CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

The Nanny (1965) with Bette Davis

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

The Nanny (1965) with Bette Davis Empty The Nanny (1965) with Bette Davis

Post by Supernova Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:25 pm

Has anybody here seen this movie? I saw it a long time ago on Turner Classic Movies during the horror movie run of October, and that movie has ALWAYS freaked me out, from the first time I saw it.

What we have here is a 10 year old boy, Joey Fane, who was sent away to a reform school of sorts, because 2 years ago his little sister, Susie drowned in the bathtub, and he was blamed for it. He insisted the nanny killed his sister, and he comes home and that nanny is still there. Joey goes back into the same patterns he established after Susie was killed, not eating, not sleeping, accusing the nanny of trying to poison him. The father goes away on business, leaving his wife and son alone with the nanny...the mother is soon poisoned, and a bottle is found under Joey's pillow, but he still insists the nanny did it. His Aunt Penelope who everybody knows has a bad heart, is called in to stay with him because he refuses to be left alone with Nanny. Nobody believes a word he says but he always insists that Nanny killed Susie and Nanny tried to kill him.

I loved this movie from the first time I saw it, and it was a VERY creepy movie...why it's taken Turner Classic Movies seven or eight years to show it again, I don't know, but I found out it's going to be on again one day in November, and I intend to record it again when it comes on.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

The Nanny (1965) with Bette Davis Empty Re: The Nanny (1965) with Bette Davis

Post by Supernova Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:34 pm

bump

This is another movie that can be widely available to the online public as it is up on Youtube in 9 parts.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:56 pm

This was a Bette Davis movie correct? She was the Nanny.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:35 pm

Yes, VERY scary crazy woman. And that movie sold me, I am NEVER GETTING A NANNY.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:04 pm

Supernova wrote:Yes, VERY scary crazy woman. And that movie sold me, I am NEVER GETTING A NANNY.

Did you ever see "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" and "Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte"??? Both Davis movies and both really good.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:10 pm

I saw Baby Jane and all I can say about that one is that bitch is crazy! Two terrors on one screen, I really almost feel sorry for Joan Crawford (whoda thunk it?), I read that when Bette was kicking her for one scene, she did it so hard that Joan needed stiches in her head. So to retaliate, Joan put weights in her pockets so when Baby Jane drags Blanche around, Bette wrenched her back.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:11 pm

Supernova wrote:I saw Baby Jane and all I can say about that one is that bitch is crazy! Two terrors on one screen, I really almost feel sorry for Joan Crawford (whoda thunk it?), I read that when Bette was kicking her for one scene, she did it so hard that Joan needed stiches in her head. So to retaliate, Joan put weights in her pockets so when Baby Jane drags Blanche around, Bette wrenched her back.

There were so many rumors about what went on between those two, it was said that they hated each other so who knows maybe its true?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:13 pm

I read that Joan was offered a role in another movie with Bette, and she said she was too sick to do it, I think she was even in a hospital, and when someone came to see her, she popped up and said she wasn't sick, she just couldn't stand the idea of doing another movie with Bette. Can't say I blame her.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:15 pm

Supernova wrote:I read that Joan was offered a role in another movie with Bette, and she said she was too sick to do it, I think she was even in a hospital, and when someone came to see her, she popped up and said she wasn't sick, she just couldn't stand the idea of doing another movie with Bette. Can't say I blame her.

I believe that movie was Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte and when Joan Crawford could not do it, they got Olivia De Havilland to do it. If you get a chance you should see this one.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:35 pm

Oddly enough I bought that tape a couple years ago, but I haven't gotten around to seeing it.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:56 pm

Supernova wrote:Oddly enough I bought that tape a couple years ago, but I haven't gotten around to seeing it.

Check it out its good!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:22 pm