie. Who else?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Wait Until Dark Empty Re: Wait Until Dark

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:25 pm

(Spoiler ahead) Are you posting this because it was just on (TCM?)? It’s been years since I’ve seen it. Was this the only time Alan Arkin played a villain? I have to say though, the scene at the end when he practically leaps across the room after she stabbed him was kind of overly dramatic.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:46 am

alan smithee wrote:(Spoiler ahead) Are you posting this because it was just on (TCM?)? It’s been years since I’ve seen it. Was this the only time Alan Arkin played a villain? I have to say though, the scene at the end when he practically leaps across the room after she stabbed him was kind of overly dramatic.

I don't know if it was his only time.

Yeah it might be kind of overly dramatic, but it works, it still makes people jump when it happens.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:45 am

Supernova wrote:

I don't know if it was his only time.

Yeah it might be kind of overly dramatic, but it works, it still makes people jump when it happens.

Well it had been about 30 years since I saw it so it sure made me jump LOL. Reminds me of one of the rare times I saw a movie in the theater more than once. It was the Bond flick, Diamonds Are Forever. There's a scene where he's unexpectedly struck in the head from behind. Made me jump. The second time I saw the movie, I watched the audience instead of the movie to watch everyone else jump.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:26 am