CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Marc™
Nystyle709
LVJoel
RedBedroom
Alan Smithee
Dan70
Supernova
11 posters

What are your favorite comic strips?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

What are your favorite comic strips? Empty What are your favorite comic strips?

Post by Supernova Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:43 am

My absolute favorite ones to catch in the paper whenever possible are:

Garfield
    Peanuts
    Nancy
    Mutts
    Lola
    Family Circus
    One Big Happy

and my fewer favorite ones that I also always catch in the paper are:

Dennis the Menace
    Beetle Bailey
    Blondie and Dagwood
    Wizard of Id
    For Better or For Worse

How about everyone else?
    Dan70
    Dan70
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 6

What are your favorite comic strips? Empty Re: What are your favorite comic strips?

Post by Dan70 Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:34 am

Marmaduke and Blondie.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

What are your favorite comic strips? Empty Re: What are your favorite comic strips?

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:55 am

Doonesbury and two that they don't make anymore, The Far Side, and Calvin and Hobbs.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:19 am

I hardly ever look at comics. But if I had to choose, I probably would say Family Circle.
    LVJoel
    LVJoel
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 4

Post by LVJoel Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:40 pm

Classic Peanuts, Argyle Sweater, Pearls Before Swine, Strange Brew, Non Sequitur.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:10 pm

NEVER understood how people got into those shits. Comics are the most boring things ever. The Boondocks is the only comic strip I've ever read on a regular basis.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:09 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:NEVER understood how people got into those shits.

Because some are laugh out loud funny sometimes.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:35 am

Garfield.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:44 am

alan smithee wrote:

Indeeeeeeeed, sounds like Nystyle's looking at the wrong comics.
    JeanMerc82
    JeanMerc82
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by JeanMerc82 Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:57 am

Peanuts,Garfield and Dennis the Menace.

Last edited by TrevorToddFan on Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:18 am

I don't really make it a habit of reading comic strips, but on the occasion that I do, I sometimes read Foxtrot and Ziggy.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:24 pm

alan smithee wrote:

Keyword. I've read most of the popular ones at some point and the books in the comic store and it's just not hitting it for me. They're boring. And to think people spend thousands upon thousands of dollars to collect them. (Kanye shrug) I guess.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:50 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

Keyword. I've read most of the popular ones at some point and the books in the comic store and it's just not hitting it for me. They're boring. And to think people spend thousands upon thousands of dollars to collect them. (Kanye shrug) I guess.

Today it's harder to find them, but have you ever read the original Garfield comics from the 70s and 80s?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:52 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

I added another keyword but regardless if it's not all and always that's still an explanation to your quandry of why people get into those shits :biggrin:. Some have a storyline that some of us like to follow for a few seconds a day. No one is saying you're wrong for not liking them but we're not wrong if we do.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:20 pm

alan smithee wrote:

Keyword. If this is going to be your example, some are funny sometimes, then why would you be into comics if you don't find the majority of them enjoyable? That was the original question, are you a fan of comics? That's like me saying I'm into sports, but I don't like football, basketball, softball, soccer, baseball, golf, hockey, tennis, skiing, water polo, and NASCAR.

I added another keyword but regardless if it's not all and always that's still an explanation to your quandry of why people get into those shits What are your favorite comic strips? 372971.

Uh, obviously. My comment was based on my perspective. There wouldn't be any comics if people didn't enjoy them. I'm well aware of that fact.

Some have a storyline that some of us like to follow for a few seconds a day. No one is saying you're wrong for not liking them but we're not wrong if we do.

I never said you were wrong for liking them. I just said they were boring and that's why I don't care for comics. I've already stated that I liked The Boondocks when it was a strip. That still doesn't mean I don't find the majority of comics boring and unfunny. cool

Last edited by Nystyle709 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:20 pm

Supernova wrote:

Today it's harder to find them, but have you ever read the original Garfield comics from the 70s and 80s?

Nope. I'll watch the cartoon.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:32 pm

Family Circus and Peanuts are cute. But I really loved the short-lived Rhymes With Orange.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:08 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:Family Circus and Peanuts are cute. But I really loved the short-lived Rhymes With Orange.

Short lived in your paper maybe cries
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:26 pm

If this is going to be your example, some are funny sometimes, then why would you be into comics if you don't find the majority of them enjoyable? That was the original question, are you a fan of comics? That's like me saying I'm into sports, but I don't like football, basketball, softball, soccer, baseball, golf, hockey, tennis[/b], skiing, water polo, and NASCAR.

Wasn't the original question what are your favorite comic strips? So I can enjoy football or baseball or bear baiting and not like basketball, hockey or NASCAR and still be into sports. I like to watch TV too but I don't like every show.

I really enjoy The Boondocks on TV but never had the chance to read it as a strip. What was it in? A newspaper?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:49 pm

alan smithee wrote:

Wasn't the original question what are your favorite comic strips?

Yes. Now how would that be different from being into them? They correlate.

So I can enjoy football or baseball or bear baiting and not like basketball, hockey or NASCAR and still be into sports. I like to watch TV too but I don't like every show.

You can be, but that was hardly the point I made. Why would you say you're into sports and dislike the majority of sports? It doesn't make sense.
    I liked ONE comic strip but I dislike most others because they're boring. Which is why I don't understand why people like them because I find them boring. I know the ones who don't are the ones who read them. Tis all good either way.

I really enjoy The Boondocks on TV but never had the chance to read it as a strip. What was it in? A newspaper?

Yep. It was in most newspapers around the country.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:04 pm

Oh. My. God. You have no idea how much you sound like a certain someone else. Right down to the "it makes no sense." ROFLMFAO. I know I'm likely to get an ass whooping for even suggesting such a thing but the similarities are just too eerie. The question was still, what's your favorite? In your case it's The Boondocks. Period. Every other one you find boring. Tell you what. If you want to say that I'm not into sports because I only follow a relative few (and I didn't say I disliked the majority) that's fine. If you want to say that I'm not into TV because only a small percentage of what's available interests me, that's cool too. But be that as it may, I can still have favorites.

I don't think The Boondocks was ever in the Star Ledger. My loss.
    el Rio
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

Post by el Rio Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:18 pm

THere are several that I like, Calvin and Hobbes, Far Side, Non Sequitur and bunches of older, long gone comics. A lot of it has to due with growing up without a TV as a kid. Reading was the alternative to a handfull of radio programs I liked hearing. Cartoons crack me up sometimes...and in the late 60's/early 70's the underground comics were powerful both as message and amusement. Had a TV for a while but blew it up...to me it's to contrived and political. Haven't watched one in 20 years plus. Cartoons I can pick and choose and I still do. BUT thats just my opinion...others may differ.

Last edited by el Rio on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:32 pm

alan smithee wrote:Oh. My. God. You have no idea how much you sound like a certain someone else. Right down to the "it makes no sense." ROFLMFAO. I know I'm likely to get an ass whooping for even suggesting such a thing but the similarities are just too eerie.

You will. Please don't go there. If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, I'll strangle you. LOL. I am NOTHING like that fool.

The question was still, what's your favorite? In your case it's The Boondocks. Period. Every other one you find boring. Tell you what. If you want to say that I'm not into sports because I only follow a relative few (and I didn't say I disliked the majority) that's fine. If you want to say that I'm not into TV because only a small percentage of what's available interests me, that's cool too. But be that as it may, I can still have favorites.

I didn't say you did. I used sports as an example. I was making a point. It wasn't meant to be taken literally. But okay.

I don't think The Boondocks was ever in the Star Ledger. My loss.

Maybe that paper didn't/doesn't have a big enough circulation. It was in the Daily News. big grin
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:49 pm

alan smithee wrote:

Short lived in your paper maybe cries
    You still have it and you cry about it? Or am I misunderstanding your post? Razz
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:21 pm

Maybe that paper didn't/doesn't have a big enough circulation. It was in the Daily News. big grin

According to what I could find it's only about 200,000 behind the News. Oh well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:20 am